Criminal Use of Electronic Weapons

In the past two months I have been told by no less than 15 people that they purchased a Taser on the advice of others as an alternative to a handgun or other firearm... Well folks, for a civilian to employ a Taser you are in fact using Deadly Force, same standard as a Handgun or other Firearm. The outcome for the victim may be less but you will be treated as using Deadly Force under Maine Law.

Title 17-A, §1004: Criminal use of electronic weapon

In the past two months I have been told by no less than 15 people that they purchased a Taser on the advice of others as an alternative to a handgun or other firearm... Well folks, for a civilian to employ a Taser you are in fact using Deadly Force, same standard as a Handgun or other Firearm. The outcome for the victim may be less but you will be treated as using Deadly Force under Maine Law.

Title 17-A, §1004: Criminal use of electronic weapon

What an idiotic law! ~SMFH~
I'll just bet that Trayvon Martin would have preferred it if Zimmerman would have been armed with a taser!

It's funny how some state laws state classify them as deadly weapons but the police can zap you with one for not signing a ticket. Just think how outraged the public would be if a cop discharged his firearm under a similar situation. Anyone who takes a hit from a Taser there is a chance that the high voltage shock could disrupt the normal sinus rhythm of the heart resulting in cardiac arrest. Hundreds of people have died from the use of Tasers.

If you feel threaten enough to taze someone, you might as well shoot them since the justification will probably be there. Tazing leads to civil liability too. But didn't ever research Maine's law....makes sense tho IMO. Thanks for the post.

I just can't find a TASER with a 5000 amp flow so I'll just keep to my .45. Although, a TASER might be a cleaner solution except for the bowl release that a high voltage shock induces.

''I'll just bet that Trayvon Martin would have preferred it if Zimmerman would have been armed with a Taser!''
i think i'd rather be stung with taser than shot! either way i'd prolly have a heart attack :shout::shout:
however this case is being used as a tool to try and plant seeds in morons minds that 'guns are bad' they kill people yada yada yuk
and we need to educate the public about how guns actually save lives... mainly your own!
proven fact is crime rates are lower when decent law abiding citizens are known to carry and in some places mandated and or encouraged yeah... facts need to overrule the fiction of the anti gunners as citizens must always have the freedom to protect and defend themselves in court and the street or where ever their feet may meet

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back