CCW holders fooling themselves?

Uscgeng69

Video from 2010. Just found it on this slow day at work.

Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part One - YouTube

The controlled study documented in these videos show that concealed carry permit holders are fooling themselves if they think they will be able to react effectively to armed aggressors. Most CCW holders won't even be able to un-holster their gun. They will more likely be killed themselves or kill innocent bystanders than stop the aggressor. For more details, see "Unintended Consequences: Pro-Handgun Experts Prove That Handguns Are a Dangerous Choice for Self-Defense." Link Removed.

Great comments by the way.

I think you really have to have something happen where you except death to be able to kill someone. I got my Ccw because someone points a very large handgun in my familys face. I thought I was going to die. I'm ready this time around, plus chances are some bg pulls a gun. It's not loaded or it's fake

That video/exercise is interesting but doesn't "prove" to me that CCW is a bad thing. A couple things - the "stagers" know who has the "gun". They immediately focus on that person when they come into the room. A real bg wouldn't know who has a gun or not, keeping the CCW holder with the position of suprise. Second, they required the "gun" holder to keep the long shirt hanging down practically to his knees, effectively making him sit on the shirt, holding it down and preventing him/her from drawing the weapon.

A rigged event in my mind. No "proof" of anything.
J

That video/exercise is interesting but doesn't "prove" to me that CCW is a bad thing. A couple things - the "stagers" know who has the "gun". They immediately focus on that person when they come into the room. A real bg wouldn't know who has a gun or not, keeping the CCW holder with the position of suprise. Second, they required the "gun" holder to keep the long shirt hanging down practically to his knees, effectively making him sit on the shirt, holding it down and preventing him/her from drawing the weapon.

A rigged event in my mind. No "proof" of anything.
J

I most definitely agree with what you are saying. I just thought it was interesting and something that should be shared. To me it just puts a little emphasis on training with your weapon and how you carry. Practice drawing the weapon, don't put yourself in any situation where it would be difficult to do so. I am less than a month into concealed carry but have learned the importance of training with your equipment. When I get my new holster next week, I will spend time getting comfortable and practicing with that as well.

"Tests" like this are about as valid as the disaster recovery tests that many companies run on their data centers. You know those tests where everyone knows about the test and has made extra backups and everyone is available to help in the recovery.

I still want to conduct what I call the '747 test'. That's the test where I walk into the data center one morning and announce "Good morning, a Boeing 747 has just crashed into this building, everyone inside is dead or injured. Now using the remaining staff, training, documentation and offsite resources, show me how long you take to be back in business.". It would be ugly but as the man said "the more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in battle".

Talok about rigged!!! No one with any training at all is going to wear an article of clothing that is likely to interfere with drawing their weapon! Sescondly, Anyone with even a modicum of training is going to fidgit and fiddle around. Lastly, think about who is holding this "experiment, ABC News, one of the most anti-gun "news" channles in the country. This is so much bs it's almost laughable!

This "test" was a load of crap. It's an unrealistic scenario, with practically all the elements stacked heavily against the victim. It was broadcast a few years back by anti-gun NBC.

"No-win" or "odds stacked heavily against you" scenarios like this would be an interesting culmination to an advanced armed defense course. But to throw a novice into this crap-storm, watch him or her struggle and "fail" the scenario, then label it with a smear-headline like "Proof that CCW Holders Live in a Dream World" - is at best dishonest, and at worst downright slanderous.

Every few months, someone posts this garbage on here. Honestly, it merits no further discussion.

This "test" was a load of crap. It's an unrealistic scenario, with practically all the elements stacked heavily against the victim. It was broadcast a few years back by anti-gun NBC.

"No-win" or "odds stacked heavily against you" scenarios like this would be an interesting culmination to an advanced armed defense course. But to throw a novice into this crap-storm, watch him or her struggle and "fail" the scenario, then label it with a smear-headline like "Proof that CCW Holders Live in a Dream World" - is at best dishonest, and at worst downright slanderous.

Every few months, someone posts this garbage on here. Honestly, it merits no further discussion.

