I have discovered most people would not fight back.

whitetiger5

Hello Folks.
I was discussing self defense with about 30 people most of them were women. All were older than 25 years of age, We were waiting for a class to start. All of us were teachers or coaches. Someone was talking about Martin and Zimmerman. A women said he was wrong and should go to jail cause he had a gun. I said He had a weapons permit. She said if you kill someone you should go to jail cause that the police were there to protect us. I said what about the right of self defense. She and most of the women said the police would defend us.
I said what about all the people who are robbed each year and the homes broken into and the people who get killed each year? The police arrive too late to help them one of the women said The police help most of the people. I said what about the ones who are not saved by the police, should they be able to defend them selfs she said If they did not resist they would have only been robbed and money is not worth fighting for.
I am getting sick to my soul hearing this and said OK so a serial killer who is not going for money can people defend them selfs from that person she said that happens only to people looking for trouble. I then said ok what about someone who is being raped in her own home after a break-in.
Can that person use self defense. She said you can talk that guy out of it. I see it all the time on TV.
I talked about the ww2 death camps and how most of the people did not try to defend them selfs till it was too late. If they could should they have try to defend them selfs. None said anything.
It hit me that it could happen again anywhere, people are trained to not fight back, to follow orders and not defend them selfs. Vets, police and some people will fight back most will not. The men in the class said the guys who killed or raped should be put to death after they are judged but most of them would not carry a gun or chase the bad guy they would call the police its not their job. I was the only vet in the class. 7 men and me. A older women about 50 something said she carrys a gun and if someone broke into her home she would blast him out of his socks. I asked her why she carried a gun she said cause I am worth it and so is my family. The police can write the story down and cart the bad guy off, instead of me and my family.
There was more talk and most were just the same stuff about the police and not being in the wrong place and being a good person and bad things do not happen to you. Its like people throwing someone to the wolfs as long as most of us get by.
Like Zimmerman looking out for his neighbors and then when he calls the police and things go wrong he is thrown to the wolfs. He had some break in crooks arrested a week or so before the shooting and saved his neighbors house he was a good guy then but when he got into trouble. no one stood by him.
This is why the people are trained not try to help each other, cause they do not want to be the one thrown to the wolfs. Look away do not see the women being dragged into the ally or the man being robbed, the house being broken into, the teenage boy slashing tires or the boy gang walking down the street breaking windows. don't be a hero! how many times do we hear that. Mind your own self.
Evil wins when good people do nothing. People I think there are not a lot of us who would fight back, so the few of us who would must stick together and be heard. This far and no more. I fight at this point.
if there were no guns and we went along with what ever the people in power said we would still be slaves all of us (not having anything to do with color.) Hiltler was scared of being killed by his own people more than the us army. thats why he took all the guns from his people. anyone ever see the movie the born losers, with Billy jack? sad sad world we live in.

Hello Folks.
I was discussing self defense with about 30 people most of them were women. All were older than 25 years of age, We were waiting for a class to start. All of us were teachers or coaches. Someone was talking about Martin and Zimmerman. A women said he was wrong and should go to jail cause he had a gun. I said He had a weapons permit. She said if you kill someone you should go to jail cause that the police were there to protect us. I said what about the right of self defense. She and most of the women said the police would defend us.
I said what about all the people who are robbed each year and the homes broken into and the people who get killed each year? The police arrive too late to help them one of the women said The police help most of the people. I said what about the ones who are not saved by the police, should they be able to defend them selfs she said If they did not resist they would have only been robbed and money is not worth fighting for.
How I would (and have) reply:

1. Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
  2. Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
  3. Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.
Police don't protect individuals. Police draw chalk outlines around individuals who fail to protect themselves.

If you're not willing and able to protect yourself, you're just not going to get protected at all. Anybody who tells you different is a liar.

That doctor, his wife and two daughters in Connecticut didn't resist. That didn't stop the two animals who broke in from beating the doctor half to death, and raping and burning to death the wife and daughters.

And regarding money not being worth fighting over, how about rape? Is it worth fighting in order not to be raped? How about in order to stop your children from being kidnapped and or molested? And how do YOU know what that violent criminal wants? HE probably doesn't know from one moment to the next. But as I'm fond of saying, "If you can't trust in the clear thinking, good judgment and basic human decency of an armed robber, what CAN you trust in...?"

Some people, when faced with unpleasant realities, retreat into make believe, such as being "protected" by the police.

Make believe is a REALLY lousy survival strategy.

"We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world. They can accept the fact that fires can happen, which is why they want fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, fire alarms and fire exits throughout their kids’ schools. But many of them are outraged at the idea of putting an armed police officer in their kid’s school. Our children are dozens of times more likely to be killed, and thousands of times more likely to be seriously injured, by school violence than by school fires, but the sheep’s only response to the possibility of violence is denial. The idea of someone coming to kill or harm their children is just too hard, so they choose the path of denial."
-Lt. Col. Dave Grossman-

Most people are going to be led to the slaughter. They cannot think for themselves; they have been lulled into a false sense of security by silver tongued politicians; who's only desire is complete control of their flock. They believe the police will protect them from the evil of the world because that's what they have been promised. The great thing about America is that there are people out there who have that patriotic spirit. People who question injustice and who will fight against those seeking to change our country. I just hope there are enough of us out there to make a difference.

