Gloves, Gloves and more gloves

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
In a SHTF scenario...You need to protect you mitts!

NOMEX pilots type glove work vary well for allowing you to be tactile (feel stuff) but don't get in the way of operating a weapon. Form fitting mechanix gloves work well to but do not protect the wrist much.

NOMEX is a miracle! It does not readily burn. When it does burn it does not readily drip! They are extremely heat resistant. Great for when your rifle heats up due to sustained fire. These are used by a lot of special operators for that reason.

Good Glove are definitely a plus when you put together your gear!

I usually get mine at...

Military clothing sales
Brigade quartermaster
Blackhawk Tactical

All are good choices with acceptable quality.

+1 on the NOMEX flight gloves! I've used them for years. They also work very well for glove liners.

are they any good at keeping your hands warm? At what temperature do you think you could go down to, and still be comfortable with them?
And hows the water resistance of them?

You'll be good to the mid 30's

are they any good at keeping your hands warm? At what temperature do you think you could go down to, and still be comfortable with them?
And hows the water resistance of them?

You'll be good to the mid 30's...Water proof; not so much. Use diver's gloves if you ned water proof.

Nomex make great glove liners. I use them as a tactical glove because of the heat issues with sustained rifle fire.

When I'm thinking about SHTF I'm thinking I'm going to be alone or with the wife. Not in a long term extended fire fight because a lone guy isn't going to last very long.

I'll take a good pair of leather insulated work gloves. There's going to be more work to do than Zombies to fell. If I have to hump out (I wouldn't make it too far) I'd like to have my fall back spot comfortable which means work. Depending on the situation you might have to fall back a couple of times. One pair of gloves is all that's going into my BOB.

Cold Weather Liners

I have used these for years in the winter working heavy construction and also riding the tractor
for hours plowing snow.
Gloves.
Link Removed

Socks.
C7 Silver Sock Liner

Sometimes you can find the gloves at ATV or motorcycle shops.
The socks I have always had too order.
Also they last for years. I usually loose them long before time to replace.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back