Good Full Sized Carry Handbag/Purse ?

Hamilton Felix

I bought Kathleen a purse on sale at Sportsman's Guide, made by Gun Totin' Mamas. The price was right, but we find she needs a bit more room. She says she had to move her wallet to draw her gun.

We're talking about a 4" inch Model 66, the same one she carried on duty, some years ago.

I looked at Mernickle holsters, saw they're just reselling the Gun Totin' Mamas bags.

Can anyone here recommend an affordable bag that will allow easy access to a four inch medium frame revolver, and still have room for a couple of speedloaders, folding knife, fat wallet and the usual purse clutter?

I've heard that Gloria LeMasters is getting back into the business. But a rather punitive divorce decree leaves me with less spending money than the last time I patronized GML Products.

Kathleen usually prefers black, and she'll take function and durability over fancy appearance.

Thanks in advance.

I purchased a conceal carry purse that I absolutely love. It has a lockable zippered compartment on the side that allows for concealed carry of a holster and my handgun. When the main compartments of the purse are exposed to public view, no weapon can be seen. It is very roomy and easily holds all of my essentials.

Information on affordable conceal carry purses, like the one I purchased, can be found at this URL:
Leather Feminine Protection Gun Purse and Conceal Carry Gun Handbag

I bought that same Gun Toten Momas purse and have been using it for about a week now. I don't seem to have any trouble getting my gun out or having room for my wallet, etc. I guess the difference is my purse gun is a compact 9mm and my wallet is a slim hard sided one.
I don't know of any bigger ones. I have seen some at gun shows and gun shops, but I don't know what brand they were. Personally I hate the idea of a carry purse, but since I am not allowed to carry at work, my gun goes in the purse. (I know, I'm bad):sarcastic:

I ONLY purchase conceal carry purses that have a strap long enough to carry cross body. That greatly reduces the threat of someone "snatching" my purse with the loaded gun inside.

I could not even get away with thinking about that with all the ladies here...... Ask the 2A Posse, They met them! :fie:

Hey, Conservative Wife & Mom, those bags look pretty affordable. Thanks.

Say, wolfhunter, we'll look at the Maxpedition stuff, too. We've also been working on a bugout bag for her car.

I know the Wilderness SafePacker is out there, too. If I got her one of those, I'd probably want it, so it could ride on the "belt" of my Kilimanjaro riding jacket. Maybe we'll have to save our pennies for two...

I have found that looking for a good leather bag that I can easily carry in is not so hard if you really look around. My best find was at a small boutique store that had a mid-size shoulder/back pack purse with a compartment for a day planner. Works great for my Mauser or the Colt Detective without having my wallet bumping into the gun. No one is the wiser and it carries in the front of my shoulder. You just have to hunt with your gun in mind.

I used to have a lady that custom made all my CC purses but she got out of the business. I am currently working with another local designer to handle custom orders, will share any developments on that, she's sewing as we speak.
In the interim, I am using the Blackhawk Tactical Handbag. The best price I found was on Amazon.com through Cat5 Commerce. I bought the green but they also have Tan & Black. It's awesome, and I can access my S&W without opening the cover. Plenty of room as I pack as if I won't make it back, even on a grocery run!

Link Removed

I ONLY purchase conceal carry purses that have a strap long enough to carry cross body. That greatly reduces the threat of someone "snatching" my purse with the loaded gun inside.
WOW Wife & Mom, all that and brains too!:yu: I often wondered about purse carry. (for the women, not me:angry:). Since a ladies purse if often a target I wonder about not only your money, your identity but your loaded gun at risk. So I am not convinced that that type of carry is best, though it is convenient and very concealed. Seems the best way to do this is the way you do in with the long strap. Just keep it on the sidewalk side not the street side.

Coronado Leather makes some really good ones for concealed carry. My wife has a couple now and had another one she used for a number of years. They are not normally what I would call cheap but some times they have close outs and sales that make them reasonable.

I'll check these out.

I played with Kathleen's Gun Totin' Mamas purse a bit, flipping her knife, tactical flashlight and other items from vertical to horizontal and back. Seems things in the purse can pull the leather tight, making a draw of the gun difficult.

It occured to me that we aren't limited to "gun purses," if we see a bag we like. It wouldn't be hard to cut the appropriate sized piece of stiff backing, say Kydex or even heavy leather, then attach holster and maybe even speedloader/magazine holders to this "insert." That should provide secure carry in just about any bag.

I purchased a great full-sized purse from Coronado Leather a few years ago and really like it (coronadoleather.com). Galco also carries some, but they are a little pricey for me.

man1.jpg

I want a bag that will match my shoes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back