How many people sleep with their guns?

Several people here appear to be savvy that burglars are very savvy.
That's why we have a gun safe. We don't leave guns out when we're not home.

Few people here are savvy enough to note that you might need to defend yourself against your significant other or that she/he could take your gun to shoot you if she/he wants to.
He or she wouldn't have to take your gun in order to shoot you. He or she can get his or her own gun.

Insurance money and infidelity are the two main reasons for spouses shooting the other.

Having a date spend the night is even more hazardous because you have no idea if this lady is a black widow or not. A black widow is a serial killer of men. She usually kills for insurance. So after she marries you is when you are most at risk.

Anyway, like I said, as duly quoted, 24/7/365.
What is this fixation of your's with wives shooting husbands?

There is just too much crime on this Earth and God is not doing anything about it.

This suggests that God is a Deist God (as we surmise in Philosophy) and not a Theist God (like they tell you in Catholic, Protestant, or Eastern Orthodox Bible school).
I'll be good and not hijack this thread.

That's why we have a gun safe. We don't leave guns out when we're not home.

He or she wouldn't have to take your gun in order to shoot you. He or she can get his or her own gun.

What is this fixation of your's with wives shooting husbands?

I'll be good and not hijack this thread.

Gun safes are excellent for storing guns and valuables. Mine has passed the test of burglary when my home was broken into while I was away and the burglar(s) turned over the place, taking my fraternity ring from the dresser (which I had forgotten to put into the gun safe with the other valuables) and taking my compound bow (which would not fit into the gun safe). Everything inside the safe was safe. He/they tried to pry it open but could not. It is as strong and heavy as an engine block.

At night I also lock my gun safe to protect my guns while I am asleep, so that no burglars can get at them.

My trusty 45ACP sleeps under my pillow with me where a burglar cannot get to it.

Most burglars don't have guns of their own, although some do.

Leaving a gun out while you are asleep is tantamount to giving them your gun.

If you can hear the burglar that is called an ordinary burglar.

If you cannot hear the burglar that is called a cat burglar.

My cat sleeps next to me and wakes me whenever there is a sound anywhere, inside or outside.

He caught a rat once at night that had camped out in the hallway closet. He is a great watch-cat.

The problem with the nightstand thing is that (1) burglars are savvy that this is where 99.9999% of all guns are kept and (2) your wife surely knows it too.

Unless it is under your pillow it is not really yours. It actually belongs to the burglar and your wife.

Do I dare ask what happens to the firearm when you take a shower?

Do I dare ask what happens to the firearm when you take a shower?

It goes into the bathroom with me, and I lock and barricade the door. Thought of that too.

If someone is watching you and they want to get at you, they would choose the most opportune moment. That would be one of them.

Sleeping, bathing, showering, pooping -- these are all moments of vulnerability.

Just the ones who can't find women.

Not true. One of my dates named Laura actually carried a 380 mouse gun in her purse.

Her mom and dad gave it to her before she left for college.

Ironically she never learned how to shoot it. A minor oversight on her part.

2 9mms -- one on each side of the bed. My wife and I use those bedside holsters that tuck under the mattress for support (e.g., Blackhawk, DeSantis, etc.)
[ Link Removed ]

You can also buy the ones that hold a tactical flashlight in addition to your gun.
[ BEDSIDE MATTERS - available from DeSantis Holster ]

Note: We don't have children or grandchildren.
That's where my idea came from to make mine.
b05f37547772baa14a3b2440deb77d34.jpg

There are loaded firearms in nearly every room of my house... My daily carry gun sleeps on the nightstand. Our dogs would get you before I would.....

There are loaded firearms in nearly every room of my house... My daily carry gun sleeps on the nightstand. Our dogs would get you before I would.....

Well, a bit off topic. Your nightstand pretty much answers the O/P's question.

I am tempted to answer the issue of the James Bond 007 spreading of guns everywhere, but I will resist.

I am tempted to answer the issue of the James Bond 007 spreading of guns everywhere, but I will resist.

I won't. You are far more more likely to lose your unsecured weapons to a burglar than use them to defend your home. If it's that much of a concern carry one on your person at home

I won't. You are far more more likely to lose your unsecured weapons to a burglar than use them to defend your home. If it's that much of a concern carry one on your person at home
Or move to an undisclosed safe location.

Ok then, I will agree with Mr. Eidolon.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back