How much was your concealed handgun class?

Our classes are $100.00 for the MN Permit to Carry Class, the same as our NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Class. Students will receive completion certificates for the NRA Personal Protection in the Home Class, along with their Certificate to apply for their MN Permit to Carry with their local County Sheriffs Office. Note non-residents may apply with any County Sheriffs Office in MN.
Link Removed

The 16 hour class in Sacramento County is $180 and includes range fee's for the shooting test. That portion requires 50 rounds per gun (3 maximum) and is not a walk through. You have to be proficient.

I paid $100 for the class. The permit application to the sheriff was another $80 and there was a $10 fingerprinting fee.

$75 for class, which included a good lunch catered in. $90 to the sheriff for the permit.

Sent via 300 baud dial-up

Just before SANDYHOOK I bought two GROUPONS one for a basic Handgun class, and the other a TX CHL class each one was for $49.00. This was from a school in Stafford TX. However just after "SANDYHOOK" Groupon dropped all and anything related to guns. The school decided to take any new students for the next 30 days at the advertised price (That's how long they were going to run the Groupon). I believe the TX CHL normally goes for $75.00 and $20.00 range fee

No class required here in Idaho. You just go to the sheriffs office and fill out the paper work and get finger printed, pay $58.00 dollars, and in about thirty day you receive a card in the mail to come down to DMV and get your picture taken, and they make the permit while you wait. It looks like a drivers license but says concealed weapons permit on it.

My CCW course cost $30 for 3 hour class earlier this year. You had a choice of class at the range or online. Ya don't get me started on this online class Bull Crap. Several months later attended a defensive pistol class which will also fulfill CCW requirements for $60, it included much more range time. CCW application fee is $60

$100 for the class, that included:

The instruction
Use of a pistol
Ammo
Range time
and they took us to the Dept of Agriculture to do the paperwork.

No classroom or range tests required here. No fingerprinting or separate charge for background check required either. My first permission slip in Alabama was in '92 in a county about 40 miles South of here, and that Sheriff only charged $10 bucks per year for it, whereas the county I now reside in charges $15 bucks. Normally all applications are processed as soon as you pay, but my first application took about a week because I hadn't received my permanent driver's license yet having just moved there from out of state. Got the permission slip within a couple of minutes after getting my DL in the mail a week or so after my application, and showing it to the Sheriff. It has never taken more than 10 or 15 minutes to complete since then, and if it takes that long, it's only because there were one or two people ahead of me in line. Otherwise, it takes three to four minutes max.

Regardless of state-mandated training requirements being non-existent here, both my wife and I have invested somewhere in the neighborhood of $20K in training at ShootRite Firearms Academy in Langston, AL over a period of seven or eight years, as well as a handful of fairly inexpensive refresher courses between then and now. We could not do the academy courses now due to limitations on our bodies brought on by age and some significant health issues, as well as not being able to afford that level of expense anymore, but I highly recommend to all who are new (or even old hands) to carrying weapons in your daily lives to seek training well beyond the *minimum* competencies your states mandate you achieve. Whatever you can afford and/or physically accomplish in the areas of training, you should do, and like my wife and I, you should do that even if your state mandates nothing in the way of training.

Blues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back