I hate using this but Lol

she didn't even have the magazine in the firearm...wow...

this is the 2nd thread about this lady...the first thread didn't mention those details. Doesn't change my stance, except though she didn't do anything illegal in MY mind, she is a horribly misinformed firearm owner for having the magazine out of the handgun...

I wonder if she had a permission slip to carry concealed?

^--- Yeah timeout I need to find my mag then insert it then rack my gun take the safty off and find the target you may want to get something to drink this could take a wile.

this is the 2nd thread about this lady...the first thread didn't mention those details. Doesn't change my stance, except though she didn't do anything illegal in MY mind, she is a horribly misinformed firearm owner for having the magazine out of the handgun...

You know, the safe and responsible thing to do is to disassemble the pistol and carry the parts in different pockets.
It's safe, and also makes concealing the pistol much easier.

Can you rack your gun with the safety on?

The Ruger LCP .380 has no manual external safety. The long trigger pull is all it needs. As far as firearms with an external safety, like the other member said a 1911 can't, because all 1911's I have seen the safety slides up into a recessed portion of the slide, physically keeping the slide from moving back. There are clone 1911's, or micro 1911's (sig p238) which can have the slide actuated with the safety on. So it depends on which firearm, since no blanket statement will work.

You know, the safe and responsible thing to do is to disassemble the pistol and carry the parts in different pockets.
It's safe, and also makes concealing the pistol much easier.

See? i find out more information about the incident, and she's even more right. He flashed her child, maybe he was going to attack her son.

Every woman should carry a gun, only with one in the pipe and the magazine inserted.

The Ruger LCP .380 has no manual external safety. The long trigger pull is all it needs. As far as firearms with an external safety, like the other member said a 1911 can't, because all 1911's I have seen the safety slides up into a recessed portion of the slide, physically keeping the slide from moving back. There are clone 1911's, or micro 1911's (sig p238) which can have the slide actuated with the safety on. So it depends on which firearm, since no blanket statement will work.

Thanks, my wife's Glock also has no external safety - so I know you can rack that sort because there is no lock on the slide from a manual safety. I use a 1911a1 style firearm and know that the manual safety will stop the slide. I haven't had much experience with the others you mention, hence my question. Cheers.

That video was a hoot. LMAO.

You brandish you may go to jail and you may die at the hands of an "innocent BG" (when there are no witnesses) who was threatened with imminent danger of death or by a bystander invoking Alter Ego, who only saw a crazed woman threatening an "innocent BG" with a firearm and presuming imminent danger of death. As others have said for varied reasons, this lady better learn what her firearm is for--she is a danger to herself and others. Law enforcement should do her a favor and arrest her, if nothing else to impress on her what she is doing is wrong.

She did nothing wrong other than not having a bullet in the chamber. She was threatened and in fear for her life...if you can't see the connection there I feel sorry for your wife/daughter/mother...

A man approaches her "aggressively" and masturbates...should she wait until he drags her into the woods to rape and strangle her? Would it be o.k. With you then if she used her gun or should she wait until she saw a weapon?

It makes me wonder if you have tried this on someone and are now afraid you might get shot if you think she shouldn't defend herself. A woman approached by a man like this is in danger of sexual assault and that is why the police did not take actions against her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She did nothing wrong other than not having a bullet in the chamber. She was threatened and in fear for her life...if you can't see the connection there I feel sorry for your wife/daughter/mother...

A man approaches her "aggressively" and masturbates...should she wait until he drags her into the woods to rape and strangle her? Would it be o.k. With you then if she used her gun or should she wait until she saw a weapon?

It makes me wonder if you have tried this on someone and are now afraid you might get shot if you think she shouldn't defend herself. A woman approached by a man like this is in danger of sexual assault and that is why the police did not take actions against her.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will agree to disagree and I do have a daughter and a granddaughter. I also fully understand what you are saying but your responsiblity with a firearm goes beyond what this scenario is about. I assume if someone was coming toward her at night yelling obscene cuss words in a "gangsta mode" she would have also brandished because heavens to betsy the next move would be to drag her into an alley. BTW--she could have "tried harder" to avoid this scenario and if this idiot continued his obscene assault and she had nowhere else to go, I can easily see a presumption of an imminent threat--just did not pick up on all that from the info I see. Police were being kind but I hope they told her what she was doing could get her killed if she gets spooked by someone who also has a firearm. There are many cases where brandishing has resulted in the death of the brandisher--last one I recall in Bluffton, SC on Xmas eve either last year of 2 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back