CCL in car...must tell Police in routine stop??

Great Video, TheCocaColaSanta... Thanks for your reply. Good information is appreciated!

GA doesn't have a class you just go to the sheriff and apply, and within a few minutes you have your ccl. That's why SC will not honor GA, and why I have to get a non-res from somewhere.(edited out), check the laws.

That's why you check the laws, some inform out of courtesy and others will not unless asked. If you are ever in SC it is a MUST INFORM state.

Your information about Ga is wrong....we don't get our CCL in minutes...nor do we get them from our sheriff ....the only thing true about your statement is that we don't have to pay for a useless class.
Thanks you

Your information about Ga is wrong....we don't get our CCL in minutes...nor do we get them from our sheriff ....the only thing true about your statement is that we don't have to pay for a useless class.
Thanks you

This is correct. It took me 67 days to receive my GWL from the Chatham Co. Recorders court, which is where we have to go to apply for a permit. The Sheriff used to supply the fingerprint & background checks, but that is now done at the local UPS store (seriously). My wife got her GWL within 14 days because of that change, so it is a good thing. As to informing a leo when stopped, I know of several people who were hassled by leos because they informed them that they "had a gun". They were removed from the car and disarmed. The officer then ran a check on the guns & put them in the trunk of the citizens car "for his protection". I have to inform while in NC when I go to my cabin up there. I will never again inform when stopped in Georgia. If asked "Do you have a firearm" I will answer "I have nothing illegal in this car officer. Am I free to go?"

I know of several people who were hassled by leos because they informed them that they "had a gun". They were removed from the car and disarmed. The officer then ran a check on the guns & put them in the trunk of the citizens car "for his protection". I have to inform while in NC when I go to my cabin up there. I will never again inform when stopped in Georgia. If asked "Do you have a firearm" I will answer "I have nothing illegal in this car officer. Am I free to go?"

You'll cause yourself far more trouble evading the question than you will answering it.

Now, if you want to say that please be my guest but let me be very clear about what’s going to happen next. As soon as those words come out of your mouth you’re going to come out of the car and into hand cuffs for “officer safety”.

The only variables in the equation are how much force the officer has to apply and how many extra charges you catch standing up for your “rights”. And even if you beat the charges it’s going to cost you a butt load in legal fees.

I was told that its best to just hand him my permit along with my license when asked for it! If hes an ass then I just tell him I feel safer letting him know im armed so he draw on me if I have to get out or he has a partner and he yells gun and they start shooting!

sent holding sp2022 in one hand

I was told that its best to just hand him my permit along with my license when asked for it! If hes an ass then I just tell him I feel safer letting him know im armed so he draw on me if I have to get out or he has a partner and he yells gun and they start shooting!

I was told global warming was real...

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

That's right - the answer when the public becomes afraid of the police is to just waive their rights. Just submit and everything will be OK. What if they told you that you don't really need a gun at all?

I am not a hater of laws and law enforcement loke some of you people are. You live how you want and so will I. If your looking for a fight your not going to get one here. Find someone else because I am way to busy to try and keep up! !

That's right - the answer when the public becomes afraid of the police is to just waive their rights. Just submit and everything will be OK. What if they told you that you don't really need a gun at all?

I would hand over all my weapons genius!

for GA you were given piss poor advice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back