It's a sad world we live in when no one is willing to stand up for themselves or their neighbors. This is part of the big problem in the U.S. people are blinded by the illusion that they are "safe" and the police will protect them at all times. I also feel this indirectly has something to do with the divorce rates. I believe if women valued their husbands to be a protector and actually valued that then alot of couples would work things out rather than just go their seperate ways. That being said, many husbands have also become dependant on the system for protection and don't own up to their duties as the man of the house. In the world today it usually takes something bad to happen to you or your family before you realize the need for protection or the need to fight back. It's sad that it's like that and we'll just keep allowing our liberties to be taken bit by bit as long as we "feel" safer.

This is all a product of the current politically correct liberal mentality that has permeated they country and overrun the educational institutions. You mentioned the lady in her 50s that carries and would defend herself and her family, she is a product of another era. This is what the younger generations are being taught... Go along to get along, just follow, we are from the government-we are here to help, hope and change and so on.....

This is why I have my children in private school and spend as much time as I can teaching them self reliance and values.

There are 3 types of mindsets in this world.....
The Sheep (Victims), The Wolves (Criminal Thugs) & The Sheep Dogs (Those who are willing to Fight the Wolves).

There are plenty of court rulings that confirm it is the individual’s responsibility to protect one’s self, there is no police “duty to protect”, this is a delusion that most people are under, and once understood and accepted, has the best influence in changing attitudes.

Bowers v. Devito, 686 F.2d 616 (7th Cir. 1982) (There is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen. It is monstrous if the state fails to protect its residents against such predators but it does not violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, or, we suppose, any other provision of the Constitution. The Constitution is a charter of negative liberties; it tells the state to let the people alone; it does not require the federal government or the state to provide services, even so elementary a service as maintaining law and order.); (No duty to protect) = Rule 12(b)(6) Motion to Dismiss;Cf. Reciprocial obligations;

Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d 1, 1981) ((O)fficial police personnel and the government employing them are not generally liable to victims of criminal acts for failure to provide adequate police protection ... this uniformly accepted rule rests upon the fundamental principle that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular citizen ... a publicly maintained police force constitutes a basic governmental service provided to benefit the community at large by promoting public peace, safety and good order.)

wow, that is an eye opener. are these people urbanites or country people? i ask because here in the mountains of tennessee i cannot think of any woman that i know that would not defend herself, her home and her family. maybe it is just a matter of being used to taking care of yourself that most country people are taught to do and not depending on "others" to do it for them.

i do agree that these attitudes are a product of the liberalization of america thru education and the leadership in power at this time. it has taken the liberal left many years to "train" the citizens to think like this and it will take a long time to change that.

Some police agencies perpetuate this myth of “Duty to Protect” with such slogans on their police cars as “To Protect and Serve”

I agree this is very sad. I am actually starting the process of getting a CCP so that I can protect my family. All of the incidents in the news show us that some people are just just crazy and you never know when you might come across one of them when they snap. I would rather be prepared and ready for that situation instead of being one of the people that do not have a plan.

The Constitution is a charter of negative liberties; it tells the state to let the people alone

Wow! I have NEVER heard it phrased in this light!
I thought it was designed to provide the inalienable rights given to us by God. To live our lives free from oppression of the Government that seeks too much power and so forth....

Some police agencies perpetuate this myth of “Duty to Protect” with such slogans on their police cars as “To Protect and Serve”
The last person who tried to assert to me that that has ANY practical effect AT ALL got the following reply:

"If it said, 'Have a nice day!', could you sue them if you didn't?'"

It's a nice sentiment, NOT a legal DUTY.

This is all a product of the current politically correct liberal mentality that has permeated they country and overrun the educational institutions. You mentioned the lady in her 50s that carries and would defend herself and her family, she is a product of another era. This is what the younger generations are being taught... Go along to get along, just follow, we are from the government-we are here to help, hope and change and so on.....

This is why I have my children in private school and spend as much time as I can teaching them self reliance and values.

If you think this just started in the last four years, then you have simply not been paying attention.

Wow! I have NEVER heard it phrased in this light!
I thought it was designed to provide the inalienable rights given to us by God. To live our lives free from oppression of the Government that seeks too much power and so forth....

It may be your thought process interfering with your understanding of what the Constitution actually is.
You state>>"I THOUGHT it was designed TO PROVIDE the inalienable rights given to us by God."
It's not designed to provide, the Constitution is there to make sure the government does not stop or restrict or infringe upon those "inalienable rights".
This is not nitpicking. Words have meaning. You must read carefully and choose your words accordingly. That will take you a long way in understanding the Constitution and your rights which it protects.

the constitution doesn't 'give' us any rights it just defines them ..unfortunately our government is taking them just as quickly as we allow them to

Whats really sad is that even if you do scream for help during an attack, your cries for help may fall upon deaf ears in the case of "Genovese syndrome".

I personally choose to defend myself and loved ones untill my dying breath, not sure why some people wouldnt.

the constitution doesn't 'give' us any rights it just defines them ..unfortunately our government is taking them just as quickly as we allow them to

Not really. When any entity defines something it is a subjective, restricting undertaking. That is not what the Founding Fathers intended.

It's like the Aaron Tippin song, You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. The women I know would fight tooth and nail for what is right. I don't bother anyone and I expect the same. I don't carry a gun because I want to look like a big man, I carry because I will do what it takes to protect me and mine.

Whats really sad is that even if you do scream for help during an attack, your cries for help may fall upon deaf ears in the case of "Genovese syndrome".

I personally choose to defend myself and loved ones untill my dying breath, not sure why some people wouldnt.
"Genovese..." Is that a breed of chicken? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back