**Flash Mob**

Yeah, Pepper Spray...nice fantasy. Loosing a liberal dose of pepper spray in an enclosed area will incapacitate you just as fast as it does the bad guys. Then what happens when more bad guys come in? People in mobs lose individuality, they start thinking that they can do as they please, safety in numbers. To re arrange that thinking error, place one in mortal danger, all of a sudden, others see that and remember to place their individual safety first. A gunshot or two or three can have a magical effect on an out of control group.
MR

This is a travesty

I think I'm going to be sick. This stirs such strong emotions that we think it is worth attacking each other. Yet, nothing in six pages of posts truly addresses this problem.

And I don't know if it can.

First, blaming government, circumstance, parents, other kids, weather patterns, solar flares and any other external force is ignoring the facts. Everyone in this video KNOWS what they are doing is a CRIME. Quit making excuses for them. There comes a point in everyone's life where "He's such a good boy" and "He would never do that" quits being an affirmative defense, despite what the ACLU thinks.

Apathy begets apathy - when was the last time you didn't report a crime because you "didn't want to get involved?" Did you vote every election? So who is responsible for government? Parents come the closest to being the cause, but we all grow up knowing what is right and wrong, and EVERY one of these people knew that there was a price on these items and a clerk in front of the store to collect money from them. They conspired to commit theft - that is obvious by the speed at which they did it. It was obviously planned.

Has anyone truly looked at this from the store owner's point of view? Yes, he has insurance. and the more claims he files, the more his premiums climb. How does he determine what was stolen? The only accurate method is to close the store and inventory it - another ten hours of lost income. Oh wait, does 10 hours of store income exceed the total of what they stole? There's no way to know. What about the employees he is going to lose and have to keep replacing and the workman's compensation claims from trauma when these mob attacks scare the employee to death? The business issues are varied and complex and not as easy as a few stolen candy bars.

Now, as far as defending the store. The state I used to live in had a law that said a group of individuals, acting in unison, could be considered a deadly threat, even if unarmed. This means if the doors are locked and the clerk is then set upon by two or three of this group, or they start to tear the store apart thereby terrorizing the other customers and the clerk, the clerk has every right to fire on these urban terrorists. Since the clerk hit the alarm when they entered, the police should mitigate any long-term damage after the address is updated to "shots fired" status. This also means that if any of their acts can be considered "terrorizing," they fall under the authority of Homeland Security and become Federal Charges and the mob a federal matter.

The owner of the store, if he himself is behind the counter or has a clerk willing to be involved, can lock the doors, inform the group that they must pay for everything or be searched to be released. If anything violent starts, the clerk follows the law, retreating if necessary, then firing on the most aggressive attackers. The rest would most likely hide in the store or back room and everyone could be arrested by police. The dead and wounded and the involvement of Federal Law Enforcement would certainly mark the owner as one not to "Flash Mob" and go across the T.V. networks as a reason not to do it.

Is this the answer? No, it's AN answer. It's no answer. It's a possibility of circumstances. So is me becoming a millionaire by winning the lottery. But the fact is nothing changes without INVOLVEMENT by everyone. You have to vote. You have to care when you think you hear a woman's muffled cries in an alley and it occurs to you it might be rape. Individual responsibility promotes social responsibility promotes societal harmony.

You start pepper spraying in an enclosed area like that store and your costs will be much higher then the items that were stolen.
So it's really up to you, let them go or spend a few days with the store closed for clean up and lots of contaminated merchandise in the trash.

Right there, oh clever one. Maybe YOU shouldn't type words on your keyboard that you conveniently forget. (LOL!)

GG

Right there, oh clever one. Maybe YOU shouldn't type words on your keyboard that you conveniently forget. (LOL!)

GG

Holy cow I can't believe I typed that!!

No more typing on only three hours of sleep. Either that or dementia is setting in.

My apologies to you GG and WoodDoctor you both were in the right to chastise me for what I wrote. I hope you can forgive my mistake. :wacko:

No more typing on only three hours of sleep. Either that or dementia is setting in.

My apologies to you GG and WoodDoctor you both were in the right to chastise me for what I wrote. I hope you can forgive my mistake. :wacko:

Accepted.

Pepper spraying the whole place won't leave you with much. The vermin would run off (coughing and crying) and the police will still say that they can't tell who did what in the video. Then you would be left with nothing but clean up and damaged goods.
If you are going to do something it should be something that would leave a very negative message to the vermin.

Like any bully or bullies, one must fight back even if you lose. Once a bunch of people get a face full of Fox Labs pepperspray they won't be able to run fast and will remember the pain even if not caught. Word would spread and flash mobs would go to easier targets than the "Pepperspray Store".

BTW I am not a store owner. I do think it would be worth it for a store owner to fight back with pepperspray though and be known for it.

