Control Freaks Love Psychiatry.....

BluesStringer

Les Brers
A recent exchange with a person whom I perceive to be one of Title-mentioned control freaks that abound in our country these days, got me to wondering what general consensus amongst gun owners and/or 2A rights advocates might be on the subject of psychiatry, since the aforementioned person tried in that exchange to validate and justify his characterizations/diagnosis of me and another poster as various terms and phrases that can only be associated with mental illness. My personal decades-long experience with a sibling who committed suicide at the end of being heavily controlled (I would even go so far as to say "tortured") by both the state (of WA) and her psychiatrists was used by this cretin to validate his diagnosis of me as "crazy." I guess this guy knows about a gene or something that runs in the veins of anyone with mental illness and all of their direct relatives, as he specifically asked me about my parents' and/or siblings' mental health history in an obvious attempt to paint me as equally mentally ill should I choose to answer his question, which I did, and which he gloated as having "guessed right" also.

Is anyone else aware of any such gene?

So I got to thinking.....Just the term "mental illness," especially when used within the gun-owning community, appears to give license to any unthinking, uncaring scoundrel who can illicit an admission of personal experience with it, whether personal to themselves or a loved one, to ridicule, condemn, advocate for stealing the rights of (disarm), and possibly even have them committed by the "law" with no more due process than that which is contained in the controlling NICS reporting rules that are currently in force. I have posted on this topic several times on this forum, so I'm no neophyte to the issues. This is just one among several where I've discussed the issues. These cretins who shout "disarm the mental defectives!" most likely have no Earthly clue how easy it can be to get on a list of mental defectives. The "adjudication" that is referred to in NICS can originate in anything from a state, county or municipal board, to an unspecified "other lawful authority," and never once pass in front of the eyes of any judge. Due process is whatever a state, county or municipal "lawful authority" says it is.

Do people who ridicule, condemn and want to deny the rights of others caught up in a system so devoid of constitutional due processes really care about the mentally ill, or their off-spring, or their siblings, if they so cavalierly engage in said ridicule, condemnation and calls for denial of rights? I mean, mental illness is an illness, right? If they really believed that the people they were addressing on boards like this were indeed mentally ill, would ridicule, condemnation and calls for their rights to be denied be appropriate human interaction, or would it be an indication of their belief in a monstrously huge, all-powerful government that is unrestrained by any words or thoughts within the Constitution, much less the unambiguous words, "shall not be infringed," as well as an indication of the absence of any degree of a desire to treat the mentally ill humanely left in their black souls? It is my considered opinion that they don't even fool themselves that they're qualified to talk about mental illness on an internet forum, but rather, only use it as a debate tactic to "win" an internet argument against people for whom they have developed an intense antipathy for in an exceedingly short time. Another indicator of an even worse kind of despicable control freak - one who would trade on the abject sorrow and grief of the survivors of the mentally ill just to win an argument on the internet. I can't think of a lower kind of troll than that.

Anyway, so that's what I was thinking about when I woke up today, so I went searching for some others' thoughts on disarming the mentally ill. Not too surprisingly, I found some that I agree with on sites that I frequent already. A commenter on The Captain's Journal blog had this to say in response to Gov. Christie's statements after vetoing a magazine capacity restriction bill last year, statements where he turned to the meme of mental illness rather than standard capacity mags to "address" violence committed with guns:

menckenlite said:
Control freaks love psychiatry, a means of social control with no Due Process protections. It is a system of personal opinion masquerading as science. See, e.g., Boston University Psychology Professor Margaret Hagan's book, Whores of the Court, to see how arbitrary psychiatric illnesses are. Peter Breggin, Fred Baughman and Thomas Szasz wrote extensively about abuses of psychiatry. Liberals blame guns for violence. Conservatives blame mental illness. Neither have any causal connection to violence. The issue is criminal conduct, crime. Suggesting that persons with legal disabilities are criminals shows the nonsensical argument of this politician and his fellow control freaks. Shame on them.

(emphasis added)

Also as I was searching, I ran across this video that clearly demonstrates the denial of rights that come out of reliance on psychiatry-based "laws." 1:54 of refusing to answer this woman's questions about why they were there, and then assaulting her, cuffing her face-down in her own home and questioning her after she said many times that the person they were there looking for wasn't there, before the cops explain that the person they were looking for had told a family member that she was going to kill herself. That was the entire pretext for what you see and hear this woman, not the one the cops were looking for, being put through for six and a half minutes. These four control freaks definitely love psychiatry, because it gives them all the pretext they need to abuse even those who are not accused or suspected of having mental problems.

Language Warning - NSFW:

Mental illness is a more recent medical science...and yes it's so broad it's easily abused.

This topic is probably too in depth and personal for many to want to engage...but maybe I'll be wrong and it will pick up...either way I have the thread tagged to see where it goes.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

There are multiple topics available to discuss. If anyone really wanted a serious discussion solely on mental illness, this is probably not the sub-forum or the thread in which to conduct it. My intent was to make people think about how the law and psychiatry combine to create a hostile-to-their-rights environment for anyone caught up in the due process-free systems government and law enforcement have (illegitimately in my view) appropriated for themselves. Thus why I put it in the LEO Encounters sub-forum and included a video that chronicles how easy it is for LEOs to ignore 4th and 5th Amendment protections with impunity because of those denials of due process.

Admittedly, I also took the opportunity to address some issues that were raised in another thread which relate not only to one specific poster, but to the widespread attitudes of people like him who believe that government is authorized under any rational reading of the Constitution to impose non-judicial denial of rights if they can loosely connect those denials to psychiatric concerns somehow. That that specific poster used the loosest of rationales to do that is really not the point. That government has appropriated for itself the power to take the judiciary out of denying someone's rights through various unelected administrative and literally any law enforcement agencies, is.

Blues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back