G.Zimmerman

Teluch82

So I just read an article on CNN for iPhone that there has been donations to G.Zimmerman totaling 200+ thousand dollars for support. In my opinion I really don't know what to think of the whole ordeal only cause the media paints a picture they want you to see and hear and not the real facts so it's hard to take any sides in the matter. The only thing you can hope for is a fair trial by peers and not social media. I would however hope that we the community of gun owners learn from these types of unfortunate events so that we ourselves do not end up in the same sinking ship.

Here is a link that has enlightened me on the whole Zimmerman Vs. Martin situation. I hope it helps you, IMO this is the least biased story I have read to date! I live in the manassas,Va. area and can relate on how ethnicly diverse this area is, so if this is where George grew up I can't see him being the racist the mass media is making him out to be!

U.S. News - George Zimmerman: Prelude to the shooting of Trayvon Martin
I just want people to find the truth before they judge someone they don't know!

After the Hell hole they put Zimmerman through, He should be a free man and forget the trial! This out come is not going to be good Barry will see to that!

i hope he don't go to jail for simply defending his life from some young punk ass thug clearly the story was falsified on the news and for more sinister agenda imo

I am glad to hear that money is being raised for his defense. If the "bounty" from the New Black Panthers was added to the fund Mr. Zimmerman would be well on the way to paying his defense lawyer. Why should he get the bounty? Well, it was for his arrest, and he did turn himself in, effecting his own arrest. So pay the man the reawrd! Or shut off the racist muttering and slink back to you own places.

I really hope Zimmerman is going to prison and get placed in (gen-pop) general population!!! Then he will be the hunted!!! Trust me it ain't NO fun when the rabbit got the gun!!!! Happy hunting!!!!

Zimmerman case

Finally an article that puts a little perspective on the matter.
Link Removed

Good article--I have never heard that side of the story. Gives one a much better understanding of what could be Zimmerman's point of view...or frame of mind.

Nevertheless, I believe that Zimmerman was emboldened by having a weapon, and that boldness led to him exiting his vehicle in his pursuit of the "suspect." Obviously racial profiling plays a role in this case given the timeline of previous break-ins and the surety of witness accounts (from the prior break-ins) that those targeting the neighborhood were young and African-American, but I believe that this entire tragedy could have been avoided had Zimmerman done as many of us have been taught in our CCW classes:

go out of your way to avoid situations where the chances of using your weapon are increased

Call me chicken, but never in a million years would I step out of the safety of my vehicle to pursue or confront someone who I believe 1) may be up to no good, and 2) is bigger [and likely a whole lot badder] than I.

That said, I really hope Zimmerman gets a fair trial--some of the "news media" should really be ashamed of themselves!

SCAR17s:304928 said:
I really hope Zimmerman is going to prison and get placed in (gen-pop) general population!!! Then he will be the hunted!!! Trust me it ain't NO fun when the rabbit got the gun!!!! Happy hunting!!!!

Please enlighten us... seems like you know the whole story.

Never going to happen, you can go back to DU now.

Good article--I have never heard that side of the story. Gives one a much better understanding of what could be Zimmerman's point of view...or frame of mind.

Nevertheless, I believe that Zimmerman was emboldened by having a weapon, and that boldness led to him exiting his vehicle in his pursuit of the "suspect." Obviously racial profiling plays a role in this case given the timeline of previous break-ins and the surety of witness accounts (from the prior break-ins) that those targeting the neighborhood were young and African-American, but I believe that this entire tragedy could have been avoided had Zimmerman done as many of us have been taught in our CCW classes:

go out of your way to avoid situations where the chances of using your weapon are increased

Call me chicken, but never in a million years would I step out of the safety of my vehicle to pursue or confront someone who I believe 1) may be up to no good, and 2) is bigger [and likely a whole lot badder] than I.

That said, I really hope Zimmerman gets a fair trial--some of the "news media" should really be ashamed of themselves!

i feel the same way as you. Never mind the fact that the boy in question WAS supposed to be in the neighborhood. So a kid is dead b/c of Zimmermans mistake? or Zimmermans need to feel like LEO. Nevermind the fact that he was told to stand down.

For those of you who think its a simple self defense case. If your kids are walking home from the store and a man is following them arent you telling your kids to get away from the follower,,,,you know you are. if anyone on this site is being followed home by a person who is clearly not LEO are you gonna jus wait to see what the person wants. id doubt it. but whether he's innocent or guilty he's still in the wrong to me, he killed a kid that he did hunt down and search for b/c he thought the kid looked susp,,,,,and he was extremely wrong the kid had some candy.

I think if more people put themselves in the the kids shoes or looked at it from the point of, what if my son is visiting a relative and he's being followed by a "wanna be cop" then gets shot and killed in self defense youd be thinking differently. would you really tell your kid, if your being followed by someone stand there and see what they want?

suckerfree:306015 said:

i feel the same way as you. Never mind the fact that the boy in question WAS supposed to be in the neighborhood. So a kid is dead b/c of Zimmermans mistake? or Zimmermans need to feel like LEO. Nevermind the fact that he was told to stand down.

For those of you who think its a simple self defense case. If your kids are walking home from the store and a man is following them arent you telling your kids to get away from the follower,,,,you know you are. if anyone on this site is being followed home by a person who is clearly not LEO are you gonna jus wait to see what the person wants. id doubt it. but whether he's innocent or guilty he's still in the wrong to me, he killed a kid that he did hunt down and search for b/c he thought the kid looked susp,,,,,and he was extremely wrong the kid had some candy.

I think if more people put themselves in the the kids shoes or looked at it from the point of, what if my son is visiting a relative and he's being followed by a "wanna be cop" then gets shot and killed in self defense youd be thinking differently. would you really tell your kid, if your being followed by someone stand there and see what they want?

I would tell my kids to run home...not start a fight with a stranger. It seems though, Martins parents didn't really give a crap about their wanna be thug child until a few days after he died.

If my child was a 6'2" football player I wouldn't be as worried about him being caught if he sprinted home. As he would get there pretty fast. You and the other poster are not Zimmerman, so what you think he was feeling is irrelevant because it was what Zimmerman was feeling that matters.

Please provide links that state he was told to stand down by an authority figure, that he ignored that figure, and that he continued to hunt Martin down. When you can do that, your opinion won't be completely worthless.

Wynn:305841 said:
SCAR17s:304928 said:

Please enlighten us... seems like you know the whole story.

I think what he wanted us to know was that the majority of gen-pop is black. It seems that's scars agenda here...and to disgrace a beautiful rifles name.

To All, I ask you, WERE YOU THERE? Have You done an OBJECTIVE investigation? IF NOT! Stop talking and let the system work!

@firefighter,,,,uh we Do know the 911 dispatcher told him not to follow the kid...thats a stand down to me. And let me see here, a grown man is following a kid,and its the kid who picked the fight? You never adressed the fact that zimmerman was wrong in that the kid did nothing worthy of being followed. Jus,,,wow

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back