First Step: Gun Confiscation Letters Go Out In Connecticut...

Finally the N R A chimed in. Here's their response, that I just got notice of today via email:

NRA-ILA | Confusion Reigns as Gun Control Law Takes Effect in Connecticut; Meanwhile NRA Continues the Fight

In reading it, they "explain" why they haven't been visible. They state that the mere presence of their organization will cause a media frenzy and that people won't get a fair shake in court.

:crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot:

Finally the N R A chimed in. Here's their response, that I just got notice of today via email:

NRA-ILA | Confusion Reigns as Gun Control Law Takes Effect in Connecticut; Meanwhile NRA Continues the Fight

In reading it, they "explain" why they haven't been visible. They state that the mere presence of their organization will cause a media frenzy and that people won't get a fair shake in court.

:crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot:

NRAweinermobile.jpg

Here's what Mike Vanderboegh has to say about that letter:

Right. Well how about this, Cox? Why don't you seek an emergency injunction so PEOPLE DON'T GET KILLED WHILE YOU ARE PLAYING YOUR PUBLIC RELATIONS GAMES? Can NRA risk something of their precious reputation on THAT? These Lairds of Fairfax make me want too puke. Consistently. The only thing "no-compromise" about them is their flaccidity.

Hehe. He said "flaccidity." Funny and sad at the same time, because funny as the word is, it's so damned true, and that press release is proffer #infinity.

Blues

Hahahahaha! That's funny but moreover one of the greatest statements I've heard yet! I'm with you 100%. Don't stop till they have em all!

People who live in that cesspool, and own these types firearms, or ANY firearms for that matter, should really think about getting the hell out of there. I did much the same in Illinois 23 years ago. I'm very happy I did. I lost nothing, and gained everything by moving. FEWER gun laws, (Arizona), better climate, nicer home cheaper, lower cost of living, and a better job. There is no way I could ever comply with a law like that. So for me the answer is very simple. MOVE! This country is dividing more every day. I want to be on the correct side when it does. Now I am.

Last edited:
Ummmm....

Oxymoron or what...

Is there such a thing as "better gun laws? Or are you just not really understanding of your own post....?

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Give me a break! You know what I meant to say. Just what we need...Grammar Nazi's. I fixed it......You happy now?

Give me a break! You know what I meant to say. Just what we need...Grammar Nazi's. I fixed it......You happy now?

I'll be happier if you understood that ANY gun laws are an affront to our rights.
There is no "better" gun law, only varying degrees of suppression of ones God given rights.
You go on ahead and crow about your awesome gun laws though.
Me? I'll continue to work on getting the law of the land back to what the founding fathers envisioned.

Constitutional carry..

ETA;
Trust me, my state beats your state in the "better" gun law catagory...

Give it a rest no mind...I SAID IT WAS A GRAMMAR ERROR. Get it? Now go argue and smart mouth your wife. If you even have one. If so, please give her my deepest condolences. She'll need it the way you pick the fly $h!t out of the pepper. Jesus!

Give it a rest no mind...I SAID IT WAS A GRAMMAR ERROR. Get it? Now go argue and smart mouth your wife. If you even have one. If so, please give her my deepest condolences. She'll need it the way you pick the fly $h!t out of the pepper. Jesus!

Link Removed

Link Removed

No idea if this is credible/true, but I would not be surprised by it if it is.

It says right at the top of the page the following:

EDITOR’S NOTE: It has been pointed out that the source of this story is a satirical website. Unfortunately, the author of the site does not seem to understand satire. His stories are written like news articles and there is no way to know the site is satirical without reading the fine print. That said, it is practically a given that some of Connecticut’s cops have not properly registered their weapons, and are therefore felons. Whether it is 68% or 20% is a moot point.

Un-freakin'-believable! "Moot point???" It's a 100% phony story! How can anyone take any part of it seriously? Even beyond that though, how can anyone seriously assert that a 48% spread, if there were any way to substantiate it, which there ain't, but how on Earth could that wide a spread be a "moot point" under any circumstances? 20% of cops who could be shown to be on "our" side by refusing to follow unconstitutional laws is the same as 68% of the same mindset? I don't think so.

Why do people go to such irrational lengths to excuse cops who will follow CT's unconstitutional law and the orders of their superiors should those orders come down? I'm not even confident that if there were 68% of 'em that you could substantiate that a single one of 'em wouldn't leave their banned weapons/mags at home and still go out and enforce the law on lowly citizens. But a gun-rights website going to those lengths to excuse the enforcement of unconstitutional law is just over the top. We have truly walked through to the other side of the looking glass.

Oh, and this was debunked on the site already eight days ago. By me. In this very thread! Am I the only one who looks into things to find out if they're credible or not?