I carry Fox Labs (cause its the best & hurts the worst) pepperspray for my own protection in cases like flash mobs or attacks outside the Wisconsin Fairgrounds. These thugs are not just shoplifting stores, they are beating and robbing people in the streets, pulling people out of cars and attacking people enjoying sidewalk cafes. Usually a whiff of pepperspray will deter all but the most determined and dangerous criminals. If a mob keeps coming (which I highly doubt because I have used Fox Labs spray before and have myself been sprayed with it for training and I will never volunteer for it again!) it would be resonable to fear for ones life and take appropriate response. I wouldn't pop any rounds for property in a store but I wouldn't hesitate to start expending pepperspray.

I agree that pepper spray would do more damage in the long run.

Here is one if my thoughts, maybe someone can chime in on the legality.

tazer one, incapacitated on the floor. Have a semi automatic shotgun or pistol at the ready. If they flee, detain the one for police. If the mob charges start fighting. If you run out ammo, keep fighting.

From what I was taught, in hand to hand fighting against a group, focus on one person, start breaking fingers, guard your head, make that one person scream so much the others back off.

Maybe that is a little to aggressive...I think if pepper spray would work effectively, without destroying the rest of the merchandise, would be to make your way outside and start spraying them as they leave. That should slow them down enough for police to catch them hopefully.

Not a good case for an application of gunfire. In most States you can't shoot and possibly kill an attacker just to protect property.

Which kind of stinks cause these punks know that and they play with it.

Not a good case for an application of gunfire. In most States you can't shoot and possibly kill an attacker just to protect property.

NY allows the use of deadly physical force to thwart a burglary or robbery (NYS Penal Law S35.20)

No problems! Everyone steps on their own [deleted] once in a while. (Ya sure as hell ain't gettin' no virgin to THAT here! LOL!)

Don't mean nothin'! Ruck up! Carry on!

GG

Time to start pressuring a "rewrite" on some of the more ornerous ROEs, then.

Besides, it's a bit one sided to only allow the lawless the option of violence in the accomplishment of their crimes. ("Allow" in that the Law abiding are limited by ROEs. The lawless just ignore the ROEs. Same-same "gun control" legislation.)

Sometimes fighting fire with fire IS the only way to get the attention of the malcreants!

You get CCW types and "home defenders" to put a few dozen of these "flash mobsters" to pushing up daisys, I can guarantee that the behavior pattern will virtually dissappear, almost overnight. Leaving only the hardened criminal "home invaders" and various other BGs to deal with. (As we are at present.)

You have an observable "down side" of serious enough consequence to present to these "flash mobbers" and those that have at least a modicum of sence about them will take it to heart and find something else to do for "fun" on a Saturday night. As it is, they do it now because there is a high probability that they can "get away with it", with impunity.

You toss "death by gunfire" into their calculations for mischief, malace and fun..... it's a WHOLE different ball game. Just sayin'.

GG

Someone here mentioned Flash-bangs. I LIKE that idea! I can picture all those dirtbags either taking up a pose against the nearest wall they are all too familiar with, or all of them charging the door at the same time! They wouldn't know if they should sh!t or go blind! Imaging the human plug at the front door with all 20 or 30 of them hitting the door at the same time. All of their camaraderie displayed during the execution of the flash-mob would literally go out the door. It would cause a human stampede.

You might be able to accomplish the same thing with a couple of M80's. Of course you'd have to clean up the aftermath but personally I think it would be worth the entertainmnet! And if by any small possibility any of them draw a weapon because of the bang, they'd probably end up shooting some of there co-dirtbags.

What would you do as another customer if this happened in the store you were in?

who would stand up for what is right and confront them? Who believes its not their problem, and have no duty?

I wouldn't do a thing the law wouldn't be on my side!!!!! Its not worth the fight hell have at it these places have INSURANCE morons!!!!!!

MIL-SPEC 45:222186 said:
Its not worth the fight hell have at it these places have INSURANCE morons!!!!!!

What? Is name calling your strong point?

Edit: I'll add punctuation so it makes a little more sense. "It's not worth the fight. Hell, have at it. These places have INSURANCE. morons!!!!!!" (is that right? )

Now days in my State Oklahoma and my City Tulsa, you draw your firearm for any reason in public and you are on you'r own.
Myself I won't draw my firearm unless my life of family member are in real danger of harm.

What would you do as another customer if this happened in the store you were in?

who would stand up for what is right and confront them? Who believes its not their problem, and have no duty?

Try to stay out of the way. If, however, the "mob" tried to turn on me or mine....... show time!

GG

I wouldn't do a thing the law wouldn't be on my side!!!!! Its not worth the fight hell have at it these places have INSURANCE morons!!!!!!

... and who, pray tell, pays for the cost of business insurance in the long run, my rather limited intelligenced dim wit? Think it through, now. Careful, don't bust a blood vessel.... :sarcastic:

... and another "85" heard from.

GG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back