Detained for Open Carry, Portland, Maine 26MAY2012

Hard headed is certainly not a farce but nothing I've said is erroneous...but as it pertains here, an investigation was in full force to answer a complaint of a MWAG. There's no liability to secure the firearm. There WOULD be liability to shrug it off and dire circumstances ensued if the OP was a criminal. Call up the Maine AG's office if you would like.

Everything you posted was to put it kindly ........... erroneous. The Maine AG's Office has nothing to do with SCOTUS decisions ....... other than follow and enforce them. Yours is a common problem with LE wannabe's, you make claims you can't backup. I'd suggest you look up the court decisions that are referenced in the video but you'd only claim that you know better and continue to post your bs.

SGB:317165 said:
Hard headed is certainly not a farce but nothing I've said is erroneous...but as it pertains here, an investigation was in full force to answer a complaint of a MWAG. There's no liability to secure the firearm. There WOULD be liability to shrug it off and dire circumstances ensued if the OP was a criminal. Call up the Maine AG's office if you would like.

Everything you posted was to put it kindly ........... erroneous. The Maine AG's Office has nothing to do with SCOTUS decisions ....... other than follow and enforce them. Yours is a common problem with LE wannabe's, you make claims you can't backup. I'd suggest you look up the court decisions that are referenced in the video but you'd only claim that you know better and continue to post your bs.

I'm not a LE wannabe. If you're going to throw insults then goodnight and you can continue to lack credibility in your posts and ideologies.

I agree with the OP and his right to carry openly with being harassed or suspected. NO P.C. for the stop then the stop isn't legal. BUT-AND THIS IS A VERY BIG BUTT.

The Ole Cop once said "Ya can beat me in a court of Law, but ya sure as hell ain't gonna beat the ride to jail"

I do believe that Tact and Diplomacy should always prevail. With that said, I've not yet been stopped while OC'ing. Not really sure how I would respond. I have no problem with showing ID but there must be P.C. for the stop or field interview.

mappow:317181 said:
I agree with the OP and his right to carry openly with being harassed or suspected. NO P.C. for the stop then the stop isn't legal. BUT-AND THIS IS A VERY BIG BUTT.

The Ole Cop once said "Ya can beat me in a court of Law, but ya sure as hell ain't gonna beat the ride to jail"

I do believe that Tact and Diplomacy should always prevail. With that said, I've not yet been stopped while OC'ing. Not really sure how I would respond. I have no problem with showing ID but there must be P.C. for the stop or field interview.

I agree with your reasoning. I believe in this situation it was mentioned that the LEO was answering a complaint and subsequently located the OP as the suspect possessing the gun. PC for the field interview, not unlike a LEO getting a report of an erratic vehicle in which the complaint itself is PC to pull the vehicle over...at least that's the law here in Maine.

I'm not a LE wannabe. If you're going to throw insults then goodnight and you can continue to lack credibility in your posts and ideologies.

vxcfh4_th.jpg
............. Ok, you sheepdog you
j8jvcy_th.jpg

I agree with your reasoning. I believe in this situation it was mentioned that the LEO was answering a complaint and subsequently located the OP as the suspect possessing the gun. PC for the field interview, not unlike a LEO getting a report of an erratic vehicle in which the complaint itself is PC to pull the vehicle over...at least that's the law here in Maine.

Did you learn that in sheepdog school? If so you need to ask for you're money back ......... see Terry v Ohio to start with there Mr. sheepdog.

wow that was you good someone posted that vid in another thread too
glad you stood your ground and nice follow up letter
let us know how they respond
best to you

SGB:317219 said:

vxcfh4_th.jpg
j8jvcy_th.jpg

Did you learn that in sheepdog school? If so you need to ask for you're money back ......... see Terry v Ohio to start with there Mr. sheepdog.

Its a good start SGB. Since there is suspicion here. But go ahead and put your own spin on it if that makes u feel better.

Hmm, I don't see it just because you are carrying" oc" does not mean that you are a threat to people on the S.T. These (nut jobs) going out and causing harm are going to do this with or with out a permit. We have had a number of shoot in Madison Wiscomsin, an non of them will have a ccw permitt envolved but our MEDIA will not say so.

of course the media won't expound on that they want the good citizens to shun guns
and we all know what happens to citizens whose guns rights were taken...........they were rounded up and killed in many countries around the globe .......

vxcfh4_th.jpg
j8jvcy_th.jpg

Seems to be a lot of of childish remarks and name calling in your post. Not just in this thread either. I really hope that this is not the norm of the forum and it is just a bad day.

It seems that by most, if not all of your post you must be the “Head Forum Troll” here. Is that correct? By your childish remarks and your name calling I will just assume it is.

Your assumptions are wrong. How about a little bit more time on the forums before you start assuming about other very active members.

Your assumptions are wrong. How about a little bit more time on the forums before you start assuming about other very active members.

Just because I have not posted or registered does not mean I have not been here reading.

But, you are right. I should not be so quick to judge. Maybe it is just the way he is but the name calling is childish and so are some of the comments that I have went over. I will go back and change the wording of my post.

edit: Changed my orig. post to not sound like a jackass.

MRHancock:317325 said:

Never said anything about any other member. Just because I have not posted or registered does not mean I have not been here reading.
But, you are right. I should not be so quick to judge. Maybe it is just the way he is but the name calling is childish and so are some of the comments that I have went over. I will go back and change the wording of my post.

