HELP needed in finding data to combat anti-gun argument

gunBlocker

I'm trying to find a study that was done to show that those that carry concealed do NOT have their guns wrestled from them and then the gun used in crime.
That the guns are stolen or used by unauthorized persons but that those of us that the guns what we carry are NOT the ones used by criminals.

I really need your help with this.
Please let me know as soon as possible if you know of any reports or studies that show this.
Thanks

Rich

I doubt that such data is collected anywhere. All you are likely to find are reports where such has happened, but I'll bet you find very few such stories.

Really, what does it matter? The anti's don't respond well to facts - truth makes their heads explode.

Put the onus on them to show where it is a problem

ETA: Oh wow, did I just use the RWDIM statement? Shame on me.

1st post, gunBlocker username, and a request for information freely available on the internet, if such statistics exist. Call me cynical.

Do your own research on the internet. We don't have that information on this forum.

I'm trying to find a study that was done to show that those that carry concealed do NOT have their guns wrestled from them and then the gun used in crime.

So you are looking for data of something that doesn't happen? Sorry, but there is simply no way to do that. Something that doesn't happen won't appear in any statistic. That is also the argument you should use. Whoever is arguing that guns are stolen from persons that carry concealed or openly should provide the proof that this is actually happening and not making stuff up.

That the guns are stolen or used by unauthorized persons but that those of us that the guns what we carry are NOT the ones used by criminals.

Guns are stolen from people who carry, just not while they are carrying. They are stolen during burglaries. This is from http://jpfo.org/pdf03/gun-facts-6-2-screen.pdf at Gun Facts - Debunking Gun Control Myths:

Fact: The majority of handguns in the possession of criminals are stolen, and not necessarily by the criminals in question. In fact, over 100,000 firearms are stolen in burglaries every year, and most of them likely enter the criminal market (i.e., are sold or traded to criminals).

Fact: More than 70% of armed career criminals get their guns from "off-the-street sales" and "criminal acts" such as burglaries, and 71% of these firearms are stolen. Tracing these firearms will not lead to the criminals, as the trail stops at the last legal owner.

For more facts, see: also Facts about Guns | The Truth About Guns

Is this for a class? When I am doing research and need official data, I often start with local government officials and move my way out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using USA Carry mobile app

Please let me know as soon as possible if you know of any reports or studies that show this.
Thanks

Rich

Simple answer: Does your opponent have any data to show that it DOES happen? If there were data they would be of that nature.

Simple answer: Does your opponent have any data to show that it DOES happen? If there were data they would be of that nature.
I think the poster is looking to bolster an anti-gun argument. The key is the user name gunBlocker.

I doubt that any such studies exist. But I'll wager a guess that where this tripe comes from is from the reality that for LEOs, having a perp gain control of the officer's side arm is a real threat. And it does result in unauthorized/criminal misuse of police weaponry.

The best overall analysis of the effects of CCW can probably be found in John Lott's book, "More Guns, Less Crime". Lott does look in detail at violent crime statistics in relation to CCW issuance, and not just by state, but by smaller governmental units (IIRC, metro and county).

Thanks

Rich

You're probably wasting your time but a great source of info is Gun Facts - Debunking Gun Control Myths.

Most anti-gunners are low information people that won't bother to seek out information on both sides of this or any other issue.

Thanks

Rich

While you're at it...find some open carriers who get their firearms wrestled away from them....it seems no one else can find them.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Thanks

Rich

here is a source, you can do the digging
Gun Facts - Debunking Gun Control Myths

What you are asking for is a classic debate tactic. The person knows the information is not readily available. It is made only to make you look foolish. Flip it around ask them to show you the information to prove their point

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. --Mark Twain

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back