Good .380 ammo?

^^^^^^^^

Exactly.

I have an LCP and I have shot CoreBon (which they call +P) without any problems. However, the chronograph showed only 20 ft/s difference. Not worth it.
Yeah my dad has a TCP and it's a great quality gun, but I probably wouldn't shoot +P rounds in it. But at the same time, what I would shoot at the range and what I would carry are 2 totally different things. I've often been told that shooting +P rounds in most 1911's isn't recommended....and I don't when I go to the range. But my carry rounds are +P cause I figure the wear and tear on defensive situations is going to be little to non-existent. The only ones I've shot at the range are the magazine full just to make sure they fed.

Yeah my dad has a TCP and it's a great quality gun, but I probably wouldn't shoot +P rounds in it. But at the same time, what I would shoot at the range and what I would carry are 2 totally different things. I've often been told that shooting +P rounds in most 1911's isn't recommended....and I don't when I go to the range. But my carry rounds are +P cause I figure the wear and tear on defensive situations is going to be little to non-existent. The only ones I've shot at the range are the magazine full just to make sure they fed.

Andey,

I get your reasoning for why you shoot at the range what you do, but I might I offer a different point of view.

Do you know that your self-defense ammo cycles properly through your gun that you don't fire through it?

Would it be completely detrimental in a SHTF situation to find out that your gun doesn't like your self-defense rounds that you've never tried firing through it?

When I go to the range, I mainly shoot my FMJ target rounds (for cost reasons) in the same weight bullet as my self defense. But in addition, I'll shoot a mag or two of my self-defense rounds. This way I know exactly how my firearm will react to the ammo that I will keep in it.

Andey,

I get your reasoning for why you shoot at the range what you do, but I might I offer a different point of view.

Do you know that your self-defense ammo cycles properly through your gun that you don't fire through it?

Would it be completely detrimental in a SHTF situation to find out that your gun doesn't like your self-defense rounds that you've never tried firing through it?

When I go to the range, I mainly shoot my FMJ target rounds (for cost reasons) in the same weight bullet as my self defense. But in addition, I'll shoot a mag or two of my self-defense rounds. This way I know exactly how my firearm will react to the ammo that I will keep in it.
Read the last sentence (in bold) of my post you just quoted.

Me too. Besides, would it really make that much of a difference in that short of a barrel?
Hey Telpinaro, do you ever IWB carry? If so, how do you prefer to do it? I'm thinking my fiancé will really like this gun, and if so I wanna get her an IWB holster for it. But she's about 5'3", 105lbs, and she likes to wear somewhat tighter clothes. Also, she doesn't wear a belt much.

Hey Telpinaro, do you ever IWB carry? If so, how do you prefer to do it? I'm thinking my fiancé will really like this gun, and if so I wanna get her an IWB holster for it. But she's about 5'3", 105lbs, and she likes to wear somewhat tighter clothes. Also, she doesn't wear a belt much.

That I do! 99.9% of the time I'm carrying IWB. I'm about her size, too (5'9" & 120), and probably like to dress about the same. The Shield I carry is only a little bigger than the G42. I use an Alien Gear holster most of the time, a 3Speed sometimes, though I find it's a bit too bulky with a small frame. While I love the 3Speed, I wish I had this instead: Link Removed If only I had the extra $80 I'd get it in a heartbeat. She wouldn't need a belt for that.

As for clothes, I wear my normal stuff but add a cover garment. No going up in sizes for pants, either. Denim is stretchy nowadays. Just add a light vest, or some of those yoga cover-ups. What works best is a plain button-up shirt left undone over a tank top. Anything that hangs loose from the shoulders works perfect for carry at 4-5 o'clock. This is the belt I use: Frequent Flyer Belt Normal leather gun belts are too thick and more difficult to conceal than the gun! That one's thin but sturdy... Someone on the forum suggested it back when I was looking.

And definitely look up faliaphotography on youtube... She's almost exactly your fiance's size.

That I do! 99.9% of the time I'm carrying IWB. I'm about her size, too (5'9" & 120), and probably like to dress about the same. The Shield I carry is only a little bigger than the G42. I use an Alien Gear holster most of the time, a 3Speed sometimes, though I find it's a bit too bulky with a small frame. While I love the 3Speed, I wish I had this instead: Link Removed If only I had the extra $80 I'd get it in a heartbeat. She wouldn't need a belt for that.

