Glock people

dobleceroseite

Why are there so many “Glock Nuts” out there? I understand that you like your Glock, and I agree that it is a very nice gun and is extremely reliable, but I don’t like them. That’s my choice. So why do these people insult, degrade and make fun of people who don’t have Glock’s? Let me tell you what happened so you have the info. I’m sorry if this is long but you need the story.

Yesterday I went the Gun Range with a friend of mine. I had recently bought two new guns (by recently I mean in the past 6 months) that had never been shot so I wanted to go and play for a while. I bought an IWI Jericho 941B compact in 9mm and an S&W M&P9 Full Size. I also brought the rest of my guns so we could have stuff to shoot, my baby an HK USP9 Compact, S&W Model 10-5 Snub, and an S&W Model 66. We get our lane time and proceed to blow the hell out of our paper targets when this guy from a couple lanes down comes in with the Glock catalog (He had one of every Glock, maybe exaggerating here a little but he had at least 10 Glocks in all different sizes and calibers) wearing a Glock shirt, with a Glock Range Bag stuffed with Glock gun rugs. I’m sure if Glock sells underwear he was wearing that too. He starts to shoot and he is a good shot, nailing targets at 10, 15, and 25 yards with tight groups. He see’s our targets, we were just playing to get a good feel for the new guns, and while they were really tight groups with, they at least hit the 8.5 by 11 paper. He proceeds to tell me that if I had a Glock, I’d be bulls eyeing all the targets. I said ok that’s fine, but these are new guns and I just want to enjoy shooting for a while and see how the gun feels before I start zeroing in with the gun (Cause that takes FOREVER!!). He then looks at my arsenal, and says that the only thing I could and should hit with those guns is the garbage can I need to put them into.

Ok, I can take people poking fun about myself and stuff I own, so I say sure and proceed to keep shooting. By the end of the night all my shots are in the center 4 inch square with all the guns at 10 yards, which makes me happy and my friend and I really had a lot of fun. The Glock guy had left the lane about 10 minutes before we were finished so I had forgotten about him. When we left the lane, he was outside talking about how bad our guns were with the range officer who was just nodding and not really paying attention (Glazed over look on his face like he hears this all the time). He pointed me out as I left the range and yelled that they should allow my garbage guns on the lane. I asked what the hell his problem was and walked away to go get some cleaning supplies cause I was out of Hoppes 9 and had one hell of a cleaning night ahead of me. He proceed to walk up and keep talking to me about how Glock is far better to anything out on the market, and he kept going on and on and on about this for about 5 minutes. Finally I told him I don’t care I don’t like the Glock and please leave me alone. By that time some of the other guys who worked at the store started in on how Glock is the best gun thing ever and kept encouraging the guy. Finally I walked out to people mocking me and calling me a baby for standing around to argue.

I know I did the right thing and Sticks and Stones and all, but I feel that if I don’t like Glock or S&W or Springfield I shouldn’t be made fun of or mocked. I also feel that the store employees should have said something to Glock Guy instead of helping him. I felt really embarrassed and bullied by this and while it will be a cold day in hell before I ever walk in to that place again, I want to know where the Glock people get the right to do this. I love my guns and am an HK guy, but I wouldn’t mock or call somebody out for not having a HK gun. I was just wondering what you guys thought about it.

I have 3 Glocks.. Also, a 2 sigs, HK and S&W.. They are all as good as the shooter..... Or as bad...:no:

I have 3 Glocks.. Also, a 2 sigs, HK and S&W.. They are all as good as the shooter..... Or as bad...:no:

:yes4:

Arrogant idiots like that just want a rise, smile and tell him his Glock is a cute little gun next time, your wife has one, or it's a nice backup gun. Then leave. Let him stew alone. And yeah, you need to berate the staff to the management about the situation.

Oh... Glock underwear, cool. :biggrin: All kidding aside people like that are best ignored. I have a few Glocks, a Beretta, Kel-Tec, etc, and would never in a million years try to force my brand of gun down a persons throat like this person did to you. I would make recommendations of course but not in a demeaning way. The RO should have know better than to participate in that kind of behavior and if it was me I would certainly let the owner or manager know I would not be back and why.

