Conceal a Hi-Point?

brockkl

Hi folks, quick question ; the Hi=Point 45 being such a huge weapon, are there any viable ways of carraying one concealed? I'm 6'1" about 250 pounds, so I'm not tiny. But I do like to wear shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.
You can do this all year in Florida. Is there a carry solution that won't make me look like I'm happy to see ya?
Anyone tried the cell/pda pal at concealcity.com

Thanks

Because of your size/body type, you may be able to efectively conceal that behemoth of a handgun.

Untucked shirt, shorts and sandals... what I wear daily in AZ when I'm not actively training on the range. You've got a few more pounds, but we're generally about the same size, and I've carried a Sig GSR concealed - so it's doable.

I'd recommend the Kholster full moon holster for CC for the following reasons:
It's custom made and relatively inexpensive, and offers a lifetime warranty/exceptional service.
The 'full moon' circle of cowhide backing ensures that no portion of the gun touches your body, which greatly increases comfort, especially on hot days when 'layering' your clothes isn't an option.
The Kholster full moon CC holster is completely adjustable. You can adjust the height, degree of cant, and then obviously the placement on your waistline.
For an IWB CC rig, it's insanely comfortable - especially once it's broken in. (Link Removed)

Crossbreed's Super Tuck is another outstanding CC holster to consider. (Crossbreed Holsters > Home)

Hope this helps and welcome to the site.

Hi folks, quick question ; the Hi=Point 45 being such a huge weapon, are there any viable ways of carraying one concealed? I'm 6'1" about 250 pounds, so I'm not tiny. But I do like to wear shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.
You can do this all year in Florida. Is there a carry solution that won't make me look like I'm happy to see ya?

Thanks

quote> I'd recommend the Kholster full moon holster for CC for the following reasons:
It's custom made and relatively inexpensive, and offers a lifetime warranty/exceptional service.
The 'full moon' circle of cowhide backing ensures that no portion of the gun touches your body, which greatly increases comfort, especially on hot days when 'layering' your clothes isn't an option.
The Kholster full moon CC holster is completely adjustable. You can adjust the height, degree of cant, and then obviously the placement on your waistline.
For an IWB CC rig, it's insanely comfortable - especially once it's broken in. (Kholster)

Crossbreed's Super Tuck is another outstanding CC holster to consider. (Crossbreed Holsters > Home)<quote

I have the Hi-Point 45 and have never even considered cc with it. I may take AZSATT's advice, too!

Thanks for the links azsatt. The Kholster looks strange, but comfortable. Almost like you could make it yourself.
You guys check out concealcity.com? I emailed the guy there, and he said it would work best with a single stack. I thought the HP was, just the top end is so fat. mbass, what does it look like when you stick that 45 down your shorts?

Conceal a hi-point? Why?

Sorry. My dad has one and I've determined it's best use would be an anchor. Sorry, but I would relegate it to range gun. Get something more reliable and smaller for CC.

Thanks!!

Conceal a hi-point? Why?

Sorry. My dad has one and I've determined it's best use would be an anchor. Sorry, but I would relegate it to range gun. Get something more reliable and smaller for CC.

Well. Thank you very much, for the useful contribution. Actually, I'm kind of curious. What's YOUR horror story?

Please read: here (long, but a good read) before looking down your nose at an inexpensive firearm.
I probably won't conceal this one, after I get a smaller, more concealable one. But not because of it's price, or supposedly unreliable, despite the incredibly good reviews I see all over the web. Because it's huge. Maybe someday it will be my plinking gun. But in this economy, and my paygrade, it's better to have a cheap gun than none at all.
Sure, I would love to start off with a true 1911, it's the gun I've wanted since I was in the Navy. But I don't have that kind of money lying around. IF I did, maybe I could be a snob too.
Sorry for flaming out, but I didn't get my Wheaties today.
:hang3:

Thanks for your support
Keith

Last edited:
Well. Thank you very much, for the useful contribution. Actually, I'm kind of curious. What's YOUR horror story?

Please read: here (long, but a good read) before looking down your nose at an inexpensive firearm.
I probably won't conceal this one, after I get a smaller, more concealable one. But not because of it's price, or supposedly unreliable, despite the incredibly good reviews I see all over the web. Because it's huge. Maybe someday it will be my plinking gun. But in this economy, and my paygrade, it's better to have a cheap gun than none at all.
Sure, I would love to start off with a true 1911, it's the gun I've wanted since I was in the Navy. But I don't have that kind of money lying around. IF I did, maybe I could be a snob too.
Sorry for flaming out, but I didn't get my Wheaties today.
:hang3:

Thanks for your support
Keith

I have had my HP .45 for 10 years and, other than when I got cheap and bought Wolfe ammom, have had not a single problem with it. If one doesn't get cheap ammo, one will not have a problem with this pistol.