Sorry you feel that this is garbage. I am not against CC/Second Amendment rights in any way. Just sitting around at work and found the video, thought I would share. I'm extremely bored right now. Don't gotta get so uppity about it.

What a crock of crap. Wearing that sort of shirt by any self-respecting CCW'er would be nuts to say the least.

That wouldn't even make a good TV show, and had absolutly NOTHING to do with a real life encounter, and on that note; we come on this forum, myself included, and start off with I would do this or do that, and the BG would have it handed to him, or whatever, truth is if most if not all of us were thrust into a life or death encounter, if we are being honest with ourselfs, can not sit here at the computor and say what exactly we would do, my wife and I have taken several training courses on personal and home defence, and I think I can say if I were to come home and see a BG doing my family harm I could put a 45 in his head without a lot of thought, but none of us knows this absolutly, most REAL encounters would depend on who got the drop on who, and you know a BG is not going to hesitate to pull the trigger, and takeing your life, but we would hesitate, in not all but most instinces, so that video just proves that a group of people had some time to waste

You wanna know why virtually no people have heard of this "study"? Because its not scientific at all. They asked kids who thought they were "familiar" with guns, or had used them before, or had seen movies with guns, to act as their test subjects in this ever-so-fake situation.

Lets try something more realistic ABC, take somebody with training, let them wear what they want, choose their holster and gun, and let them choose where they sit in the room. Dont tell people who has the gun, and lets see this outcome. Better yet, dont even tell the shooters that there will be any armed resistance in the room. I doubt people who shoot up classrooms are expecting to have to shoot back at students with guns.

ABC should stop wasting their time with their anti-gun agenda and report real news like the CCW holder who recently stopped a guy on a stabbing spree.

First, it really wasn't even a test. Well, yeah, it was a test to see if they could get cops to agree with their liberal agenda that no one should carry a gun for self-defense. I'd like to see what all the cops said before editing. And even if nothing was edited out, I'll bet that they didn't realize what the intent of the piece was....which was summed up by the experiment subject with the bandanna on his head "I really don't think that there was any benefit of me having a gun as opposed to not having one." That one statement made their money well spent....in their eyes anyway.

Not everyone will be successful in a self-defense situation. It is pretty unlikely that anyone with no training will be successful other than by sheer luck. I wonder if the police actually were there to recommend weapons training rather than not getting a gun at all? Surely they had more comment than RUN RUN RUN!!!

I have never shot nor killed anyone. I do not know how I will react if the real thing should take place. I do know that many hours will be spent by me clearing the various configurations of clothes covering my weapon to prevent something like in the video....which IMO could and would happen by someone who has only practiced shooting and never practiced taking cover or drawing their weapon. (notice that no one took the floor) Before I even spend the cash on the permit I want to consider myself as well prepared as I can get short of paying someone to create the various training situations shown in the video. If the time should come, I plan for my training, past and future, to take over. I am training with a .45 ACP and plan for it to be my carry weapon. To be honest, I hope the "BFG Effect" should take over an attacker....in other words, he sees that big ********** hole and runs like hell. If not, well, I just hope that I will have trained enough.

11500 dislikes vs 1000 likes. Every copy of that video is the exact same result.

Visual representation... each person is a period (11.5 : 1 ratio) It only gets worse for NBC the more people watch it...
.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... ..........
.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... ..........

(dislikes)

Vs

(likes)

.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... ..........
.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... ..........

It would be awesome if the gun community got together to makes this video one if YouTube's record videos...holding the video with the most amount of dislikes of all time.

If you think you have control over ANYTHING that happens you're probably fooling yourself. Control is an illusion.

But I'd still rather be prepared and have a chance to fight back than the alternative.

Were these the same cretins who "proved" that the fuel tanks on Ford trucks explode by attaching a bomb to one and filming it?

Video from 2010. Just found it on this slow day at work.

Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part One - YouTube

The controlled study documented in these videos show that concealed carry permit holders are fooling themselves if they think they will be able to react effectively to armed aggressors. Most CCW holders won't even be able to un-holster their gun. They will more likely be killed themselves or kill innocent bystanders than stop the aggressor. For more details, see "Unintended Consequences: Pro-Handgun Experts Prove That Handguns Are a Dangerous Choice for Self-Defense." Link Removed.

