God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will remember Hitler to. Whats the point? As long as my family remembers me then I will be happy.
The point is that you won't be happy, because if what you believe is true then you will no longer exist. No longer exist, you know, no consciousness, nada, nothing. If however, what you don't believe to be true, is true, you'll be in HELL and I guarantee that you will not be happy about anything, FOREVER.

Satan know the scriptures as well. He also takes them out of context and tries to manipulate others into deception. (Apparently, he's done a good job with you.)

Your reference to the scriptures just strengthens my case. You can post scripture. But, you really don't have any idea of the context in which the Bible is presenting them. (Or, perhaps you do. But, you are just doing what your master leads you to do.)

-
"You belong to your father the devil, and you want to carry out the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and has never stood for truth, since there is no truth in him. Whenever he tells a lie, he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies". John 8:44

Your reference to the scriptures just strengthens my case. You can post scripture. But, you really don't have any idea of the context in which the Bible is presenting them. (Or, perhaps you do. But, you are just doing what your master leads you to do.)

-

You may want to READ what it says as you seem unable to find what I meant I have listed the actual passages for you.
Slaves OK.
Women should not speak and be submissive.
What did I miss? Is your wife quiet and submissive to you??

1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

1 Timothy 2:11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission.

1 Corinthians 14 34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.

Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

The point is that you won't be happy, because if what you believe is true then you will no longer exist. No longer exist, you know, no consciousness, nada, nothing. If however, what you don't believe to be true, is true, you'll be in HELL and I guarantee that you will not be happy about anything, FOREVER.

I will be happy UNTIL I die knowing that my friends and family love me and will remember me for the person I was.

Also I have to point out by you're rules there are more evil people in heaven then hell. How? Well all that is needed to enter heaven is to accept god before you die and mean it. How many of the bad people in the world so this? When you get to heaven you likely to get a house with Hitler on one side of you and child molesting priest on the other.

Also I have to point out by you're rules there are more evil people in heaven then hell. How? Well all that is needed to enter heaven is to accept god before you die and mean it. How many of the bad people in the world so this? When you get to heaven you likely to get a house with Hitler on one side of you and child molesting priest on the other.

OK so can I take back the "agree with you thing" that's just a little twisted motor scooter stuff right there...:hang2:

Actually I can and have stated many instances where the bible is in fact WRONG and can prove it. Funny how every FACTUAL point is ignored by you. Of course you can not prove most of the bible is true and what bible wrote at what time would you use to validate it? This is FAITH. This is the thing that has caused the death of so many who accepted science, math, biology and all the other natural studies we today know to be true. When was the last time a group of non believers carried out a genocide? You dismiss ( ignore ) your past. Most every church in America and around the world has a WHITE jesus at the front of it even though we all know he was not white. But you dismiss it. Every church shows him with nails through his palms. We know this is not correct. Yet everybody seems to ignore these things. The bible itself has been altered vastly. You ignore that.

I have no fear nor hatred. I do not need any. I live my life as a good person as can be shown by those around me. Those of faith have fear and hate! They fear death. They fear evil. They fear life. I do not reject a person because they are different. I do not call people names because I disagree with them. I do not tell people if they do not give me money a omnipotent being will be unhappy with them. I have never threatened anyone with a eternity of punishment for not thinking the way I do. I have never caused the death of countless billions over time based on what I think.

I tried to point out something as simple as the book you use and the FACT that the oldest one and the newest one are all but different books. You dismiss it whole cloth. You are unwilling to use your brain to see the truth that lies in front of you. The bible says it is ok to own slaves and beat your wife. Do you agree with that as well?

"I have no fear nor hatred. I do not need any. I live my life as a good person as can be shown by those around me. Those of faith have fear and hate! They fear death. They fear evil. They fear life. I do not reject a person because they are different."

I do not know who you are or what you do, and don't care.
But know this, I fear no man, no evil spirits and I certainly DON'T FEAR DEATH. My faith is knowing that GOD IS IN CONTROL. AND MY POWER OVER ALL EVIL THUR MY LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Your statement of " I can point out many things in the bible that are incorrect" .. Well the bible is not incorrect your interpretation is wrong..

So stop spouting out your poison and leave GODS children alone.

In college years ago, I took a theology class that was taught by a doctoral theologist. He said the bible need not be literally interpreted, but stated to take its lessons and meanings generally, and take from it what you will.

I did, and came-away knowing that religion and science may coexist in my head. I don't attend church much, am non-denominational, and live my life by what I see in front of me. I believe in evolution, yet I don't belittle anyone with contrary views, and certainly won't be belittled because of my views as well.

We believe what we believe. That's everyone's right.

Answer this question oh non believer:

WHERE DID ALL OF WHAT YOU LOOK UPON
EACH DAY OF YOUR LIFE COME FROM ?

r1derbike,

I WILL IGNORE YOU FROM NOW ON, AS I BELIEVE YOU ARE MAKING THESE ABSURD STATEMENTS TO GAIN ATTENTION
FOR SOME EVIL REASON.

ALL BELIEVERS SHOULD NO LONGER TOLERATE YOU. GOODBYE.

You have to do more than "accept" who God is. You must believe on Jesus provision in life, death & resurrection. Then you need to confess your sins and ask HIM to be LORD of your life. (The Bible says even demons "believe". You must "confess" and make Jesus the Lord of your life.)

As far as "evil" people in Heaven? NO, there wont be.

Revelation 21:8 (ASV)
[SUP]8 [/SUP]But for the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their part shall be in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.

We are all born in sin. Thus, we are evil by default. But, once we "believe" on Jesus, confess our sin to HIM and receive Him as our Lord & Savior we will be saved.

. Those of faith have fear and hate! They fear death. They fear evil. They fear life.
By people of faith, I presume you're referring to Born Again Christians? If so, then I totally disagree with you. Born Again Christians do not fear DEATH, EVIL, or LIFE. And, the only thing we hate is EVIL itself.

Originally Posted by duke7595
. Those of faith have fear and hate! They fear death. They fear evil. They fear life.

By people of faith, I presume you're referring to Born Again Christians? If so, then I totally disagree with you. Born Again Christians do not fear DEATH, EVIL, or LIFE. And, the only thing we hate is EVIL itself.

check..I think duke was addressing that quote.

r1derbike,

I WILL IGNORE YOU FROM NOW ON, AS I BELIEVE YOU ARE MAKING THESE ABSURD STATEMENTS TO GAIN ATTENTION
FOR SOME EVIL REASON.

ALL BELIEVERS SHOULD NO LONGER TOLERATE YOU. GOODBYE.
May you be blessed in your blasphemous ignorance!

Please. Take your proselytizing to another individual...

Not to me, please. I knew as far back as 2d grade Sunday school that religion, though important to (too) many, was inherently phony (even comical, though some of the contrived moralistic stories were briefly interesting, and some of the old testament stuff frightening) and that being expected to have "faith" in what I knew wasn't true was just plain intellectually dishonest. On the macro level, this country's obsession with things like angels, dinosaurs co-existing with man, new-earth and creation "science" perpetuates ignorance and makes us the laughingstock of the educated world. It also dumbs us down. That said, the religious have a constitutionally-guaranteed right to believe what they want, however silly. They don't have a right--even a moral one--to make their religion my business by attempting to insinuate it into every conceivable aspect of this complex society. (PS: a couple of my best friends and shooting buddies are about as religiously intense and sincere as you can get, but they keep it within bounds and never try to force their views on others. They respect my views and I respect theirs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back