I've had my HiPoint 45 and C9 AND 995 for 3 years now and have not had ANY problems. The 45 was my first, but now 3 years later I have "moved up". I needed something to Conceal. After going through 2 more firearms then a 3rd, I finally found a KelTec PF9 which is perfect for Me.....what fit Me best for My liking. I like the HP's BUT the handguns are just too big and bulky for me to conceal. Yeh, the HP May not be everyones favorite gun and They can knock them all they want BUT they are inexpensive, made in the USA, 100% Warranty, and last I checked had a 3% return rate. AND, I would bet My life with one.
As far as a holster for CC on the HP .45, don't know what to tell ya. I never even carried mine. Only out back to practice. I use a FOBUS HP-2 for the C9 though.
Sorry for going off topic a little.

too big to hide

I ended up ordering the Fobus HPPRP. I pretty much gave up on concealing them, they are so huge.
But the Fobus looks like a good holster, good retention, fast acting, and comfortable. At a decent price.
Thanks for your input everyone.

I've had my HiPoint 45 and C9 AND 995 for 3 years now and have not had ANY problems. The 45 was my first, but now 3 years later I have "moved up". I needed something to Conceal. After going through 2 more firearms then a 3rd, I finally found a KelTec PF9 which is perfect for Me.....what fit Me best for My liking. I like the HP's BUT the handguns are just too big and bulky for me to conceal. Yeh, the HP May not be everyones favorite gun and They can knock them all they want BUT they are inexpensive, made in the USA, 100% Warranty, and last I checked had a 3% return rate. AND, I would bet My life with one.
As far as a holster for CC on the HP .45, don't know what to tell ya. I never even carried mine. Only out back to practice. I use a FOBUS HP-2 for the C9 though.
Sorry for going off topic a little.

I bought the 995 about a year ago. Excellent rifle...
The return rate for HP is still 3% as of today!

Hi-Points are large, heavy and feel kind of cheap, but every Hi-Point review I've ever read has mentioned that they are accurate and totally reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to carry one if that's what my budget allowed. I got to play with one in .40 S&W at the range this past weekend.

Again sorry, not to go OFF Topic........Yes, the 995 is in fact a great rifle. VERY accurate and Fun to shoot. IF, and I say IF some of you folks out there who dislike Hi-Points then fine, BUT, You have too at least shoot one of these 995's if you ever get the chance. There is nothing wrong with "trying" one out. Don't worry, I won't tell your buddies.....:yu:
I bought the 995 about a year ago. Excellent rifle...
The return rate for HP is still 3% as of today!

you should get a universal clip draw and carry it your pants with out a holster if it's so huge just dont chamber a round if u do that. just practice racking back the slide when u draw the high point. I personally have nothing against the high points thier reliable as hell thier just horribaly ugly, and huge. other than that they do every thing the other guns do but cheaper.

Funny, I wasn't really interested in picking up a carbine, but you guys might change my mind. I heard they were going to make a 45. Any one heard about that? I like to buy as few different ammo's as possible.

Funny, I wasn't really interested in picking up a carbine, but you guys might change my mind. I heard they were going to make a 45. Any one heard about that? I like to buy as few different ammo's as possible.

Yes, they do have the carbine in a .45 model.

I have a Glock 26 for which I paid almost four-times the price of the HP C-9.
I would put the "shoot-ability" of the HP in equal standing with the Glock.
The difference, and the reason I have a Glock as my carry weapon, is the weight and size.

All of my HP's are highly reliable weapons, and come with a life time warranty.
When the SHTF I want one (or all) of them with me!

I want to see it

Yes, they do have the carbine in a .45 model

Please post a link. It's not on the hi point website.

thanx

Conceal carry mine. Yes it is a big gun but like you I am a big guy. The ONLY problem I have had with mine is the weight so I do wear a belt. I use a Blackhawk holster that is soft against me. I wear it against my right rear hip and when I tighten the beit it folds in nicely and is still accessible. I wear it on my bike car and dining out. The only problem I have is sitting in a chair it is a bit bulky. As far as the guy that feels it might be an anchor it is a great gun reliable inexpensive trouble free and I guess if it can do double duty as an anchor then hey another reason to buy it. J:pleasantry:

Thanks

I have a hipoint s&w 40 caliber and my friends an I love to shoot it at the range, I even put night sights from Link Removed on it:
Link Removed
flat_leafb.jpg

but concealing this cannon is very difficult, even the hipoint c9 is thick and heavy for this work, I consider both good guns, after you work the quirks with the mags, maybe inside a winter coat is possible but in florida this is going to be hard

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back