How much was your concealed handgun class?

I think my class was $55 for an 8 hour class and range time to qualify. Supply your own ammo and firearm.
The Utah license that I concurrently hold was $51, 4 hours class time, no qualifying.

$50 in MS, for the class toward the enhanced endorsement, included range time plus ammo.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Initial interview $133, see psychiatrist $150, the class here (Salinas, Ca) is 4 hours and cost is $60, pick up permit $80. Total $423.
Oh, nacho run $3.

My $85 included instruction, gun rental (I got 2) and range time (4 hours total), but it did NOT include the required 100 rounds of ammo.

Current rate in Northern Utah ranges from from 45 to 70$. I don't remember what mine cost.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I don't remember what my Oregon class cost -it was too long ago. I took a Utah class a year or so ago for $70, and I just go through taking a class for Nevada and Florida (that could have also been used for Utah and Oregon if I didn't all ready have the permits) for free. It came with 4 days of defensive handgun training, all included in my life membership to Front Sight in Nevada.

Free at the range that I shot at weekly before I was of age to have a permit. Would go with a friend and shoot. The owner, also an instructor, in his raspy sort of old salt mutter said "now go get your ********** permit" and I had the state required certificate. The rest of it cost me around $200 but it saved me $150.

Never had to take a class. In Florida, your DD214 or Honorable Discharge is sufficient, even if you got discharged in 1918! :wink:

$35. but that was several years ago. Most signs I see now are for $50. but every now and then Ill see some independent instructor offering class for $40.

Never had to take a class. In Florida, your DD214 or Honorable Discharge is sufficient, even if you got discharged in 1918! :wink:

I don't call that free - mine cost me 4 years and a bunch of sweat. But it allowed me to get my Virginia non-resident permit without having to take "additional" training.

My last was a renewal. $50 for a four hour class and qualification, and $35 to the state (Texas). Next time it will only be $35, since continuing education and qualification is no longer required.

I don't call that free - mine cost me 4 years and a bunch of sweat. But it allowed me to get my Virginia non-resident permit without having to take "additional" training.

I agree. The M60 rounds and 50 calibers on the tanks and APC's have knocked my hearing down to 95%-. But ,I have no regrets. I survived to become an old man!

Whatever,I'm proud of my service and even though I can't hear Sinatra anymore,I'd do it all over again. And again.

$85 for the class plus the ammo and gun rental if you did not have your own, and then $115 for the state, 6-8 weeks later you get your permit, and $50 every 4 years for renewal

I agree. The M60 rounds and 50 calibers on the tanks and APC's have knocked my hearing down to 95%-.

What? What? Speak up a bit more.
81mm mortarman grunt here. A few times we got sent out to shoot without advance word and had no time to go back for our ear plugs. A few of us were scraping wax off the ordnance packing for something to seal our ears with. The squad leader (me) had to keep one ear open to hear the fire controls from the radio handset.
No regrets here either. It was the best way to jump-start adulthood for me.

$65 for a 4 hour Class that is required to apply for a permit. No need to ever take it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

I don't remember. That was 15-20 years ago. I don't remember it being cheap. They required you to purchase insurance back then too... for the county sheriff!!! Back then it was special request only and good for the county only.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back