Happy Father's Day -- June 20, 2010

I dedicate this to all of the wonderful USACarry Dads. May your Father's Day be as special as you are!

WHAT MAKES A DAD?
-- Author unknown --

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
And the calm of a quiet sea.

He took the generous soul of nature,
The comforting arms of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
And the power of an eagle’s flight.

He added the joy of a sunny morning,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
And the depth of a family’s need.

Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add.
His masterpiece was complete,
And He lovingly named him … DAD.​

Thank you, being a father is a blessing. I have 2 wonderful sons now in their 20's, both good men with pistol permits and good morals. I lost my father today 87 years old, part of the greatest generation. He served in the USN during WW2 and Korea. Dad always taught us to never take any crap, not from neighbors, not from the government. He fought for this country, believed in the American dream and worked for it every day, all day, he couldn't stop. I know what I will do if the SHTF. It won't be lining up for soup. RIP Dad, thank you, Love Bill

Thank you, being a father is a blessing. I have 2 wonderful sons now in their 20's, both good men with pistol permits and good morals. I lost my father today 87 years old, part of the greatest generation. He served in the USN during WW2 and Korea. Dad always taught us to never take any crap, not from neighbors, not from the government. He fought for this country, believed in the American dream and worked for it every day, all day, he couldn't stop. I know what I will do if the SHTF. It won't be lining up for soup. RIP Dad, thank you, Love Bill

Sorry to here about your father. Mine passed away in 1972 just about one year before his retirement. I will be looking forward to seeing mine again one day. I will be spending time this fathers day with my two children.

I dedicate this to all of the wonderful USACarry Dads. May your Father's Day be as special as you are!

WHAT MAKES A DAD?
-- Author unknown --

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
And the calm of a quiet sea.

He took the generous soul of nature,
The comforting arms of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
And the power of an eagle’s flight.

He added the joy of a sunny morning,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
And the depth of a family’s need.

Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add.
His masterpiece was complete,
And He lovingly named him … DAD.​

Thanks Mom for the wonderful thread.

I'm very sorry to hear that, TGW. I lost my Dad about 4 years ago and still miss him greatly. My thoughts are with you, today. BTW, the lessons taught by your Dad and mine were quite similar and I, also, have 2 outstanding sons in their 20's.

Regards,
JJF

My sincerest condolences, twogun. Sounds like your Dad was a very special guy, a true American hero and a wonderful example for you to emulate. Cherish your memories! He taught you well so he lives on in you, My Friend.

May God hold you in the palm of His hand throughout this time of grief.

Thank you folks for the kind words. He suffered enough in his final days and we all take comfort his suffering is over. We are grateful for the care he received in the VA hospital, simply outstanding, without them he probably would not have been able to come home to be with us at the end. When he is laid to rest in the veterans cemetery on fathers day he will be among many of his long lost friends and colleges that in it self is comforting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back