How Much Ammo to Raise Unwarranted Suspicion

Actually, you don't need any ammo to be under suspicion. Just register a hand gun.

I bet I am under suspicion for the following reasons:

1. I am on this forum
2. The NRA calls and emails me
3. I am a chemical engineer working in a chemical plant.
4. I voted against Obama both times
5. I listen to a Sirius station called Patriot
6. I like conservative groups on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Chances are you/we/I are on Video making every purchase. To not be is very rare.
I only have a few thousand rounds in total. Most of us would not even consider that much ammo.
I have raised some eyebrows at work however during firearm discussions that went into ammo discussions.
Link Removed

Actually, you don't need any ammo to be under suspicion. Just register a hand gun.

You live where you have to register handguns?

None of mine are registered. All that I didn't inherit were purchased legally, yet a couple private sales (face to face purchases) and no government paperwork involved, specifically no 4473.

I see that I can buy ammo in bulk for 1,000 bullets at a time. This is the way I would go to have a long practice time before needing to reload. I also want to maintain a certain level of inventory, which is yet to be determined.

If I bought ammo in bulk by the 1,000 for three or four different calibers, I am wondering if I would become suspicious even though I am stocking for the following reasons:

1. Better pricing in bulk
2. I believe in practicing with each weapon I might need to use for protection.
3. Assuming one has to be home to receive it, it minimizes the days I would need to take off from work.
4. I do not want to be under stocked if we ever find ourselves in a revolutionary war.
5. I would expect ammo to rise in price, so I would buy tomorrow's ammo at today's price.

I am just wondering how much is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

You own a registered firearm--guess what?--you are already "on the list". The idea that you have to "worry" about what you do and what you purchase is the beginning of the tyranny that this moslem godking is bringing to all of us.

Just pay cash for the ammo and nobody knows unless you live in a state that requires some sort of background check or a permission slip to buy ammo.

Yep. All of us on this forum are on some federal list somewhere. Personally, I think that puts me in good company.

I agree with you sir, especially about being in good company. A great group of people on these forums.

My wife has told me for years that the government has an invisible "X" on our house and if hostilities break out I will be one of the first ones taken.

You live where you have to register handguns?

None of mine are registered. All that I didn't inherit were purchased legally, yet a couple private sales (face to face purchases) and no government paperwork involved, specifically no 4473.

What the hell are you babbling about?

My post said nothing about how many handguns I have, how many are registered, or whether they "have to be registered" or not. Jeese man, WTFF?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back