I guess I can take this state off of my vacation list.

robstid

I guess I can take New Mexico off of my vacation list.

http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-concealed-carry/reciprocity-agreements/

By the way it looks, they only recognize 5 states.

I live in NM and this is bumming me. Not sure why they are going all crazy on this as of late. If you do visit, our state at least is a full open carry state. And you can carry concealed or anyway you want in your vehicle. Even on your bicycle.

Gold star by opencarry.org

Link Removed

Ya I was bummed when I seen this also. I thought we were starting to moving forward. I don't get it. I hope other states don't follow suit.

There has been a lot of people here in New Mexico making calls and sending e-mails to the Gov and Legislators, and also the DPS . . . PLUS . . . there have been a TON of people form all over the US doing the same . .

The result . . today they added back quite a few states into reciprosity status . . I look for all the rest to come back into reciprosity as well. The NRA on it's ILA page explains all of this in an update they sent out today to the NRA membership. They are claiming that the audit list wans not a cancellation list, just the results of the audit . . uh huh . . sure . . right . . that's about ALL I have to say. Public pressure from within and outside is what got them off their duffs to correct the mess that William Hubbard made with his list and whatever agenda he seems to have. I wonder how long this guy will have his job after this??

Who is William Hubbard? Is he the Knumb Knuts that started all this mess?

Anyway, most of the states have been added back in.

Good luck, everyone.

Ya I couldn't believe it, I seen the update last night. I take back everything bad I said about you NM.......well almost everything. :)

I have not been to New Mexico for a while, but as a Texas CHL holder this is a real bummer.
Looks like I won't be visiting New Mexico again.
Politically correct idiots.

Link Removed

Yup, lots of states back on the NM reciprocity list. Audit my behind, lol. I literally got my Florida CCW on a Friday and found out Monday they were no longer recognized in NM. I promptly sent an email to NMDPS from my .mil email account explaining how disappointed I was in the state. I would like to think that helped. Everything is all good, for now...

"...Gotta be on 'em like flies on a cow-pie. NEVER give up!"

Once this issue came to light by peeps from the "New Mexico Gun Rights" Facebook group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/275469932469512/ ), around 9:00PM Friday (4/27/2012) mucho chatter, subsequent reaching out to spread the word and proactive "grass-roots" activity was fired-up and continues.

By Tuesday (5/1/2012), after getting the word out, and helping create a Tsunami of emails & phone calls to Gov. Susana Martinez & aides (and simultaneous posts to her Facebook page), the NM Sec. of State and certain individuals at DPS were summoned to the Governor's office to discuss the reciprocity issue. (I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting!)

As of 4PM on Tuesday (5/1/2012), the NM reciprocity page remained unchanged from what it was since late afternoon on Friday 4/27/2012, when the FUBAR move was apparently instigated...by whom is not quite clear.

Here's a link to the Google cache page from Monday 4/30/2012:

Link Removed

Alternatively, Here is a pdf of the same page you all can download, if interested:

Link Removed

However, within the hour, by 5PM on Tuesday (5/1/2012), after the Governor's meeting, the NM reciprocity page was changed to how you see it now at:

Link Removed

Stating, "This information is current as of May 1, 2012. New Mexico currently recognizes concealed carry permits from or has reciprocal agreements with the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia."

This fight may not be over yet. As one "New Mexico Gun Rights" Facebook group member stated, "Gotta be on 'em like flies on a cow-pie. NEVER give up!", but it also sure helps to have a Governor who has a CCW permit too!

August, 2011 - New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez re-qualified for her concealed carry permit. She got a 100% score with both the .45 and .38 caliber handguns. She has been mentioned as a possible running for Mitt Romney in 2012.

...They are claiming that the audit list wans not a cancellation list, just the results of the audit . . uh huh . . sure . . right . . that's about ALL I have to say. Public pressure from within and outside is what got them off their duffs to correct the mess that William Hubbard made with his list and whatever agenda he seems to have. I wonder how long this guy will have his job after this??

Who is William Hubbard? Is he the Knumb Knuts that started all this mess?.

The radar is indeed on a Mr. Bill Hubbard, (I believe the Director of the CCW program in the NM DPS, under DPS Secretary Gordon Eden). He was contacted on the morning of 4/28/2012 by a member of the "New Mexico Gun Rights" Facebook group who asked him "Who was responsible for making the reciprocity determinations?", he allegedly responded by DROID with:
"We are bound to our statute 29-19-12E that says reciprocity can only be established with another state whose permitting is "at least as stringent or substantially similar" to our own. We then research the actual statutes of the other state and communicate with their officials. A review is made of the findings and final approval or disapproval is made by me. I wish it was as simple as "we recognize theirs if they recognize ours," but that is not the standard set by NM law."

Though not with any certainty, Mr. Hubbard either took it on his own, or was being "handled" by someone, to interpret the NM law as he did. The "audit" angle being promulgated appears to be a "plausible cover" explanation...It's the typical Bloombturd spin to back-peddle and provide a cover to a royal "head-up-arse" move that caught some politco trying to pull a fast one to further a personal agenda, with an "individual" interpretation of the Law!

When I called to speak to the DPS, lady stated they had hundreds of calls about it, saw NM losing money I guess, anyway went to the good side from the dark side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back