Ccw

BGriff86

I am about to move to Chicago in October, does anyone know if illinois has CCW permits/ a good way to find out if what I own is illegal there?

The only way you can carry cc is to be a member of one of the following cummunity oranizations:

Almighty Saints
Black Disciples
Black P Stones
Puerto Rican Stones
Crips
Bloods
Vice Lords
Spanish lords
12th Street Players
Four Corner Hustlers
Gangster Disciples
Mickey Cobras
Two Six
Latin Eagles
Latin Kings
MS-13
Maniac Latin Disciples
Satan Disciples
Spanish Cobras
Sureños
La Raza Nation
Norteños

Hey RicBak, do you think those groups will qualify for 0bama's intended "volunteer" service obligation?

Not only can you not carry concealed, you can't own, buy ammunition or shoot there. It's VERY anti-gun.

Unless you are a criminal i.e. gang member or politician you can not own or carry in the Peoples republic of Illinois.

I am about to move to Chicago in October, does anyone know if illinois has CCW permits/ a good way to find out if what I own is illegal there?

I started to feel guilty about not answering BG better... So to answer your question here are a couple quotes and links to help you...

Sec. 24-1. Unlawful Use of Weapons.
(a) A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when he knowingly:
(1) Sells, manufactures, purchases, possesses or carries any bludgeon, black-jack, slung-shot, sand-club,sand-bag, metal knuckles, throwing star, or any knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade knife, which has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife, or a ballistic knife, which is a device that propels a knifelike blade as a projectile by means of a coil spring, elastic material or compressed gas; or
(2) Carries or possesses with intent to use the same unlawfully against another, a dagger, dirk, billy, dangerous knife, razor, stiletto, broken bottle or other piece of glass, stun gun or taser or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of like character; or
(3) Carries on or about his person or in any vehicle, a tear gas gun projector or bomb or any object containing noxious liquid gas or substance, other than an object containing a non-lethal noxious liquid gas or substance designed solely for personal defense carried by a person 18 years of age or older; or
(4) Carries or possesses in any vehicle or concealed on or about his person except when on his land or in his own abode or fixed place of business any pistol, revolver, stun gun or taser or other firearm, except that this subsection (a) (4) does not apply to or affect transportation of weapons that meet one of the following conditions:
(i) are broken down in a non-functioning state; or
(ii) are not immediately accessible; or
4 (iii) are unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card;
http://sangamoncorifleassociation.org/ispoffgunlawbook/ptfire.pdf

Please take note that this document still carries the name of convicted felon former George Ryan which is the point HK is making...
Also below is a link for the FOID Firearm OwnersID Card...
The FOID card was created in 1968, by the FOID Act, as a way to identify those persons eligible to possess and acquire firearms and firearm ammunition as part of a public safety initiative in the State of Illinois.
Link Removed

I also believe that Mr RonWill has a very good point.. If there is an option...
Good Luck! Happy Sunday

Don't know what part of Washington(I'm assuming you mean the state and not DC) your from but Chicago will be a real shock to you and the family (if you have one). Moved up there because of "the job" and couldn't wait to get back home. We lived there almost 20 years and watched it go from bad to worse. Finally just gave up and moved back to Missouri. Don't know your situtation but would not live in Chicago, try the burbs the farther out the better. Couple sites to check out: Crime stat's compare it to your aera.

Chicago Crime Statistics (IL) - CityRating.com
Some other interesting sites.
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

Chicago can be a great place, we would go downtown once a year or so, stay in one of the hotel's then take a cab wherever we wanted to go. Lot of stuff in Chicago. But I'm still glad to say I used to live in Chicago.

Chicago Attractions, Tours and Museums: Go Chicago Card
Chicago Attractions - Things To Do, Places To Go, Amusement Parks, Lakefront Parks, Sightseeing Tours, Zoos

Then they the Bears, Cubs & the Sox. Guns is unfortunately a 4 letter word. Lot of luck with your move.

In addition to not allowing carry of any kind (open orconcealed), Chicago bans the mere ownership of handguns not registered with the city on or prior to 1986. If possible, maybe you could live in Northwest Indiana (very gun friendly) and commute to Chicago for work, like many already do.

The only way you can carry cc is to be a member of one of the following cummunity oranizations:

Almighty Saints
Black Disciples
Black P Stones
Puerto Rican Stones
Crips
Bloods
Vice Lords
Spanish lords
12th Street Players
Four Corner Hustlers
Gangster Disciples
Mickey Cobras
Two Six
Latin Eagles
Latin Kings
MS-13
Maniac Latin Disciples
Satan Disciples
Spanish Cobras
Sureños
La Raza Nation
Norteños

dang it!!!... looks like I won't be able to carry there then...

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back