First Step: Gun Confiscation Letters Go Out In Connecticut...

Having spent this weekend with a large number of LEO's working an event and discussing this action, almost all said they would not attempt to confiscate guns as they are gun owners themselves and would resist themselves under the second, this could get interesting. If I am going to be branded a felon, I will react as a felon.

And BTW Navy, Lt. Vance acknowledged the letter during the audio of the telephone conversation with the lady who's husband received one that I posted.

And also, "New London Connecticut newspaper The Day confirms that Connecticut State Police did, in fact, issue this letter:

The letters are not a warning but rather a notification that their application was rejected, according to state police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance.

“It just gives them their options,” he said. “Right now we’re just trying to help everyone abide by the law. There’s nothing more than that.”

The letter offers options on what to do: Render the weapon or magazine permanently inoperable, sell it to a licensed gun dealer, remove it from the state or make arrangements to hand it over to local or state police.

The letters, signed by Lt. Eric Cooke, commander of the special licensing and firearms unit, are being sent out even as the task of sifting through the thousands of applications and declarations continues.

The letter is real.

Blues

I have no doubt now that it is real, Blues. I'm not sure what it was about my post that set you off so much :sad:

On Megan Kelly tonight on Fox News several members of CT state gun owner organizations came on and flatly stated that they and their members had no intention of complying with the new law. One thing I have not seen mentioned was what the state intends to do in terms of prosecution and housing 10's of thousands of newly (and unjustly) created felons. If they intend to intimidate and prosecute a few to intimidate the many, how will that hold up in court as an act of selective prosecution (I'm no lawyer here). I personally believe that it may be dawning on them they've poked the dragon, call me an optimist. Among my personal friends including current and retired LEO's, everyone has expressed a very determined conviction and intent that we will not surrender our weapons, and I believe that is held amongst the majority of all but the most casual gun owner/2A rights supporters. How that will play out I can't say, but we must remain resolute and united as our forefathers did.

How do they know who to send letters to? My understanding is that a lot of people have AR's and there's no record of the purchase.

The letters went out to guys that attempted to register but were rejected for whatever reason. Perhaps they data mined old prescription records, or traffic tickets, or whatever.
It is certainly progressing to the point of turning ugly. Connecticut Carry - Press Releases

http://www.callthecops.net/connecticut-halts-plans-round-firearms-finding-cops-state-list/

Be nice if it were true, but.....

About Us

[URL="http://www.callthecops.net/about-us/"]Call the Cops[/URL]

This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact. Heck we tend to leave in spelling and grammer errors just to prove we is not the professional media. No reference of an individual, company, or government entity seeks to inflict malice or emotional harm.

Any statement made by authors on this page should not be considered the opinions of agencies they are employed by.

The letters went out to guys that attempted to register but were rejected for whatever reason. Perhaps they data mined old prescription records, or traffic tickets, or whatever.
It is certainly progressing to the point of turning ugly. Connecticut Carry - Press Releases

At this point it is unclear how many letters actually went out, but the list they were working from when it all started were those folks who got their registration applications in late (by only one day). That list consisted of a couple of hundred people, 106 of whom own "assault weapons" and I think it was 108 who own standard capacity magazines of more than 10 rounds. Of course, probably most of those two lists would go to the same people, so the true number is unknowable for the time being. Bottom line, the list was compiled entirely from those applications, all people who already volunteered the information that they owned prohibited weapons or magazines. The cops didn't have to lift a finger to investigate the first batch of targets of state tyranny.

Interestingly, the Executive Director of Connecticut Carry (your link) is Ed Peruta, the appellant in the 9th Circuit "win" in San Diego a couple of weeks ago. Here's Ed and the Director of CCDL talking about the CT situation on Fox just a couple of nights ago. (Sorry for the uber-bloated Fox News link - no one has uploaded it yet in lower resolution to YouTube or wherever that I could find).