By the way, this kind of brand loyalty (mine is better than yours attitude) is not limited to guns. You can find some of these jerks lurking just about everywhere.

People like that irritate the crap out of me. For me, going to the range is about practice and enjoying the sport. It isn't about who brought what or shoots what. Every firearm I own can out shoot me. But I enjoy all of them just the same.

However, in this case I would have loaded the S&W 66 with the hottest loads you had, looked at him and said "Real men shoot magnums, here, knock yourself out!" :biggrin:

Weirdo’s come in all calibers (pun intended). This same idiot might have been a S&W fan in another life. I like Glocks, and I shoot Glocks. I have had the same kind of experience in reverse. More than once, I’ve had to sit and listen to guys that know absolutely nothing about these guns, tell me how unsafe they are, and etc., etc... Get over it. The important thing is you enjoy what you shoot, and enjoy shooting.

I have a couple Glocks, a pair of Firestorm (Bersa) .380s and a couple S&W .38's...quite a hodgepodge. Reminds me of middle school, comments such as his. I think he is a knucklehead who doesn't know the first thing about what is "good" in a handgun. e.g As a weapon w/o a manual safety, Glocks tend to require a lot more consistent training to reduce the chance of an unintentional discharge...oops. OK...how about this...hold the weapon, comfortably &"naturally" then close your eyes, point the weapon at the target, open your eyes, how is that fit in your hands doing for your sight picture alignment...just some thoughts on what might be considered "good". I don't think it is all about what works after having been dropped in the mud...

Why are there so many “Glock Nuts” out there? I understand that you like your Glock, and I agree that it is a very nice gun and is extremely reliable, but I don’t like them. That’s my choice. So why do these people insult, degrade and make fun of people who don’t have Glock’s? Let me tell you what happened so you have the info. I’m sorry if this is long but you need the story.

Yesterday I went the Gun Range with a friend of mine. I had recently bought two new guns (by recently I mean in the past 6 months) that had never been shot so I wanted to go and play for a while. I bought an IWI Jericho 941B compact in 9mm and an S&W M&P9 Full Size. I also brought the rest of my guns so we could have stuff to shoot, my baby an HK USP9 Compact, S&W Model 10-5 Snub, and an S&W Model 66. We get our lane time and proceed to blow the hell out of our paper targets when this guy from a couple lanes down comes in with the Glock catalog (He had one of every Glock, maybe exaggerating here a little but he had at least 10 Glocks in all different sizes and calibers) wearing a Glock shirt, with a Glock Range Bag stuffed with Glock gun rugs. I’m sure if Glock sells underwear he was wearing that too. He starts to shoot and he is a good shot, nailing targets at 10, 15, and 25 yards with tight groups. He see’s our targets, we were just playing to get a good feel for the new guns, and while they were really tight groups with, they at least hit the 8.5 by 11 paper. He proceeds to tell me that if I had a Glock, I’d be bulls eyeing all the targets. I said ok that’s fine, but these are new guns and I just want to enjoy shooting for a while and see how the gun feels before I start zeroing in with the gun (Cause that takes FOREVER!!). He then looks at my arsenal, and says that the only thing I could and should hit with those guns is the garbage can I need to put them into.

Ok, I can take people poking fun about myself and stuff I own, so I say sure and proceed to keep shooting. By the end of the night all my shots are in the center 4 inch square with all the guns at 10 yards, which makes me happy and my friend and I really had a lot of fun. The Glock guy had left the lane about 10 minutes before we were finished so I had forgotten about him. When we left the lane, he was outside talking about how bad our guns were with the range officer who was just nodding and not really paying attention (Glazed over look on his face like he hears this all the time). He pointed me out as I left the range and yelled that they should allow my garbage guns on the lane. I asked what the hell his problem was and walked away to go get some cleaning supplies cause I was out of Hoppes 9 and had one hell of a cleaning night ahead of me. He proceed to walk up and keep talking to me about how Glock is far better to anything out on the market, and he kept going on and on and on about this for about 5 minutes. Finally I told him I don’t care I don’t like the Glock and please leave me alone. By that time some of the other guys who worked at the store started in on how Glock is the best gun thing ever and kept encouraging the guy. Finally I walked out to people mocking me and calling me a baby for standing around to argue.

