Do you still conceal carry into posted "No Carry" businesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link Removed

I don't carry a weapon to keep you from becoming a victim. If you won't take that responsibilit on yourself I'm not taking it for you.

I'm trying to think but I can't remember anyplace I go that's posted. Malmstrom but that's not often.

If you're defenseless without a gun your training sucks

Just thought I would throw out there a gun-free zone I never previously knew about. All postal service properties are gun-free and do not post any signs telling anyone this. You can be arrested for even driving on the property or having your gun in your vehicle. Amazingly this even extends to any public sidewalk connected to a post office.

Just thought I would throw out there a gun-free zone I never previously knew about. All postal service properties are gun-free and do not post any signs telling anyone this. You can be arrested for even driving on the property or having your gun in your vehicle. Amazingly this even extends to any public sidewalk connected to a post office.

I've never walked into a Post Office that wasn't prominently posted no firearms

On private property, business specifically, I know there are several where guns are not permitted, but there is NOT a "conspicuous" sign stating that fact, so I carry.

NC does not have a specific sign law, and states that the sign only needs to be "conspicuous". Example, several mall entrances are not posted, or if you enter through a store entrance that is not posted.

In Texas, the laws defining correct signage are very clear, but I don't care if they have the correct 30.06 or 30.07 signs posted or just a piece of paper done in crayon. I will respect the property owners wishes and spend my money elsewhere.

I see some are still extremely CONFUSED about the difference between someones rules and their RIGHTS.... they are two entirely different things... no matter how badly you wish them to be the same....

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Please cite the section of the US Code that you would be charged under for carrying in an UNPOSTED Post Office, or on the sidewalk adjoining that is not postal property? You won't be able to, because there is no such law...

I see some are still extremely CONFUSED about the difference between someones rules and their RIGHTS.... they are two entirely different things... no matter how badly you wish them to be the same....

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Indeed. Some folks cannot understand that property owners have the right to make rules that govern who has, and who hasn't, permission to enter their property. And some folks cannot understand that the property owner's right to either give, or deny, permission to enter his property is just as much a valid right and deserving of as much respect as the right to bear arms.

I understand perfectly well what you are stating.
I bring my gun everywhere I go and yes, some of those places are gun free zones.
Tough crap. I'm not going to be a victim because of your ignorance on guns as a business owner..

I bring my gun everywhere I go and yes, some of those places are gun free zones.
Tough crap. I'm not going to be a victim because of your ignorance on guns as a business owner..
I find it ... interesting... that some folks will proudly tout how they are exercising their right to bear arms by sneaking a gun into/onto private property where the store owner has exercised his property right to deny entry to those who have guns while justifying sneaking in a gun by saying they refuse to be a victim yet they insist on shopping where there is a greater chance of being a victim could it be they are hoping for a chance to whip out their element of surprise concealed gun and heroically save the day?
and increasing the anti gun business owner's profits by buying stuff from that anti gun business owner helping that anti gun owner open yet another gun free store for the gun carrier to complain about.

I find it ... interesting... that some folks will proudly tout how they are exercising their right to bear arms by sneaking a gun into/onto private property where the store owner has exercised his property right to deny entry to those who have guns while justifying sneaking in a gun by saying they refuse to be a victim yet they insist on shopping where there is a greater chance of being a victim could it be they are hoping for a chance to whip out their element of surprise concealed gun and heroically save the day?
and increasing the anti gun business owner's profits by buying stuff from that anti gun business owner helping that anti gun owner open yet another gun free store for the gun carrier to complain about.

Exactly right.
First there is the total disregard of rights of the property owner.
Then the fact that you are funding an anti gun business buy purchasing from them.
And then there is the possibility of being discovered carrying and adding one more point to the anti gun crowds already bad opinion of us.

I see no positive virtues in ignoring the property owners wishes. Just get the chip off of your shoulder, move on and buy from businesses that are owned and run by like minded people that respect the 2nd.

It's not like you've never read these posts before the only thing missing is the sig line about poking a wolverine in the balls

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
It's not like you've never read these posts before the only thing missing is the sig line about poking a wolverine in the balls
Sadly those kinds of posts where the gun carrier gets all self righteously indignant about his right to bear arms being disrespected while he intentionally disrespects the private property rights of someone else are all too common.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

You might want to wait to get drunk until AFTER you've shut the computer down.
Drunken forum posting is never a good idea.

Sadly those kinds of posts where the gun carrier gets all self righteously indignant about his right to bear arms being disrespected while he intentionally disrespects the private property rights of someone else are all too common.

You're missing my point.

I too carry everywhere I don't care what the signs say, I will not subject myself to be treated like cattle and to be grouped in a place where there is no guarantee for security but they want you to trust them and sure I'll disarm and leave it to you that you'll keep the area safe but if there's a shooting or someone with a knife who's going to defend me and my family? Or do we have to wait until the Police come? Well that's ********!! If you put up a sign "Gun Free Zone" Then you must keep on premises Armed Security so just in case something happens they can be called to action an we wouldn't have to wait the 5-15 minutes for the people to come and then get set up!!! Still I still feel Most of the shooting over the past 10 years could have been avoided if someone had a gun.

These businesses and gun-free zones are a really big pet peeve of mine and one of the main reasons I've decided to renew my CCW permit after nearly 20 years since Ive last carried. I think if any business or government law/ordinance is going to restrict or limit a persons right to defend themselves then they should assume the responsibility of that persons well being. I think any CCW permit holder who gets injured at such a location should sue. Looking at recent examples around the country every single one of these mass shooting has been at a gun-free zone. The one in Orlando club shooting where no patron was allowed to the right to bear arms under the assumption that the business and the local police would protect them and it took 3 hours for the police to actually enter the building to do so. I realize its an individuals choice to enter these zones/buildings in the first place but this is with the expectation that the establishment is not negligent in your safety. Overall I just think (win or lose) if these businesses or government agencies accumulate enough lawsuits against them they will relent on some of these upsurd gun control laws.

Just to add there are a couple states currently who are considering laws to allow CCW holders the right to sue exactly for this. Where as I am glad to see this I dont really see the need for it to be a law to say you have a right to sue for someone else negligence in getting your hurt.

New Law Makes Owners Liable for Gun-Free Property | LawNewz
Tennessee Makes Proprietors Of Gun-Free Zones Responsible For Injury While Disarmed

A new Tennessee law went into effect on July 1, aimed at protecting gun owners who leave their weapons behind to go to gun-free areas. Senate Bill 1736 added the statute, which deals with property where the land owner prohibits the possession of guns on the premises.

Existing Tennessee law allows the owners of certain properties to bar guns if they put up a posting declaring it. The new law says that an owner who chooses to do this “assumes absolute custodial responsibility for the safety and defense” of someone who has a gun carry permit who left their weapon behind to visit the property. It says that the owner is responsible for the gun permit holder while they are on the property, and when they are traveling to and from wherever they leave their gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back