Blues

For more recent info see: Pro-gun blogger warned: Pro-gun blogger warned: Cops and politicians in Connecticut 'want you dead' - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com. Retrieved Mar. 6, 2014, from Web site: Link Removed and Pro-gun blogger warned: Cops and politicians in Connecticut ‘want you dead’ |. Retrieved Mar. 6, 2014, from Web site: Link Removed.

For more recent info see: Pro-gun blogger warned: Pro-gun blogger warned: Cops and politicians in Connecticut 'want you dead' - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com. Retrieved Mar. 6, 2014, from Web site: Link Removed and Pro-gun blogger warned: Cops and politicians in Connecticut ‘want you dead’ |. Retrieved Mar. 6, 2014, from Web site: Link Removed.
Crapolla. Road apples.

The registration of these firearms was illegal in itself and was the one of the biggest acts of civil disobedience (rightfully so) ever. The good people of CT need to keep it up and refuse to give in.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

A pro-gun blogger claims threats from the government from an anonymous source (to readers)? No actual proof of any threat. Am I reading that correctly? I personally don't believe him.

You also don't know the blogger. I do. His name is Mike Vanderboegh who, along with Link Removed, broke the Fast & Furious government-sponsored gun-running scandal. He and Codrea (whom I don't know personally, but have followed his blog religiously since learning of his connection to Mike a couple of years ago) have many connections inside many LE agencies and legislatures, and Mike didn't paraphrase, didn't casually relate what was said to him via email, he quoted it. Of course he's not going to name his sources within the CT State Police! Are you kidding? You honestly believe that someone who works his sources to the point of exposing the Attorney General of the United States as a freakin' gun-runner for Mexican gangs should only be believed if he names his sources? Nixon would have served both his terms to completion under such a ridiculously restrictive journalistic standard.

Here's his blog-post where he quoted his sources. You may or may not know what led up to it. He's been making it quite uncomfortable for the tyrants in your neighbor-state. He was ahead of the curve in seeing what would happen when CT's Intolerable Act went into effect. He knew that a large percentage of owners of banned weapons would neither register them under the grandfather clause, or turn them in under the clauses that provided no grandfathering. Mike says it's about 85% of said gun-owners who have not complied. The two links in the post to which you originally replied put the percentage at 96%. Either way, CT is well into the 300K to 400K of citizens who have refused to comply. Mike, though not being particularly kind in his admonishments, has been completely honest with the state tyrants that they are asking for a war. Everything at this juncture points to the tyrants finally realizing the truth of Mike's warnings, as they have so far not lifted a finger to arrest a single soul, even though they have a list of over 200 who got their registration applications in late who all submitted sworn and Notarized affidavits replete with serial numbers, addresses and contact info attesting to their ownership and possession of banned weapons/magazines.

I've known Mike casually for several years. We're not friends per se, but we've met and conversed at various political events many times. If you find proof of him ever being caught in a publicly-made lie, post it up and I'll review it and maybe consider your calling BS on his quotes as having a foundation. For the time being though, I'll take the word of a man whom I know to be a tireless fighter for the rights of all Americans over your knee-jerk accusations just because of some impossible-to-attain standard of sourcing for a citizen-journalist whom you may not have ever heard of.

Blues

You also don't know the blogger. I do. His name is Mike Vanderboegh who, along with Link Removed, broke the Fast & Furious government-sponsored gun-running scandal. He and Codrea (whom I don't know personally, but have followed his blog religiously since learning of his connection to Mike a couple of years ago) have many connections inside many LE agencies and legislatures, and Mike didn't paraphrase, didn't casually relate what was said to him via email, he quoted it. Of course he's not going to name his sources within the CT State Police! Are you kidding? You honestly believe that someone who works his sources to the point of exposing the Attorney General of the United States as a freakin' gun-runner for Mexican gangs should only be believed if he names his sources? Nixon would have served both his terms to completion under such a ridiculously restrictive journalistic standard.

