Full National Anthem

I just became aware that there are actually four verses to our National Anthem. For all I know this is common knowledge and I was just ignorant; however, I will post a link here for the benefit of those who, like me, were not aware of this information.

Here it is: The full version of the National Anthem being sung by a man named Lewis Shaeffer.

Enjoy!

ConstantlyEvolve,

I really ejnoyed your post I completely did not know about the three other versus I do Know so Thank You

I know the 4 verses exists but it is not normally sang so I sort of forgot the lyrics to them other verses. Thank you for the reminder...'greatly appreciate it.:yes4:

The Star Spangled Banner was also sung to other tunes, but the one that stuck was always the most popular. I've known about the other verses most of my life, but being into history and into music, that's the kind of thing I eat up.

I knew there are four verses but it is not common knowledge. Other than some special treatment such as the posted video I have never heard them performed nor seen them in print. I cannot tell you any of the lyrics from the other three verses and due to my learning disability I probably can't even tell you the lyrics of the first verse most of the time. It is a very hard song to sing due to the voice range required and wish that some other melody had been chosen for it. However the words are beautiful and when asked to perform it in public one should just sing the thing and quit trying to interpret it and make fools of themselves in front of millions of people during the Super Bowl or similar events.

I knew there are four verses but it is not common knowledge. Other than some special treatment such as the posted video I have never heard them performed nor seen them in print. I cannot tell you any of the lyrics from the other three verses and due to my learning disability
Please do not hit yourself in the head that way...everyone has a learning disability on most things...some things are harder to learn and some things easy...just like many things, it takes repetition to be able to get used to what one is learning or trying to learn. Even learning to walk or learning to talk...get what I mean???

However the words are beautiful and when asked to perform it in public one should just sing the thing and quit trying to interpret it and make fools of themselves in front of millions of people during the Super Bowl or similar events.
I share your sentiments in this. A national anthem to me is very sacred even if sometimes I have to just sing with my thinking cap. It is a prayer...a prayer for the nation and with a nation when singing it with others. But then, this is just little short me...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back