Here how you keep Gun crimes down

come on, could you really see our government giving away service rifles to the guys when they get out of the service?

Psyk00diver:248344 said:
come on, could you really see our government giving away service rifles to the guys when they get out of the service?

No, but our government doesn't really care about us.

Just an example of how it could work. Not so much the free guns but ppl living with them. Why not?? Some PPL say owning guns creates crime??

Just an example of how it could work. Not so much the free guns but ppl living with them. Why not?? Some PPL say owning guns creates crime??
Owning guns creating crime is what people like the Brady Bunch want you to believe. In their warped mind there would be zero crime if people had no access to guns. Some how it is the guns fault. I don't know why we have prisons full of people if the gun is guilty of the crime. We must be locking up innocent people. The prisons should be filled with guns not people.

Yes that is what the founding fathers wanted us to do! But the country has gone so astray from what they wanted, that it is not even funny! What did people think they would get electing a president person from the right to carry denied state? I totally agree with what Switzerland is doing, but it will never happen here. The brady bunch has made sure of that.

I have said it before and will say it again, " If Brady was stabbed in the head with a knife, we all would be picking up steak with our hands and bitting into it tearing off chunks to chew!", and I believe that whole heartedly!

Last edited:
I've never met a gun I didn't like. Can't say the same for some people.

As for the Gov't give away, heck they give away food stamps, might as well give me an M1 or M1A. An armed society is a polite society.

Alaska - one of the most gun friendly states is also the state with the highest violent crime rate.

This report is NOT actually true. I have a very nice Swiss lady cut my hair. The rifles are actually kept AT THE RANGE LOCKED UP. Not in there homes...not what I would want.

This report is NOT actually true. I have a very nice Swiss lady cut my hair. The rifles are actually kept AT THE RANGE LOCKED UP. Not in there homes...not what I would want.
Dunno if it's true or not. You can Google and everything says they keep them at home. They tried to pass a law not to. Maybe they keep theres is a range? Dunno. I don't belive what anyone tells me. unno if everthing in Goole is right or wrong either. It was just interesting.

Alaska - one of the most gun friendly states is also the state with the highest violent crime rate.

FIREARMS MURDERS
Alaska

19 firearms murders in 2010
46% change since 2009

Handguns murders 3
Firearms, % of all murders 61.29%
Per 100,000 population 2.68

Firearms crimes, rate per 100,000 pop:
Robberies 21.58
Aggravated assaults 76.6

Source: FBI Uniform Crime Report, 2010, Population figures from the US Census bureau

FIREARMS MURDERS
Alaska

46% change since 2009

Handguns murders 3

Robberies 21.58
Aggravated assaults 76.6

Source: FBI Uniform Crime Report, 2010, Population figures from the US Census bureau

Alaska also has the highest rate of sexually transmitted disease of any other State so it is not as unfriendly a State as you portray. What is your point?

Alaska also has the highest rate of sexually transmitted disease of any other State so it is not as unfriendly a State as you portray. What is your point?
Who said it was unfrienly? Poster said it ha a high crime rate?Not with guns that i can tell

Yep Guns create crimes like condoms create pregnancy!

Based on the above we need to keep the guns and send condoms to Alaska!

Alaska has the the nations highest violent crime rate.

The point is that neither strict nor lax gun laws lead to lower violent crime rates.

Both "more guns = less crime" and "more guns = more crime" arguments are bogus. Both are false.

We do no service to the advancement of gun owners' rights by propounding arguments so easily dismissed.

It's like listening to two people argue over whether the sun goes around the earth counter clockwise or clockwise.

Hey mappow, I like you saying about guns and people. And I like your rationale for getting an M1.
Somewhere recently, maybe in a gun magazine, I read that a lot of the M1's were sold off as scrap iron. It might have been the 1911's also. But whichever, I'd like to find out who gave the order. They destroyed a lot of taxpayer paid-for material. That's illegal. It wasn't the property of the Govt. It is owned by the Citizens of the United Sates of America, because WE paid for it with our taxes. The Govt doesn't own anything, and I wish our Govt agencies would quit painting "Property of the US GOVT" on things. "Property of the U.S. Taxpayer" is the correct wording.

I agree with you 100%. If a State had no murders by gun, then passed a law for open carry the next year, and there was ONE gun murder, opponents of guns wold say it's due to gun laws. Even when crime rates fall, we can't hang our hats on those statistics. There are too many other factors that go into crime rate levels from one state to another.

In fact, we gun owners are some times our own worst enemies. We try to come up with a million different stats, sayings, and reasons for wanting to own, shoot, and carry a gun. We just need to stick to the message that it is our Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms...PERIOD. All this other hoopla just gets the debate going off on a tangent, and then you start arguing about whether or not the statistics are right or wrong. The stats ARE A WHOLE NEW ARGUMENT. Let's stay on the one we are concerned about...the right to own(keep) and carry(bear) arms(guns). DON'T LET YOURSELF GET DISTRACTED!

FIREARMS MURDERS
Alaska

46% change since 2009

Handguns murders 3

Robberies 21.58
Aggravated assaults 76.6

Hell, the rate is higher in Newburgh, NY., a four-square-mile city.

If we did what Switzerland does, I do agree crime would go down. Another way crime can actually be reduced is to have harsher punishments for criminals. If the death penalty was to be on the table for crimes other (rape, child molestation) than just 1st degree murder and felony murder, criminals might think twice about what they wanted to do. Studies have shown that criminals don't care about the crime or in some cases even getting caught, but they care about the punishments.

criminals might think twice about what they wanted to do. Studies have shown that criminals don't care about the crime or in some cases even getting caught, but they care about the punishments.

Unfortunately that is not true. People who commit crimes, particularly violent crime, don't make assessments of risks and rewards. That is why every culture that has tried to control crime with punishment has failed to achieve the objective.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back