Concealed carry while consuming alcohol?

Just because you can doesn't make it right or safe!!

The Second Amendment protects All Rights!!

I only drink at home and very little at that!! Maybe you have the drinking problem!! I'm 56 yrs old and I've witnessed many people change after just a few drinks!!
it is well know that people who drink alone at home are the ones who usually have drinking disorders.

I only drink at home and very little at that!! Maybe you have the drinking problem!! I'm 56 yrs old and I've witnessed many people change after just a few drinks!!

Like I said, you seem to like to project your inadequacies onto other people.

If someone can't trust themselves to carry at a bac of 0.01 to 0.08, I don't trust them to carry at 0.00.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I'm going to assume you have case law examples to back this up right?

As for drinking and carrying in and of itself I guess I got brainwashed early on by NRA hunter safety, I don't do it.

You must be a lawyer or lawyer wannabe. No case law, just the laws of common sense and having lived 60 years without getting my ass in a sling yet. Try to imagine how the George Zimmerman trial would've turned out had he some booze in him. If you think that wouldn't have mattered, come back and tell me that in another 30 years after your common sense kicks in. To be fair, I was young once and more prone to making stupid decisions, but then I got older........ and I don't really want to be anyone's test case, so I just do what seems common sense to me and then I don't have to worry about if the law allows it or not. I just don't drink, except if I know I'm staying at home. The same reason I don't drink and drive a car.

You went from a general question to a specific situation, to which I ask, can't you go a couple hours without alcohol in order to keep yourself and family properly protected??

I have no idea who you are replying to here, but in case it's to my previous post about wanting a glass of wine on an anniversary dinner while being able to carry and protect my family, you apparently didn't read the whole thing. I clearly stated I do, in fact, go without any drinking. And yes, I went to a specific situation where I would like the opportunity to drink a glass of wine while carrying, one where I know I could be safe. I am very good at staying within my limits, as I have always absolutely hated being drunk.

Your quote says "The Second Amendment protects All Rights!!," but you seem to think we should lose this one if we wish to have even minuscule amounts of alcohol.

You must be a lawyer or lawyer wannabe. No case law, just the laws of common sense and having lived 60 years without getting my ass in a sling yet. Try to imagine how the George Zimmerman trial would've turned out had he some booze in him. If you think that wouldn't have mattered, come back and tell me that in another 30 years after your common sense kicks in. To be fair, I was young once and more prone to making stupid decisions, but then I got older........ and I don't really want to be anyone's test case, so I just do what seems common sense to me and then I don't have to worry about if the law allows it or not. I just don't drink, except if I know I'm staying at home. The same reason I don't drink and drive a car.

Your opinion is your opinion, not common sense.

If you think you know what would happen in a hypothetical situation with complete certainty you have a skill you are wasting away here.

how would it have gone for zimmerman if he was unarmed?

Your opinion is your opinion, not common sense.

If you think you know what would happen in a hypothetical situation with complete certainty you have a skill you are wasting away here.

Well then, why are you any different than I am then? I believe it's common sense stuff, you don't agree with me. Big deal. We both do as we want and have to live or die with the results. I happen to think I have a decent chance of survival if I drink and stay in my house is all. To me that is just common sense. If it isn't to you then that's fine with me.

You must be a lawyer or lawyer wannabe.

Why must he be a lawyer? He was just asking you to back your theory up with factual evidence. We've seen your same opinion expressed over and over again on the internet and nobody has been able to provide any evidence of it every being anything more than conjecture. Like open carry makes you and target and you will get shot first. I am double screwed when I eat dinner out because according to the theories when I open carry in my normal life, which includes routinely eating out once a month or so, having a couple of beers with dinner and continuing to open carry as I normally do...I should not only being getting shot at because of my gun, but also I should be losing in court when it will surely happen...according to the theories.

Where do we draw the "what-if" lines in our life? There are more documented cases of people getting killed with flower pots than some of the theories expressed on these threads. So what are you going to do to prevent yourself from getting killed with a flower pot?

Why must he be a lawyer? He was just asking you to back your theory up with factual evidence. We've seen your same opinion expressed over and over again on the internet and nobody has been able to provide any evidence of it every being anything more than conjecture. Like open carry makes you and target and you will get shot first. I am double screwed when I eat dinner out because according to the theories when I open carry in my normal life, which includes routinely eating out once a month or so, having a couple of beers with dinner and continuing to open carry as I normally do...I should not only being getting shot at because of my gun, but also I should be losing in court when it will surely happen...according to the theories.

Where do we draw the "what-if" lines in our life? There are more documented cases of people getting killed with flower pots than some of the theories expressed on these threads. So what are you going to do to prevent yourself from getting killed with a flower pot?

We can't prove our theories. There would have to be a test case for that. I don't want to be that test case. I'm not saying anyone should substitute my own judgement for their own. I don't have a need to be right. I am just commenting on my own beliefs. I like to reduce my risks of losing my freedom to live in society. I know for sure that if something bad were to happen and the libs who seem to own the courts, at least where I live, were to get wind that there was booze in me at the time, my future would most likely be toast. It's not a certainty, but it's a good bet. I also know for sure they can't use that against me if I choose to NOT have booze in me. That's all I'm saying here. Again, I don't expect everyone to substitute my decisions for their own. I really don't. If anyone got that impression, then I just want to clear this up now.

Not a lawyer, don't even play one on the internet. Peanut/ Soybean farmer with a B.A. in Agribusiness.

See that third word in your post? it's an awful big word

I just thought that sounded like something a lawyer might say is all. I am not a lawyer either, but I confess I do tend to think like one in the sense that I try to imagine what the worst case scenario might be in any decision and then a make decisions based on that. I'm often accused of over thinking things, but then I've managed to stay out of jail all these years so I suppose part of that is just dumb luck and part of it is how I make decisions. I was more likely to not think about things too much when I was a young man, I have to admit, which is where the dumb luck part came in....... Now that I'm older, I'm more uncomfortable pushing my luck I guess.

I have no idea, but as I've mentioned before, if I need to drink I'm not outside the house. Did you notice that is what I said or not read that far?

but you KNOW what would happen if he did have a beer before being attacked by the thug

We can't prove our theories. There would have to be a test case for that. I don't want to be that test case. I'm not saying anyone should substitute my own judgement for their own. I don't have a need to be right. I am just commenting on my own beliefs. I like to reduce my risks of losing my freedom to live in society. I know for sure that if something bad were to happen and the libs who seem to own the courts, at least where I live, were to get wind that there was booze in me at the time, my future would most likely be toast. It's not a certainty, but it's a good bet. I also know for sure they can't use that against me if I choose to NOT have booze in me. That's all I'm saying here. Again, I don't expect everyone to substitute my decisions for their own. I really don't. If anyone got that impression, then I just want to clear this up now.

What happens if you are at home, drinking when there is a home invasion at your house?
How does "booze" play out then?

Sent from behind enemy lines.

What happens if you are at home, drinking when there is a home invasion at your house?
How does "booze" play out then?

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Gee, I don't know, but chances might be better that the prosecutor and jury would be more sympathetic to me since I'd have been in my own home. What do you think?

but you KNOW what would happen if he did have a beer before being attacked by the thug

No way to know for sure, but if you are someone who can see around corners, you might avoid it yourself. I just like to reduce my risk of being in jail is all. Again, you and anyone else don't have to think like I do, it's ok with me. I don't know why this has turned into a pissing contest with everyone trying to get others to agree with them. I'm not trying to do that. I just said what I do in my life. No one else has to agree and I'm fine with it. Really I am.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back