Glock 26 or 27 conceal carry

Concel carry in pocket Glock 26 or G 27 & G 36 & G 30

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jerry12

What do you think of the Glock 26 and 27/G 30/ G36 for conceal carry in a pocket.

G26

A friend of mine and I both carry G26's. He is outside the waistband and I'm inside the waistband. Both agree that a Glock is a bit thick and pocket carry difficult. I chose a hybrid holster due to how thin the Kydex is.

I'm partial to the 40 cal S&W cartridge. The 27 isn't too big to slide into a pocket, but I usually carry in a holster.

I don't pocket carry, but if so I would choose the G27 because the G26 is the same platform as the G27 and you get more caliber. The G30 is bigger than the G26/27 in height and the slide is thicker, and is definently not a pocket gun in my opinion, but you can't beat .45 on the street. I never fondled a G36 but the slide dimensions are about the same only you lose rounds with the single stack (is 6 of .45 enough?).
I carry a G23 IWB and sometimes agonize over carrying the G30sf instead - the dilemma is .40 vs .45 and 14 vs. 10 rounds. And we could discuss target reacquisition and accuracy of different barrel lengths, but I'll save that for another day.
And to answer the original question, I don't consider any Glock a pocket gun although I can conceal my G23 in my front right pocket of my dress pants. But I think carrying any Glock (any gun?) without a holster in a pants pocket could offer some unwanted surprises.

I don't pocket carry, but if so I would choose the G27 because the G26 is the same platform as the G27 and you get more caliber. The G30 is bigger than the G26/27 in height and the slide is thicker, and is definently not a pocket gun in my opinion, but you can't beat .45 on the street. I never fondled a G36 but the slide dimensions are about the same only you lose rounds with the single stack (is 6 of .45 enough?).
I carry a G23 IWB and sometimes agonize over carrying the G30sf instead - the dilemma is .40 vs .45 and 14 vs. 10 rounds. And we could discuss target reacquisition and accuracy of different barrel lengths, but I'll save that for another day.
And to answer the original question, I don't consider any Glock a pocket gun although I can conceal my G23 in my front right pocket of my dress pants. But I think carrying any Glock (any gun?) without a holster in a pants pocket could offer some unwanted surprises.
I do use a pocket holster for the Ruger LCP 380 that i now carry and i would not carry a gun in a pocket with out being in a holster. I should have said in a pocket with a holster i guess.The holster that i now use has a wire ring in the top to stop the holster from coming out of your pocket when you pull the gun out.

I carry a G26 (G4) every day....i do IWB holster as i think the gun is way too large for pocket carry and carrying in holster it allows you to get the gun out when needed, much easier than if it is your pocket.

I also have the G23 and G21 plus two Ruger LCP380 & A Ruger SR9 but of the ones that i use in a holster the G23 is my favorite.

I think the Glock 26/27 is too big for pocket carry; however, it is great size for Smartcarry or IWB.
A P3AT or LCP 380 are pocket carry perfection.

CDW4ME:233554 said:
I think the Glock 26/27 is too big for pocket carry; however, it is great size for Smartcarry or IWB.
A P3AT or LCP 380 are pocket carry perfection.
I agree that a Glock 27 and or 26 is too big for pocket carry unless you have some pretty BIG pockets. IMHO anything bigger than a 380 are not pocket guns.

Thank you for all the info guy's. I ended up getting the Ruger LC9 because i could not make the Glock 26 or 27 work in my front jean's pocket they just to large and hard to get out of the pocket. This past Saturday i went to my local gun store and the owner let me play with any gun i wanted to and the Glock 26 or 27 just would not work in the pocket but the LC9 would so that is what i got a long with a pocket holster for it. I had rather had the Glock but it want work. My open carry is a Glock 23 and i love that gun plus i have a CT Laser on it.When i made the poll i didn't think about putting the LC9 on it because i wanted one of the small Glock's and who knows i may in up with one of the them down the road to go a long with my Glock 23 and 21.

I would like to have some ideas for a good in the waist holster for my Ruger LC9 in the pocket it gets to much lint on it and i would like to get away from the lint problem.

A Glock 27 would be my choice if those were my only choices. It would require a really big pocket and with the weight, print pretty badly as in "why is that guys pants or jacket sagging so much." None of those Glocks are pocket carry material in my opinion. My 27 rides in a Galco Fletch when I carry it and if I want pocket carry it's a Ruger LCP. A Ruger LC9 might be ok but I've never tried it.

1 thing I Love about the Glock platform is its flexibility. I'd go with the G27 which can easily be converted to a G26 with a .40 to 9mm barrel swap and a G19 mag...2 guns in 1 isn't all that bad. BTW, my Glock 27 and my XDm 3.8 .40 share the same safe and ive never had to break up a fight between them :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back