God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, the key problem with atheism is that it lacks a strong “selling point.” They have no religion of their own, so the sole purpose of their existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible. Knowing that they will fry, sizzle, and burn for all eternity, their greatest fear & hatred is derived from the fact that they can't prove that the Bible isn't true.

Actually I can and have stated many instances where the bible is in fact WRONG and can prove it. Funny how every FACTUAL point is ignored by you. Of course you can not prove most of the bible is true and what bible wrote at what time would you use to validate it? This is FAITH. This is the thing that has caused the death of so many who accepted science, math, biology and all the other natural studies we today know to be true. When was the last time a group of non believers carried out a genocide? You dismiss ( ignore ) your past. Most every church in America and around the world has a WHITE jesus at the front of it even though we all know he was not white. But you dismiss it. Every church shows him with nails through his palms. We know this is not correct. Yet everybody seems to ignore these things. The bible itself has been altered vastly. You ignore that.

I have no fear nor hatred. I do not need any. I live my life as a good person as can be shown by those around me. Those of faith have fear and hate! They fear death. They fear evil. They fear life. I do not reject a person because they are different. I do not call people names because I disagree with them. I do not tell people if they do not give me money a omnipotent being will be unhappy with them. I have never threatened anyone with a eternity of punishment for not thinking the way I do. I have never caused the death of countless billions over time based on what I think.

I tried to point out something as simple as the book you use and the FACT that the oldest one and the newest one are all but different books. You dismiss it whole cloth. You are unwilling to use your brain to see the truth that lies in front of you. The bible says it is ok to own slaves and beat your wife. Do you agree with that as well?

Actually I can and have stated many instances where the bible is in fact WRONG and can prove it.
The only thing that I will tell you is that if you can PROVE the Bible WRONG, you should contact the media without delay and become rich and extremely famous overnight. I challenge you to do just that because hundreds have tried and failed. YOU will be the FIRST. Go for it!

This is what my Bible says about the way husbands should treat their wives-

Ephesians 5:25-33 (NASB)
[SUP]25 [/SUP]Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
[SUP]26 [/SUP]so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
[SUP]27 [/SUP]that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;
[SUP]29 [/SUP]for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church,
[SUP]30 [/SUP]because we are members of His body.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.
[SUP]32 [/SUP]This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.
[SUP]33 [/SUP]Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

Some people really do make themselves look foolish because of their utter ignorance. :sarcastic:

-

I was baptized Catholic. My experience with the catholic church is one of the reasons I'm a non-believer.
One doesn't get baptized Catholic. Being baptized is an outward expression of an inward faith/change. One gets baptized in the name of the father, Son, and Holy Spirit, not in the name of any religious organization. You can't blame the Catholic Church for your reasons of unbelief, it's up to you to study and learn the truth for yourself.

maine04619 you are a smart guy,no doubt about it, But you are barking up a tree just to hear the noise. Just like the title, the reality is, if the world would last another 1000 years (don't think so) what name will be remembered Jesus or maine04619? His name is exalted above all names. Now I don't always agree but I am thankful to God that we in this country have the right to disagree.

I was baptized Catholic. My experience with the catholic church is one of the reasons I'm a non-believer.

A lot of people have had horrible experiences in the Catholic church. (My church has quite a few.) But, Jesus Christ can heal any hurts the "church" caused you. You can also bet your life that the people that did you and others on this forum wrong will answer to GOD for their sins.