True I pluralised when I should have used a singular. As far as the bad day on the forum, there are some topics that always get heated: CC vs OC, OC in general, anything to do with police authority, one in the chamber, notifying an LEO, Zimmerman vs Trayvon. If you say you have been reading for some time, I would of expected you to know about this all ready...well you do now, enjoy it. If it weren't for differencs in the world...life would be pretty boring.

BTW, just to make it clear, I am in 100% agreement with SGB. I hope one day you aren't forced to defend yourself from being victimized by an LEO, and choose to be proactively fighting for your rights now while you have a chance to maul it over.

Seems to be a lot of of childish remarks and name calling in your post. Not just in this thread either. I really hope that this is not the norm of the forum and it is just a bad day.

NOW you're going to pretend to clime on your high horse, too late sparky. Check Flanmedic51's posts, he pompously labels himself a sheepdog, as his posts and ignorance of the law label him a LE wannabee. You or anyone else posts pretentious erroneous bs that you can't support and you'll get called on it. My good friend Flanmedic51 is a self proclaimed sheepdog who's posts show strong LE wannabee leanings ....... Just the way I see it. Flanmedic and I see nothing in common, I suspect you and I will follow a similar path.

Just because I have not posted or registered does not mean I have not been here reading.

edit: Changed my orig. post to not sound like a jackass.

Too late, good news is no one (certainly at least I) cares. We are what we are.
2ceq3xt.jpg

NOW you're going to pretend to clime on your high horse, too late sparky. Check Flanmedic51's posts, he pompously labels himself a sheepdog, as his posts and ignorance of the law label him a LE wannabee. You or anyone else posts pretentious erroneous bs that you can't support and you'll get called on it. My good friend Flanmedic51 is a self proclaimed sheepdog who's posts show strong LE wannabee leanings ....... Just the way I see it. Flanmedic and I see nothing in common, I suspect you and I will follow a similar path.

2ceq3xt.jpg

But like you said "YOU DONT CARE". Your last comment only confirms my first impression of you. I realized this was a heated topic and I should not have posted what I did so I was man enough to admit it and go back and change it. Figures you cannot be man enough to accept that I realized I was wrong and corrected myself, which I did not have to do. I was hoping by doing so it would calm the waters and we could have some great conversation in the future because I have seen some great post from you. I am not here to argue or call names but to discuss the passion I have with firearms like many others.

Since I am sure you think I am not intelligent or worthy enough for any type of conversation with you I will make every effort to steer clear of you and your topics and I will expect you to do the same.

Mike

True I pluralised when I should have used a singular. As far as the bad day on the forum, there are some topics that always get heated: CC vs OC, OC in general, anything to do with police authority, one in the chamber, notifying an LEO, Zimmerman vs Trayvon. If you say you have been reading for some time, I would of expected you to know about this all ready...well you do now, enjoy it. If it weren't for differencs in the world...life would be pretty boring.

BTW, just to make it clear, I am in 100% agreement with SGB. I hope one day you aren't forced to defend yourself from being victimized by an LEO, and choose to be proactively fighting for your rights now while you have a chance to maul it over.

I have read these topics and understand that they are more than just heated. I was out of line and admitted it and went and corrected my post. I didn’t want step on any toes because I did not finally register to piss any one off on my first couple of days posting.
With that said I want to say thank you for pointing out my post because it was wrong and needed corrected.

Mike

But like you said "YOU DONT CARE". Your last comment only confirms my first impression of you. I realized this was a heated topic and I should not have posted what I did so I was man enough to admit it and go back and change it. Figures you cannot be man enough to accept that I realized I was wrong and corrected myself, which I did not have to do. I was hoping by doing so it would calm the waters and we could have some great conversation in the future because I have seen some great post from you. I am not here to argue or call names but to discuss the passion I have with firearms like many others.

Since I am sure you think I am not intelligent or worthy enough for any type of conversation with you I will make every effort to steer clear of you and your topics and I will expect you to do the same.

Mike

I don't care that you made yourself look like a jackass, or that you worry about what faceless people on the internet think of you, guess that's a shame on me huh. I call it as I see it, if you need to take your ball and go home because you feel unworthy and lack sufficient intelligence to think before you post it's on you my friend.

MRHancock:317355 said:

2ceq3xt.jpg

Mike

I wouldn't sweat it Mike. Most I've had disagreements with don't lower themselves to the name calling and reduce their credibility. Obviously SGB doesn't have a clue about the term 'sheepdog' and assumes it to be something else. Too bad...and a supposed instructor too with a link to a website...ZERO credibility.

I wouldn't sweat it Mike. Most I've had disagreements with don't lower themselves to the name calling and reduce their credibility. Obviously SGB doesn't have a clue about the term 'sheepdog' and assumes it to be something else. Too bad...and a supposed instructor too with a link to a website...ZERO credibility.

j8jvcy_th.jpg

Coming from you that just means so much ......... sheep-dawg. Pius indignity makes me laugh.

I don't care that you made yourself look like a jackass, or that you worry about what faceless people on the internet think of you, guess that's a shame on me huh. I call it as I see it, if you need to take your ball and go home because you feel unworthy and lack sufficient intelligence to think before you post it's on you my friend.

You are right, I am unworthy and lack the intelligence to chat with you because I follow on simple rule in forums.....

"never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back