Holsters, OWB concealable.

Sooner

I dislike IWB carry and would like to find an OWB, snap on or clip on that is concealable under and untucked shirt. Any one have anything you can recommend.

I dislike IWB carry and would like to find an OWB, snap on or clip on that is concealable under and untucked shirt. Any one have anything you can recommend.

What gun type/size?
Does it have to be clip or snap on?
Could it be a belt loop style leather?
Are you really strongly against IWB?
Have you tried a holster like the CrossBreed SuperTuck? Or a custom rig like the Max-Con V by Brommeland gunleather? High Performance Concealment Systems for the Professional

I have a Blackhawk SERPA CQC paddle holster and I find it to be like a tumor hanging off my side so it's winter carry under a coat for the most part.

I have 3 DeSantis leather holsters that I like way better for OWB carry. They are not clip-on nor snap style however. I also have the SuperTuck and like it for IWB. I have a Brommeland Max-Con V on order for my Colt Officer's 1911 as well as a mag pouch for my M&P45..

Just some things to look at and consider. Good luck in the search.

Peace...

I use a Safariland paddle holster. It is very comfortable, rides well & is quick & easy to take on & off.

Link Removed

Have you looked at a Crossbread?

Have one. After one day breakin, it is the most comfortable thing - feels like a heavy wallet. Almost like an OWB.

Like the poster stated above, I find a paddle holster to be like a tumor hanging off my side. You should try a Galco Concealable. I use them for a Colt Officers and a Kimber CDP Ultra.

For OWB, check out Mernickle Custom Holsters at MERNICKLE HOLSTERS. I have one for a full size 1911 & it sits fairly high & very close to the body. I also have one for my Kahr CW9. Bob Mernickle advertises in the back of several gun magazines and his holsters have been featured in lots of reviews.

SuperTuck w/ both M&P45 and 40c

Link Removed

Link Removed

DeSantis Belt slide w/ thumb break.

Link Removed

Peace...

I carry mostly a Glock 30 but also carry a Glock 22. IWB I use a Crossbreed Supertuck as my main carry holster. OWB I use a Galco Combat Master. Both methods work well and very comfortable.

I'm have larger calibre body (5'11" x 268). Living in a warm to hot climate is my challenge carrying. Summertime I revert to a fanny pack with shorts and a t-shirt.

SuperTuck w/ both M&P45 and 40c

Link Removed

Link Removed

DeSantis Belt slide w/ thumb break.

Link Removed

Peace...

How do you like the crossbreed supertuck? Is it comfy for all day wear? I'm not crazy about IWB whatsoever and prefer OWB. However, I'd love to hear how you like it. Being that I value your opinion and all! By the way, is that a Colt Officer's ACP in bottom photo?

For OWB, check out Mernickle Custom Holsters at MERNICKLE HOLSTERS. I have one for a full size 1911 & it sits fairly high & very close to the body. I also have one for my Kahr CW9. Bob Mernickle advertises in the back of several gun magazines and his holsters have been featured in lots of reviews.

I'm a Mernickle fan. Use a "slide" (belt loop) holster for the full size .45 XD. Rides "high and tight". Another thing I like is nobody recognizes the holster; most often think it's a cell phone holder or something (I usually put my XD in my desk drawer when I'm at my desk for an extended time). The only thing you must remember to do is to check the adjustments screws periodically. I make it a habit every morning to check 'em.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back