You have several great churches in your area and I would be happy to help you find a TRUE loving & caring church should you ever want me to. (Just send me a PM)

God Bless
Tim

Kerb: I am a member of the Catholic Church and have been so for many, many years. During all that time I have read about how the church would fail in the end times and the role of the last Pope with the Antichrist. During that time, however, the basic tenets of the church for the salvation of one's soul have not changed from those of protestant religions. There are some rites in the church that are absolutely beautiful and are in accordance with God's word and render Him due reverance. Any deviations from God's word have been the result of Satan entering the church (as has been foretold) and men succumbing to his wiles. It is not only happening in the Catholic Church but in many other churches also. If one is seriously studying the Bible, it is evident that these changes will occur and we should be watchful that we don't fall into snares that will rob us of our salvation. I have quit referring to myself as a Catholic and much prefer the title of Christian. I still believe in the basic tenets which apply to us all, regardless of denominational titles and strive everyday to follow Jesus. Like others, I have my failings, but I do rely on Jesus for the forgiveness of my sins and I strive daily to do as He would have me to do. I am anything but a saint but I have put my trust in Him. I read my Bible and study. Others may not believe in the Bible but I am confident in that one day they will. Regardless of one's opinion of any denomination or of the Bible, living your life according to the Bible's teachings will make one a better person and could straighten out this crazy world we live in.

In college years ago, I took a theology class that was taught by a doctoral theologist. He said the bible need not be literally interpreted, but stated to take its lessons and meanings generally, and take from it what you will.

I did, and came-away knowing that religion and science may coexist in my head. I don't attend church much, am non-denominational, and live my life by what I see in front of me. I believe in evolution, yet I don't belittle anyone with contrary views, and certainly won't be belittled because of my views as well.

We believe what we believe. That's everyone's right.

The only thing that I will tell you is that if you can PROVE the Bible WRONG, you should contact the media without delay and become rich and extremely famous overnight. I challenge you to do just that because hundreds have tried and failed. YOU will be the FIRST. Go for it!

Sir I have pointed out many instances right here where it is wrong. As for proving the whole book is wrong as the recent debate shows what book? The original or the one used these days? Find ONE bible that all think is the correct one and let me know what ONE that is.

This is what my Bible says about the way husbands should treat their wives-
Some people really do make themselves look foolish because of their utter ignorance. :sarcastic:-

You asked for it..

1 Peter 2:18 through to 1 Peter 3:1

1 Timothy 2:11

1 Corinthians 14 34

Romans 1:26

If you are going to use a book to back up your point make sure the person your speaking to has never read the same book. So who is ignorant of there OWN book??

maine04619 you are a smart guy,no doubt about it, But you are barking up a tree just to hear the noise. Just like the title, the reality is, if the world would last another 1000 years (don't think so) what name will be remembered Jesus or maine04619? His name is exalted above all names. Now I don't always agree but I am thankful to God that we in this country have the right to disagree.

People will remember Hitler to. Whats the point? As long as my family remembers me then I will be happy.

The bible says to seek other beliveivers and worship togeather so meet with others in a home or church. Treat people you meet with the respect and a smile as you would like to be treated. Do not confuse war with murder. I beleive it is the place of the church and indviduals to take care of a lot of what the Government trys to do, and does a very poor job.

What? Speak English, man....................

tom
God tells us in Jeremiah 29:13, "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." If you are also a true seeker, if you want to know the true God, then He will reveal himself to you too.​

You asked for it..

1 Peter 2:18 through to 1 Peter 3:1

1 Timothy 2:11

1 Corinthians 14 34

Romans 1:26

If you are going to use a book to back up your point make sure the person your speaking to has never read the same book. So who is ignorant of there OWN book??

Satan know the scriptures as well. He also takes them out of context and tries to manipulate others into deception. (Apparently, he's done a good job with you.)

You should have kept reading-

1 Peter 3:7-9 (NASB)
[SUP]7 [/SUP]You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit;
[SUP]9 [/SUP]not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

Colossians 4:1 (NASB)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]Masters, grant to your slaves justice and fairness, knowing that you too have a Master in heaven.

Romans 1:18-22 (NASB)
[SUP]18 [/SUP]For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
[SUP]19 [/SUP]because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Professing to be wise, they became fools,

Your reference to the scriptures just strengthens my case. You can post scripture. But, you really don't have any idea of the context in which the Bible is presenting them. (Or, perhaps you do. But, you are just doing what your master leads you to do.)

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back