FDLE: Crime in Florida drops to 39-year-low

KimberPB

I'm not going to say that they have anything to do with one another but permits/gun sales are way up and crime is at a 39 year low..... hmmmm. I will say that this kinda blows away the anti's "streets are going run with blood" or "it's going to be the wild west" argument.

Link Removed

TALLAHASSEE - The Florida Department of Law Enforcement says the state's overall index crime rate has dropped to a 39-year low.

The FDLE released its annual uniform crime report Wednesday. The report says the overall index crime rate declined by 6.4 percent in 2009 compared to 2008.

The number of violent crimes (murder, forcible sex offenses, robbery and aggravated assault) committed in Florida dropped 10 percent last year; the number of non-violent crimes (burglary, larceny, and motor vehicle theft) decreased 6.2 percent.

The FDLE said the number of murders in Florida dropped by 12.9 percent in 2009 and the number of forcible sex offenses dropped by 5.5 percent.

They said declines were also seen in the other five index crime categories: robbery (-14.8 percent), aggravated assault (-8.4 percent), burglary (-3.5 percent), larceny (-5.3 percent), and motor vehicle theft (-20.9 percent).

The number of reported domestic violence offenses increased by 3 percent. Spouses and cohabitants continue to account for more than half the victims of domestic violence crimes. Domestic violence offenses accounted for 40.7 percent of comparably reported violent crimes. Approximately one-fifth (20.4 percent) of all murders were domestic violence-related incidents.

All the BGs in Florida logged onto USACarry and saw the thread "I swear this is the last one"...

Scared them sh!tless..:fie:

Perhaps as the number of LTC, CCW permits or what ever name they call them by in your area, continue to increase the crime numbers will continue to drop. Then the anti-gun town criers will no longer have that argument to lean on... The numbers don't lie...

Peace...

All the BGs in Florida logged onto USACarry and saw the thread "I swear this is the last one"...

Scared them sh!tless..:fie:

Perhaps as the number of LTC, CCW permits or what ever name they call them by in your area, continue to increase the crime numbers will continue to drop. Then the anti-gun town criers will no longer have that argument to lean on... The numbers don't lie...

Peace...

LOL you may be right. :sarcastic:

Last I heard we were close to the 700,000 mark for active permits.

I think it has a lot to do with it. The more armed citizens=less crime or more dead criminals.

I would love to see many of the 700,000 permit holders show up in DC on the 19th. In fact I would love to see all the new permit holders from Jan 2009 until now show up.

That would be a site almost as good as the cute guns in the sexy poses lying around in the garden.. :laugh:

Peace...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back