Houston Jewelry Store Smash and Grab

mistergus75

The Galleria is THE upscale mall here in Houston. If the rich and famous are going to the mall, it's to the Galleria they go.

Last month, three punks storm in a jewelry store with customers still inside. They smash a display case, and race off with several hundred thousand dollars worth of loot.

Link Removed

Two thoughts come to my mind...

First, with these kind of brazen criminals running around, I wouldn't dare going anywhere in Houston without carrying.

Second, it would have taken some self-control, judgement, and wisdom for a concealed carrier to resist the temptation to draw.

A good reminder of the need to develop a proper mindset.

The Galleria is THE upscale mall here in Houston. If the rich and famous are going to the mall, it's to the Galleria they go.

Last month, three punks storm in a jewelry store with customers still inside. They smash a display case, and race off with several hundred thousand dollars worth of loot.

Link Removed

Two thoughts come to my mind...

First, with these kind of brazen criminals running around, I wouldn't dare going anywhere in Houston without carrying.

Second, it would have taken some self-control, judgement, and wisdom for a concealed carrier to resist the temptation to draw.

A good reminder of the need to develop a proper mindset.

If the hoodlums didn't violently threaten or physically harm anyone during the process, then there's no need to be a 'hero' in this situation i.m.o. However, If that was 'my' wife and kid standing next to that thug who was violently swinging that pipe/hammer (deadly weapon) I would have been 'very hard pressed' not to draw down on him and shout "FREEZE MOTHER F***ER!" at the top of my lungs.
Because for the 'initial shock' in that moment, it looked to me like the woman and her child where in immediate physical danger. With that said, I hope that these punks get what's coming to them, namely, a very long prison sentence.

No one's life was in immediate danger. No lives were threatened.

No weapons were used to further this.

Let the cops chase them!

They were caught on video, They will eventually get picked up.

-Doc

I worked several cases involving Service Merchandise like this.

If the crooks were smart, they would have hit the glass from the front side of the showcase and swept the product into a bag with their arm...That was the way that crew did it and hardly left any merchandise behind...

Service got smart and used to dye packs on their diamond display racks. When you separated the top of the tray, it turned on a radio receiver mounted in the display.

When it exited the front door, it received the signal to activate the teargas/ dye pack and 10 seconds later it would shoot out dye and teargas at 600 degrees....

We found several cars abandoned at the end of the parking lots...Sometime they would even leave the jewelry.

They started hitting gold and watched and leaving the diamonds alone...

Just makes you wonder. It seems we are seeing this crap happen more and more often. Even if you are walking through the mall there is a significant chance you will get ran into or over as these clowns run out.

Always be prepared.

It doesn't happen with just shopping malls or gallerias. This kind of incident also happens in homes where the garage faces the street. It is not called smash and grab but grab and run. Just a different phrase. If you have the habit of leaving your garage door wide open, there is a crowd that runs this kind of activity wherein a guy will just enter your garage and grab anything they can and run or drive off.

Quite a while back, perhaps over a year ago, there was this guy (sometimes it is a different face) going around our street checking out (casing) houses here...These guys pretend to sell something. Or just walking our street. Someone from our neighbourhood reported to the police his tools stolen where minutes ago he was using. Happens in daylight hours. Friendly police check out our street for days, caught the guys. We never see them again. Anyway, almost all of us here are armed, apart from two jerks down the road from us.

I fully understand not wanting to get involved, however, if you don't want to live in a trashy neighborhood, everybody needs to help pick up the trash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back