Great comments by the way.

This was a great video......
......................................FOR ME TO POOP ON!
~smfh~

FWIW this video is about 2 years old. It’s from an ABC 20/20 special entitled “If I Only Had a Gun”.

When it first aired so many pro gun rights people logged in to their website to comment on how clearly fake the report was that ABC disabled the comments section in less than 6 hours.

Comments were made about the crappy holster, the restrictive clothing (although I will give ABC some slack on that because there obviously was a need for some of the protective gear), the fact that the “carrier” was always seated in the same seat and that the cop always came in targeting the “carrier” and that the rest of the “audience” went out of their way to make life difficult for the carrier. Also noted was the fact that it was a novice "carrier" against a trained police instructor with years of experience

What fewer people noted is that two of the “carriers” were able to draw and return fire and wound the shooter.

ABC made sure this video didn’t surface on youtube until VPC ( AKA The Brady Campaign) got a hold of it about 6 months ago.

It’s old news

Sorry you feel that this is garbage. I am not against CC/Second Amendment rights in any way. Just sitting around at work and found the video, thought I would share. I'm extremely bored right now. Don't gotta get so uppity about it.

I guess this is the first time you've been bored since 2009; when you made your first post. Now, all of the sudden you start posting stuff like this. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you when you tell us you aren't against CC.

But, you need to understand why some may question your motives. First, you joined in 2009 and yo have NOT made a single post since that time. You've said you have only been a CCer for about a month.

This begs the question;
"Why did you join a CC forum almost three years ago in the first place?"

Then, you finally start to post again (after "YEARS" of inactivity), you post a link to a video that shows CC in a negative light. Don't you think doing this my cause people to look at this thread in a "skeptical" way?

You say you aren't AG or anti 2am. But, you "post" history doesn't necessarily bear witness to that statement. Perhaps you should begin being more active and start posting some PRO gun, Pro CC & Pro 2am threads before you post more AG threads.

-

I guess this is the first time you've been bored since 2009; when you made your first post. Now, all of the sudden you start posting stuff like this. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you when you tell us you aren't against CC.

But, you need to understand why some may question your motives. First, you joined in 2009 and yo have NOT made a single post since that time. You've said you have only been a CCer for about a month.

This begs the question;
"Why did you join a CC forum almost three years ago in the first place?"

Then, you finally start to post again (after "YEARS" of inactivity), you post a link to a video that shows CC in a negative light. Don't you think doing this my cause people to look at this thread in a "skeptical" way?

You say you aren't AG or anti 2am. But, you "post" history doesn't necessarily bear witness to that statement. Perhaps you should begin being more active and start posting some PRO gun, Pro CC & Pro 2am threads before you post more AG threads.

-

Seriously???? Yes I've been a member of this fourm since 2009, what does that matter? I was planning on getting my CC permit at that time and find the forum to be very informative. Due to things in life I was unable to get my permit till just recently, and now I carry everyday. I was at no time posting this to say CC is bad, I do it myself. So sorry if I'm not as informed as some of you. I saw the video on the sidebar while looking at PRO gun videos and reviews. I watched it, posted it, reading comments about it. Is that not what a forum is about. So I don't spend every waking hour of my day reading forums, watching PRO gun videos, taking apart and cleaning my gun. I have a life outside of USACarry. Original post states was from 2010, copied and pasted the text directly from the youtube description, didn't state myself if I were for or against it. Found an interesting video, posted it. Don't wanna watch it, don't. Nothing constructive to say, fine.

"First, you joined in 2009 and yo have NOT made a single post since that time. You've said you have only been a CCer for about a month."
I can't join a fourm to read and gain knowledge about a topic that at the time I knew little about? Well excuse me. Maybe I should go buy a new gun I know nothing about, not read about it, take it to the range, don't clean it and dry fire the hell out of it. Sounds a bit like getting a CC permit and not knowing anything about it.

I get a lot of great information here, the majority of the community is very knowledgeable. So I haven't posted until just recently, I know how to use the search button and get a lot of answers from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back