How heavy is your EDC?

jethrodull

What does your EDC gun weigh loaded on your belt? How much would you consider is too much?
J

I don't have a scale to measure my fully loaded gun weight, but me being 6 ft 2inch I have been carrying a para gun rights pistol 14 round .45 with no issues, in a black hawk serpa holster. Paddle attachment of course. (distributes weight better). Might be a little over sized but I love it. Answer to your question: whatever works for you in your state.
When I do have to deep conceal I just switch to my 3 inch barrel 1911 slim hawg, (6+1 rounds, also para) in a smart carry holster. 24 ounces excluding the 7 rounds. Hope I helped

I work in dress clothes daily I believe it is more about your lifestyle than the weight. I carry smith and wesson j frame 38+p fits in the pocket nicely and sometimes on days off I will shoulder harness my Glock 34.

The REAL answer is that my firearm weighs twice as much as I want it to and would like it to weigh half as much as it does. W
ouldn't mind if it were half as big with a grip that fits my hand.

Have to agree with Tucker's mom on this one. Comfort is the issue not weight. A good holster will help with weight distribution. I use a crossbreed super tuck.

heck I don't know. Whatever a combat commander weights with a 8 round Wilson combatvmag and one up the pipe,
And 2 extra Wilson mags on my off side.

I carry a Ruger Super Redhawk with 7.5" barrel, and 2 speed loaders, it is heavy, but it is the only exercise I get carrying it around. Covering it up is easy in the winter, with big, heavy jackets, in the warm weather I wear a moo moo to conceal it.

45 onz. As they have said, it is how you carry it more then the weight, I use a Tucker Answer with a Good belt.

Around 27oz fully loaded and what ever a spare mag weighs. Sometimes carry a bug instead of the spare mag. Bug weighs around a pound or so.
Good holster goes along way to making a gun comfy.

Winter 1911 TTT is 41.6 in galco kingtuk. Summer Super Carry Pro HD 35 w/ kingtuk. Empty weights.

Love em both, feels good to have that little extra weight on your side. Only problem I have is it stretching all my belts.

Probably should have put I'm 6'4 175 and usually carry with a tshirt and shorts

30 oz plus the holster so around a couple pounds. Good suspenders and the right holster and belt, my pants no longer droop and I hardly notice the gun any more. Keep working at it you will come up with the right combination for you.

Tucker's Mom is right on the money. I carried a full size 3rd generation Smith in .40 cal (4006) for years an it was like lugging a trunk around. My pants always drooped (my physique doesn't help), an I was always self-conscious. I tried every holster possible too and nothing worked. I would often go to a snubby .38 or 380 and decrease firepower for comfort.

Now, I went I a Glock 36 which is about a pound lighter and it is perfect. No droopy pants, no constant readjusting and no loss of firepower.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back