Frito Lay threatens boycott of Fiesta bowl

HK4U

I have heard that Frito Lay is considering pulling sponsorship of the fiesta Bowl in AZ. I do not know if the decision is final yet but if they do I will boycott all of their products. I think an e-mail and or phone call to their corporate office to let them know might be in order.

Frito Lay, the good people who brought us one my favorite stereotype mascots, The Frito Bandito?

Ange

Just an update. I did talk to a representative of Frito Lay and was told that although there was a protest group trying to pressure them into pulling advertising that there was no plans on doing that. Hopefully that is correct. We will have to wait and see.

To be clear, Frito Lay is not "threatening" to boycott AZ. Instead, like Starbucks, they are being "pressured" by a minority grooup of activists to support an agenda aimed at attempting to fight our existing laws and traditions.

Link Removed

Link Removed

By all means, let them know that this is not appropriate for a business to let themselves be stampeded into a rash decision with far-reaching consequences. Make rational comments on the news sites and contact Frito-Lay with your opinion as consumers.

Frito Lay is owned by Pepsi.

I drink Coke anyway:biggrin:
I've said it in here and other places..........band together and boycot all the companies, groups, states etc that are boycoting AZ. it will send a message if you let them know. otherwise we remain the silent majority......

Hispanics represent a huge portion of the population. The politicians, are going to pander to this large group.

I am not surprised the "activists" are knocking on the corporations door.

It is all about votes, and profits. Nothing else matters. What a shame.

I drink Coke anyway:biggrin:
I've said it in here and other places..........band together and boycot all the companies, groups, states etc that are boycoting AZ. it will send a message if you let them know. otherwise we remain the silent majority......

Yep!! Coke a Cola and Goldenflake!! I think their chips are better anyway!!

To be clear, Frito Lay is not "threatening" to boycott AZ. Instead, like Starbucks, they are being "pressured" by a minority grooup of activists to support an agenda aimed at attempting to fight our existing laws and traditions.

Link Removed

Link Removed

By all means, let them know that this is not appropriate for a business to let themselves be stampeded into a rash decision with far-reaching consequences. Make rational comments on the news sites and contact Frito-Lay with your opinion as consumers.

Hispanic coalition??? The illegals NOW have a coalition? Tell those criminal turkeys that they better keep their mouths shut or we'll stop EVERY DARN one of them and ask for their Drivers License, Registration, proof of insurance,and GREEN Card. And if they don't haveall that info, the whole darn Hispanic Coalition will be returned to Mexico.

How dare some bunch of criminals try to push their way in DEMANDING rights now, or their own political agenda!!

When I was a technical writer, Frito Lay were clients of mine for a ten month project; I wrote the manual for the Schedulers in the manufacturing plants. This was in 2001. Every person we dealt with at the headquarters north of Dallas was obsessed with money. How to take more and give less.

You know why Fritos are curved? They didn't use to be. They are curved because some engineer figured out that if you curved the Fritos you could put less in the bag and keep the same size bag and price. They had long meetings arguing about what exact curve would allow you to put the fewest Fritos in the bag and how you would bake that curve every time. Yuck.

You could ask the janitor or the president and they would know their exact profit margin last year (not making that up, I did). Every one of our Frito Lay teammates would come to us and talk crap about the other teammates; money obsession produces a lot of backstabbing.

Where do you think those new Scooper things come from? They will have had long meetings/arguments about those too. Frito Lay will follow the money above anything else. I have boycotted their products ever since I had the misfortune of working at their headquarters.

Isn't there a quote somewhere that says 'For the love of money is the root of' something?

Hispanic coalition??? The illegals NOW have a coalition? Tell those criminal turkeys that they better keep their mouths shut or we'll stop EVERY DARN one of them and ask for their Drivers License, Registration, proof of insurance,and GREEN Card. And if they don't haveall that info, the whole darn Hispanic Coalition will be returned to Mexico.

How dare some bunch of criminals try to push their way in DEMANDING rights now, or their own political agenda!!
Gov5, who are the criminals? The coalition is all citizens.
This is the groups web site:
LULAC
LULAC also reflects a broad cross-section of Hispanic Americans including Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and Central and South Americans. We need your help to continue our legacy of improving the quality of life for all Latinos.
If you are going to make comments, please make them rational ones. Firearm owners need to be seen in a positive light. Elections are coming up.

Gov5, who are the criminals? The coalition is all citizens.
This is the groups web site:
LULAC
LULAC also reflects a broad cross-section of Hispanic Americans including Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and Central and South Americans. We need your help to continue our legacy of improving the quality of life for all Latinos.
If you are going to make comments, please make them rational ones. Firearm owners need to be seen in a positive light. Elections are coming up.

YOU don't need my help to "continue your legacy of improving your life". YOU can do that yourself. LULAC looks to me like just ANOTHER "In your face" political group, following the same game plan as other groups have used. I've seen the movie before, and I didn't like it.

Preach to the Hollywood crowd if you must. They'll believe anything. They're always looking for a "good cause" for another "bandwagon" to jump on. If LULAC wants to get politically active, have them jump on the illegal immigration issue and help find and deport all the Hispanic folks that have entered this Country illegally. That would get them a lot of help and support. But don';t try to tell me to support a group that is made up of folks wanting me to accept their members that may be part of the problem we have.

Pepsi just got off an AFA boycott. I don't think they want another one in their future!
A boycott over the fact that PepsiCo extends full benefits to their LGBT employees, which saw PepsiCo year-on-year profits nearly double.

If I were Pepsico, I'd be telling the People for Illegal `Mmigration Promption (PIMPs) to bring it on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back