first gun show this weekend

Uscgeng69

Heading to my first gun show this weekend. Since I've never been, are there good deals to be had? Or just a waste of time with overpriced stuff?

Just take your time don't buy the first thing you want because you will probably find it cheaper I go threw the whole show first then go back and shop

A gun show is always exciting...and even more so if you are really interested in guns and accessories. Take your time...don't buy on impulse. Eat before you leave the house or before you enter the building. A hungry stomach leads the hungry brain. You can think more straight if your stomach is full. With a stomach full, you can allow yourself to procrastinate....or not.:biggrin:

It depends which group is putting it on. They are a lot of fun! If I am looking for something particular, I check prices on the internet first and write them in my notebook to take to the show. Gun show prices are not always the cheapest prices. Enjoy the show!!

Heading to my first gun show this weekend. Since I've never been, are there good deals to be had? Or just a waste of time with overpriced stuff?

Yes to everything you said, good deals can be had, and you can get screwed if your not careful, word to the wise do not buy on impulse no matter how cool it may look, and if possable maybe bring a bud with you that knows guns well

i'm going to the fort lauderdale gun show this may 5th in hopes to get my ccw and look at all the stuff they have too i probably won't buy anything yet as entrance is $8 the ccw class is $50 and the application to the state for the permit is about $120 so that will be alot of money already but if i'm going to carry i will be needing stuff for sure perhaps two good holsters a gun belt and lots of ammo to practice with
i'm finding range fees can get costly as well i'm also in the market for a good gun cleaning kit esp being i'm going to have to get out to the range and practice up a few times a month till i get comfortable and at least once a month later and from what i'm seeing ammo not cheap either but still if i need it someday to save my life it will be money worth spent for certain
as it stands now all i have is an old browning 380 i've kept by my bed for years in an old case and an extra magazine for it and a half box of bullets for it so i'm in the market for holsters belts ammo a gun cleaning kit and whatever else i find i may need just to get me started after i get the permit:neo:

I always enjoy going to a gun show even if I do not make a purchase.

But as others have said go through all displays..Then go back to the display with the best price.

So ive decided I want to look at picking up a ruger 10/22. What kind of price point should I be looking at? Looking for a stock synthetic model. Want to mod myself.

It depends what you are looking for. You may find some ammunition varities being slightly cheaper. The ones I have been to recently have more military surplus stuff, which I have recently become more interested in.

It pays to do your homework before you go. Whether I buy something or not, I usually have a good time because I always can find another enthusiast to talk to.fill your pockets with trail mix and bring something to drink. the food vendors at gun shows will rape you on prices. If you see something unique, grab it if you like it. You may not see another. Have fun.

I really enjoy going, sometimes deals can be had, other times no. beware of fraud, though. I stood in line with a couple boxes of ,223 wssm once in the original box, that were way cheap. Fortunately, lines were long, I got bored and opened the box, realized they were reloads placed back in the original box.
That was one of my first gun shows. I know better now. Nothing against reloads, but at least they should be marked as such.

Gun shows were a lot of fun for me back in the 80s and early 90s. And the best deals were found in the parking lots. Here today (in the MidSouth area) all of the gun shows I have been to are put on by the same organization and have pretty much the same tired vendors with the same overpriced guns.

Great place to shop but usually a little overpriced on the sticker. You can always haggle. I like to go to have hands on with different holsters and pistols. Most of the vendors around here include the sales tax in the price but not all so you have to ask. If you have something to trade you will get more for it at a gun show than a gun shop or at least that has been my experience. Just remember if the price is close your local gun shop will provide some kind of customer service, at the gun show once you pay they are done with you.

So ive decided I want to look at picking up a ruger 10/22. What kind of price point should I be looking at? Looking for a stock synthetic model. Want to mod myself.

Just to give you a idea, Wall Mart has them for around $200 to $215 or something like that, depending on the style

I enjoy looking but have yet to buy anything over $20.00. I found the vendors to be rude and prices were super high. More power to them as they put in a ton of hours and invest money to make a profit. Seems to be the same guys selling the same stuff at the three shows I've been to in the last four months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back