Blues

It says right at the top of the page the following:

Un-freakin'-believable! "Moot point???" It's a 100% phony story! How can anyone take any part of it seriously? Even beyond that though, how can anyone seriously assert that a 48% spread, if there were any way to substantiate it, which there ain't, but how on Earth could that wide a spread be a "moot point" under any circumstances? 20% of cops who could be shown to be on "our" side by refusing to follow unconstitutional laws is the same as 68% of the same mindset? I don't think so.

Why do people go to such irrational lengths to excuse cops who will follow CT's unconstitutional law and the orders of their superiors should those orders come down? I'm not even confident that if there were 68% of 'em that you could substantiate that a single one of 'em wouldn't leave their banned weapons/mags at home and still go out and enforce the law on lowly citizens. But a gun-rights website going to those lengths to excuse the enforcement of unconstitutional law is just over the top. We have truly walked through to the other side of the looking glass.

Oh, and this was debunked on the site already eight days ago. By me. In this very thread! Am I the only one who looks into things to find out if they're credible or not?

Blues
Did not realize the link went to the same site you commented on earlier. I offered no excuses on behalf of anyone. I still would not be surprised at all if a fair number of CT police officers had not complied the law, and would not be surprised if they behaved just as you describe.

Did not realize the link went to the same site you commented on earlier. I offered no excuses on behalf of anyone. I still would not be surprised at all if a fair number of CT police officers had not complied the law, and would not be surprised if they behaved just as you describe.

JCliff, I was commenting entirely on the quote from the blogger that posted. Except for drawing attention to the previous debunking, I was not directing the "irrational lengths" to you or Capt. Frank. I really tried to make that clear by saying, "But a gun-rights website going to those lengths to excuse the enforcement of unconstitutional law is just over the top." That whole post up to the last paragraph was in direct response to what I found at the link Capt. Frank posted, not to you or Capt. Frank personally.

Have you ever known me to shy away from naming whomever I have a problem with, if I have a problem with them? If I don't have a problem, I don't direct my reply to anybody other than who I do have a problem with.

No need to be defensive. I wasn't addressing you, I was addressing the part of the link that I quoted.

Blues

So I spent about four hours with Mike V. today. Figured a gun show was a good excuse to get together, and he announced on his blog that he was helping a friend by manning his table at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center for the Alabama Gun Collectors Association gun show. First AGCA gun show I've been to, and the first one at the BJCC I've been to also. It was like shades of LA gun shows. By Alabama standards, or at least N. Bama standards, it was HUGE. Sprung for a couple ammo cans at the show. That was all this time.

Don't think I've mentioned Mike's "Toys for Totalitarians" here before, but some of y'all may be interested in participating. The project started when he sent a 30-round mag to CO Gov. Hickenlooper after the ban on them went into effect there. His reason was two-fold; one, to show the guv. how easy it will be for subjects of his state to get standard capacity mags if they want 'em, and two, he also put a call into the State Police to inform them that he had personal knowledge that they would find a 30-round mag in the guv's office after he got notified that the registered package had been delivered. Nothing but harassment to give the guv. a feel for what he has wrought upon his citizenry, but not illegal for Mike to send from AL to people in the occupied territories, so he has no retribution other than empty threats to worry about from engaging in it.

He rinsed and repeated it for guvs. of NY, MD, and CT, and most recently has included NJ in his mailings (letters and Toys for Totalitarians). As the project caught a little attention from his readers, two classes of "Toys" were designated - freedom-fighter grade and tyrant grade, one, a new or near-new mag in good working order, and the tyrant grade working just good enough to qualify as an ammo delivery mechanism into the chamber of whichever tyrannically-regulated firearm it was made for so as to make it illegal for the official to be in possession of, but not working good enough to be reliable as a good defensive piece of gear. So you'll find addresses to send either class of mags if you're interested in participating at the link. Why not add to the 2 million+ as-yet unregistered mags in CT, and wish a Brother or Sister Patriot will use them in good health?

So Mike, another friend of his and I sat around talking at the table for about four hours. From that conversation I can say that I believe the confiscations have begun in CT. I won't go into detail, because there's a write-up in the works, but State Police have already visited homes demanding entry in search of guns. A well-respected blogger in the gun-rights blogosphere will be publishing about it in the coming days, and I will link it immediately when I see it.

I asked Mike how he thought it was going to end in CT, and it was about what I would've said too. He's not optimistic, especially in light of the above-referenced info. As calm as it may seem at present, there is a powder-keg sitting in CT just waiting for one side or the other to light the fuse. I pray the fuse stays cold, but if it gets lit, doesn't matter which side lights it, CT is not big enough to contain the explosion.

Blues

Connecticut Gun Confiscation, LawMakers List.

An associate sent this to me, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

An associate sent this to me, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Well, it certainly had the costumes and repetitive muzzle sweeping.

I didn't appreciate the names and addresses of the "hunted" being made public.

Looks like there is going to be blood spilled in the streets of Connecticut.

I do believe patriots from other areas may make a showing in that war.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back