How Do YOU Carry?

IWB with Galco holster. Sometimes I carry in my center console or between the console and my seat.

Warthog goes in a SuperTuck or a SmartCarry, almost always. If it's cold enough for a jacket, It may get moved to the 5.11's liner holster.

P3AT gets belt clipped for appendix carry, or a Nemesis pocket holster.

How do you carry?

I carry my SA XD-45 in a Blackhawk (Uncle Mike's) Kydex holster in the FBI position (just aft of centerline on strong side hip.) I have two magazines in the SA Kydex magazine holder, and if I feel I need more than that, I have my Firestar M-45 in a shoulder rig with one spare mag.

Depends on what you're wearing. If you have a pair of dark-colored shorts with zip pockets, a pocket holster will work fine with a very small pistol like a Kel-Tec or NAA. Just put the gun in some reliable plastic to keep the water out. This works well in the pool.

This cracked me up, but I get the feeling you are very serious!?

I have no pockets. Where would I HIDE it in MY bathing suit?

Ummm... gotta keep it G-rated! No, I don't wear a bikini! lol

Sigh...

this has GOT to be one of the most asked questions on here and our sister sites. Along with what is the best concealed carry weapon?

Anyway, I carried SOB at around the 5:00 position. Since my main carry weapon was a mid-sized CZ-40 (4.2" bbl.) the barrel overhung my spine/tailbone I may have to give that a bit more consideration as I am aging and have to admit that I have taken a few full falls in the last year or two. Something to consider....

I carry my LCP in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster. Works great. I use an SOB holster for my SP101. It's comfortable and seems to settle in well in the seat without being uncomfortable if I leave it on in the car. In the car, I usually carry the SP101 in a car seat holster, so the gun is between my knees.

For me, since day one, OWB on my right hip. I don't deviate, because as SGT.SIG said muscle memory is what you are going to rely on during a fight. Train how to fight by how you INTEND to fight. Switching positions will only confuse you."now where did I put that thing?...oh yeah....no wait... red shirt, brown vest= shoulder holster".
I follow KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid, decide how you feel most comfortable carrying, and dress appropriately, even if that means some discomfort in your attire. Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch once said "A firearm is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.":pleasantry:

My wife and I laugh about this all the time since she says my hlosters are like purses. match the outfit and the occasoin. I carry a Kahr PM9 I have a fobus for OWB in winter going out and not planning on taking my coat off. (usually wear a fleece vest in case I do) A Smart carry sometimes, but most of the time a Milt Sparks VM11. with tuck clips or with the regualr loops. That is the most comfortable holster I have ever owned. With my PM9 it is very concealable and rides very well no matter what I am doing. They are a long wait and many guys say the super tuck are just as good, but I really like my Sparks VM11.

I usually just carry a small frame 9 mm or 38 special in the right front pocket (in loose-fitting pants). I am starting to research some other ways to carry because the bulge is obvious. A lot of people look but never comment. Carrying is probably more common here than many places.

I just bought a leather vest with an inside pocket on either side. has a piece of elastic inside the pocket the barrel slides through so it's always butt first and can't move around inside the pocket. I can put a 1911 on one side and a S&W .40 on the other without any buldge. also have a chain that snaps on the vest snaps to keep it from blowing open or moving around, yet the pistols are within a microseconds reach. the pocket can be left open or snapped closed.even open you cant see the pistols. keeping both pockets loaded wont interfere with the use of the outside pockets either.

Stoeger .40 goes in a Crossbreed Supertuck at the 5:00 position. Ruger LCP in a pocket holster right front. When driving, I keep a nylon paddle holster tucked between my seat and the rest of the bench below my right knee, easier to get the pistol from there on a long drive. If getting in and out a lot, I just leave it in the Supertuck.

I carry a Kimber ultra carry in a IWB 99%. I have found it is the most comfortible for me. I can carry concealed or open with the virginia tuck. I will agree with toreskha, I carry a kel-tec with pocket holster when ever I go out on my boat in my swim suit. It also has been swimming and still works fine every time I have used it.

Depending on the season I carry either IWB or OWB at about the 3:30 to 4:00 postion. Used to carry SOB until I read all the bad reports concerning injury.

I carry a KEL TEC 9mm P11 in the front pocket of my jeans, gave up on trying to find the perfect holster.
Debray

I wear a gun belt. 10 O'clock X-draw, S-A 1911-A1 .45acp. Bianchi UM-84 with the flap removed and a thumb break stap added. Nylon 2.25" belt w/E-buckle. I open carry all the time... 'cept when it rains. Then it's just an open 'bucket' at the same position. I have a Bianchi clamshell shoulder holster... but I don't like all the straps 'n stuff. Around the house.. it's just the 'bucket', with a Mak 9x18mm. I can see Mexico from my veranda... so I'm always armed with somethin'.

A little of this and a little of that.

Mostly OWB in a holster from Side Guard Holsters.

Some IWB, currently in a Kholster but Ill have a Side Guard for IWB coming soon as well as a Supertuck I think.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back