As for clothes, I wear my normal stuff but add a cover garment. No going up in sizes for pants, either. Denim is stretchy nowadays. Just add a light vest, or some of those yoga cover-ups. What works best is a plain button-up shirt left undone over a tank top. Anything that hangs loose from the shoulders works perfect for carry at 4-5 o'clock. This is the belt I use: Frequent Flyer Belt Normal leather gun belts are too thick and more difficult to conceal than the gun! That one's thin but sturdy... Someone on the forum suggested it back when I was looking.

And definitely look up faliaphotography on youtube... She's almost exactly your fiance's size.

Thanks for the help! I actually had run across that girl's videos today. Maybe when she sees an actual normal girl carrying like that she'll be more into it.

Also, how do you like the alien gear holster compared to something like an old faithful or crossbreed? The reason I ask is because I had an old faithful that was designed similar to how that alien gear looks, where you can adjust the retention. The crossbreed, however, is only raised where the gun is, and doesn't have the excess holster that is raised with the gun part. So basically, I likes the crossbreed better because with the old faithful tabs being raised with the gun part, it made the holster print a lot more in my pants. Didn't know if you noticed anything similar.

Thanks for the help! I actually had run across that girl's videos today. Maybe when she sees an actual normal girl carrying like that she'll be more into it.

Also, how do you like the alien gear holster compared to something like an old faithful or crossbreed? The reason I ask is because I had an old faithful that was designed similar to how that alien gear looks, where you can adjust the retention. The crossbreed, however, is only raised where the gun is, and doesn't have the excess holster that is raised with the gun part. So basically, I likes the crossbreed better because with the old faithful tabs being raised with the gun part, it made the holster print a lot more in my pants. Didn't know if you noticed anything similar.

The Alien Gear conceals beautifully, haven't had any issues with that at all. The way it's cut allows for a proper grip with no trouble as well. I haven't tried the others, but I have seen the Crossbreed in person. I prefer the leather on the Alien Gear; it seemed both thicker and less stiff. Alien Gear does have adjustable retention, and adjustable cant. I find it very comfortable, don't even notice it when driving. Plus if you don't like the metal clips you can get leather loops.

Different things will work on different people... If nothing else, AG has a 30-day money back guarantee. Doesn't hurt to try.

This might help... Lightweight vest type deal. Just pulled it out of the hamper and threw it on, which explains the wrinkles.
Link Removed

Pull it snug, still can't really tell I'm carrying.
Link Removed

And... Alien Gear holster with M&P Shield.
Link Removed

This might help... Lightweight vest type deal. Just pulled it out of the hamper and threw it on, which explains the wrinkles.
Link Removed

Pull it snug, still can't really tell I'm carrying.
Link Removed

And... Alien Gear holster with M&P Shield.
Link Removed
So somewhere between 4 to 5 o clock seems to be the easiest place for girls to conceal from what I'm seeing?

So somewhere between 4 to 5 o clock seems to be the easiest place for girls to conceal from what I'm seeing?

For girls our size, definitely. I can manage appendix with a looser shirt and a smaller holster (TWAW IWB ), but it isn't easy or very comfortable.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

For girls our size, definitely. I can manage appendix with a looser shirt and a smaller holster (TWAW IWB ), but it isn't easy or very comfortable.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app
I don't see how it's possible to appendix carry. I've stuffed a couple guns there before like if I'm carrying a much of stuff in the house and I don't have a holster for the gun with me, but you can forget bending over if you were to drop something or whatever.

I don't see how it's possible to appendix carry. I've stuffed a couple guns there before like if I'm carrying a much of stuff in the house and I don't have a holster for the gun with me, but you can forget bending over if you were to drop something or whatever.

It's possible... Just not fun. At all. What's nice is if you get it inside your hip bones, you can make it more invisible by tightening your belt a notch or two. It's nice to have the option, but it isn't comfortable at all. I mainly insisted on trying it because so many women love appendix carry and how comfortable it is. I'm not sure what they're talking about... lol

Oh, one thing to note... I've found low-rise pants make carry more difficult. Mid-rise works best (what I'm wearing in the picture), because it angles along your back and stays there. With low-rise if you sit down it sticks out.

Oh, one thing to note... I've found low-rise pants make carry more difficult. Mid-rise works best (what I'm wearing in the picture), because it angles along your back and stays there. With low-rise if you sit down it sticks out.
Unfortunately for me, she's into those high-class high-rise pants...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back