Here's his blog-post where he quoted his sources. You may or may not know what led up to it. He's been making it quite uncomfortable for the tyrants in your neighbor-state. He was ahead of the curve in seeing what would happen when CT's Intolerable Act went into effect. He knew that a large percentage of owners of banned weapons would neither register them under the grandfather clause, or turn them in under the clauses that provided no grandfathering. Mike says it's about 85% of said gun-owners who have not complied. The two links in the post to which you originally replied put the percentage at 96%. Either way, CT is well into the 300K to 400K of citizens who have refused to comply. Mike, though not being particularly kind in his admonishments, has been completely honest with the state tyrants that they are asking for a war. Everything at this juncture points to the tyrants finally realizing the truth of Mike's warnings, as they have so far not lifted a finger to arrest a single soul, even though they have a list of over 200 who got their registration applications in late who all submitted sworn and Notarized affidavits replete with serial numbers, addresses and contact info attesting to their ownership and possession of banned weapons/magazines.

I've known Mike casually for several years. We're not friends per se, but we've met and conversed at various political events many times. If you find proof of him ever being caught in a publicly-made lie, post it up and I'll review it and maybe consider your calling BS on his quotes as having a foundation. For the time being though, I'll take the word of a man whom I know to be a tireless fighter for the rights of all Americans over your knee-jerk accusations just because of some impossible-to-attain standard of sourcing for a citizen-journalist whom you may not have ever heard of.

Blues
Are there people who might threaten him? Yes. But its written as if the entire state is gunning for him. I called a friend last night who's a CT state police officer. He never heard of the guy. So he may have some people who hate him and want him dead, but then many of us have enemies. I don't lose a wink of sleep over the pedophiles that have threatened me.
I think his efforts should be applauded because he takes the bull by the horns. And most people won't go as far as he. But a lot of CT residents are gun owners. A real lot. Handgun permits are very common and I've done a handful of permits and training for people in CT. It's about 28 miles to the CT border from my home. The state is not as anti-gun as people think. Once again its the liberal outgrowth from NYC that populates into Greenwich, Stamford, etc. Exactly what happened in lower NYS. It's changing the state's political makeup because liberals and dems will always vote, even when they have no candidate.

Are there people who might threaten him? Yes. But its written as if the entire state is gunning for him. I called a friend last night who's a CT state police officer. He never heard of the guy. So he may have some people who hate him and want him dead, but then many of us have enemies. I don't lose a wink of sleep over the pedophiles that have threatened me.

For the record, Mike's never lost a wink of sleep over any threats he's received from government, up to and including Bill Clinton, Eric WithHolder and the tyrants in CT. He invites their contempt and threats, and wears them like a badge of honor. One of my favorite quotes of his from the steps of the CT Capitol Building last April was (paraphrased): "It is better to be despised by the despicable than to be admired by the admirable!" I think he said he was quoting someone else, but that's definitely how he approaches his role as a liberty activist. He couldn't care less what threats ensue from despicable tyrants.

I think his efforts should be applauded because he takes the bull by the horns. And most people won't go as far as he. But a lot of CT residents are gun owners. A real lot. Handgun permits are very common and I've done a handful of permits and training for people in CT. It's about 28 miles to the CT border from my home. The state is not as anti-gun as people think. Once again its the liberal outgrowth from NYC that populates into Greenwich, Stamford, etc. Exactly what happened in lower NYS. It's changing the state's political makeup because liberals and dems will always vote, even when they have no candidate.

I think Mike probably believes at least as strongly as you, maybe even more so, that there's enough pro-gun sentiment in CT to make it a formidable obstacle to the state actually accomplishing through enforcement what their government has set in motion through legislation. Have you seen the video of Mike's speech in Hartford last April? He believes so much in CT gun-owner's abilities to defeat the Intolerable Act that he went there and spoke directly to them explaining how they can defeat it. By standing on the steps of the Capitol Building while doing it, he spoke directly to the tyrants and their enforcers too. If you've never heard it, listen up, this is what principled defiance of tyranny sounds like:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back