I know I did the right thing and Sticks and Stones and all, but I feel that if I don’t like Glock or S&W or Springfield I shouldn’t be made fun of or mocked. I also feel that the store employees should have said something to Glock Guy instead of helping him. I felt really embarrassed and bullied by this and while it will be a cold day in hell before I ever walk in to that place again, I want to know where the Glock people get the right to do this. I love my guns and am an HK guy, but I wouldn’t mock or call somebody out for not having a HK gun. I was just wondering what you guys thought about it.

You have more patience than me guy, I would have let him eat my "garbage gun" barrel first about five times then left him laying and walked off... running off at the mouth to total strangers isn't very bright, especially at a shooting range! Thank God not all Glock Owners are that stupid!!! :no:

Ahh there's people like that everywhere bud don't let them get to you. Sounds like you need to find a new range/gunshop. I would at least let the management know that his people jumped on the bandwagon too and if that's the way his people are going to act you'll spend your money elsewhere. Shoot my range would rather sell you a $1500 insert name here,than any glock. Personally I'll take a nice 1911 over a glock anyday!

Some people are opinionated fools. We all have our favorite firearms. I have a Glock 19 and it is a good gun but my main carry is a HK P2000SK LEM. I also own a Sig and a couple Walthers as well as a number of other guns. I would have no problem carrying any of them and at one time or another have. The one thing I will say for Glock is that you get a lot of bang for the buck, no pun intended.

Yeah, I'll bet that guy is a real hit with the ladies too. The handgun we should have and carry is the handgun that we shoot well - after all, isn't that the point?

A lot of people are brand affiliated. Instead of focusing on the close minded that like X or Y gun how about we all imbrace one anothers love of firearms may it be a wheel gun or an auto :)

Last edited:
First, you have a fine firearms collection. I don't know anything about the Jericho but the rest are fine weapons.

Second, at some point the Range Officer or store management should have taken him aside and had a "word of prayer" with him. My statement would be "You can either stop bothering my other customers or you can leave. I won't ask again."

Third, I wonder what else this guy does with his Glocks? I understand brand loyalty but seriously - I'd be scared to touch any of his guns without gloves on. It's okay to love your Glocks, just as long as you don't *love* your Glocks.:man_in_love:

First, you have a fine firearms collection. I don't know anything about the Jericho but the rest are fine weapons.

Second, at some point the Range Officer or store management should have taken him aside and had a "word of prayer" with him. My statement would be "You can either stop bothering my other customers or you can leave. I won't ask again."

Third, I wonder what else this guy does with his Glocks? I understand brand loyalty but seriously - I'd be scared to touch any of his guns without gloves on. It's okay to love your Glocks, just as long as you don't *love* your Glocks.:man_in_love:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thank you all for your help and understanding. I greatly appreciate it. I'm just going to try to find a new place to go to shoot. I am still taken aback by such strong "Brand Loyality" that I see with guns, but it is nice to see that I'm not the only one.

Thanks again for all your support.

I forgot to mention this but you were right to walk away. A fight in a gun store is a BAD situation.

I re-read the OP and had missed how the guys "encouraging" Mr Glock *lover:wub:* were employees of the shop. If I ran that shop I would have either fired every one of them or have them so job-scared that they were begging to work overtime for free polishing the toilets. I'd probably fire the ringleader just to prove a point to the rest of the staff.

IMO you should talk to the manager of the shop and inform him of this situation, and mention that it makes you want to do business elsewhere. Explain to him that if Glocks are God's gift to handgunnery then he should have a clearance sale on everything non-Glock and sell only Glocks.

Is the Jericho basically the same as a Baby Eagle? I've heard good things about the Baby Eagle.

I love Glocks, i like the simplicity, and the easy maintenance it requires.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back