How to get bigger pockets

alternety

I recently received a gun I had ordered for pocket carry. The problem is that in real life I am having a serious problem getting it out of my pocket. I wear jeans essentially all the time. Some brands have (front) pockets that are better than others, but not generally acceptable.

Anyone know of pants that would be unremarkable for everyday wear, but have more generous front pockets?

I have thought about having the front right pockets replaced, but the opening would be hard to change and it is a significant part of the problem.

Buying another gun is not on the table for discussion at this point.

I found carpenders to have bigger opening but i still like cargo pants the best for pocket carry. I have an lcp that fits in my wrangler black cargos real well but when i were jeans i use a ankle rig because i dont like the bulk in jeans pockets. Just my experiance.

Duluth Trading Company's Ballroom Jeans (they actually have several variations on this style throughout their catalog). Pockets are 12" deep and made with washed fire hose -- which, in addition to giving you oversized pockets, also gives you a material that will help mask the shape of your pocket piece! I'm planning to pick up a couple of pairs in the near future for the same reason.

Men's Ballroom Jeans - Duluth Trading Company

Men's Fire Hose Workwear - Duluth Trading Company

Are you using a pocket holster? It sometimes, and I mean SOMETIMES, can assist in getting a pocket pistol out of your pocket. Carpenter jeans are good and khakis are sometimes a little more generous in the pocket area.

Yes, a holster is necessary. It is 9mm DAO only and has no mechanical safety. I am looking for a different holster as well. The one I have does not allow enough of the grip to be exposed.

I wear men's denim shorts I bought at SAM's during summer and I love them for their deep pockets. Even my 380 isn't noticeable.

I saw an add for a pair of pants that had a pocket that was larger than normal expressly for concealment of a gun. It had a snap closure that made the hand hole of the pocket normal size but when a large gun was drawn from the concealed holster in the pocket the snap would release allowing the extraction of the weapon. Do you think I could find the add right now? Not a chance. But I know it's out there.

My Carhart carpenter jeans have bigger front pockets... the looser my jeans fit the larger and easier the pockets are to get to

Re: Remora. That is what I need to replace. It covers too much of the grip.

Snappy pants, I saw that as well. I think I bookmarked it.

How about these Wrangler Riggs Men's Durashield Carpenter Blue Jeans:
13" deep front pockets with tape measure reinforcement on the right front pocket and 1000 denier DuPont Cordura lined back pockets."

Perfect for front or back carry.

Link Removed

1. Don't "Monkey Trap" yourself! Huh?
Can you get your hand in and out of your pocket with fingers straight? Yes.
Can you get your hand into your pocket (easily) while holding your firearm IN A FULL FIRING GRIP? No? Then it's not going to come OUT that way either!

2. Try squeezing the pistol grip between the thumb and the straight fingers as you start to present from the pocket. Once your knuckles clear the edge of the pocket you can wrap your fingers into the full firing grip.

3. Sometimes even that technique is not enough for those who can effortlessly palm a basketball to not catch the hammer spur of their N-frame S&W on their pocket edge.

Take Care.
Gary

Alternety, look at the CCW Breakaways. Sammy Reese did an article on them in the march/april issue of American Handgunner. I have seen other ad's for these in other mags. They are supposed to be coming out with a jeans version soon.

Jeans

Cabela's brand jeans have nice deep pockets. I am wearing them now with a Kel-Tec PF9 in a Galco PH460 holster in the right front pocket. It just disappears. Previously I wore Wranglers and could barely get a .380 in them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back