CC Not Allowed at Work

Paul_of_TX

I started CC but it is not allowed at my office. I work for a great company so I don't want to leave. I have a Nano gun "safe" for my car that I used to lock up my firearm when I can't carry it and Texas state law allows everyone to carry a gun in their car even on their employers parking lot. I keep going back and forth on how to go about this. My typical day I drive to work then drive home afterward or I drive to the kids school for some function. Part of me says to just leave the gun at home but I'm not listening to that part and I will keep it in my car. Wearing an empty holster all day feels awkward. Strapping on my holster just for the drive seems a bit silly. Maybe a holster that fits on the car seat would help that way it is accessible while I drive and I can lock it up when I can't carry it. I have also seen the magnets used to hold guns but i has anyone used those? If you leave magnets stuck to a screwdriver long enough the screwdriver becomes magnetized so would that happen to a gun. That may not be a huge deal but not something I want done to my gun.

I carry a XDM 9mm compact in a N82 Tactical holster. The holster can easily be removed and the most difficult part of putting it on is getting the shirt tucked in afterward.

What do others do who can't carry at work?

I'm still figuring that out... I work from home, but don't like carrying when I take my son to his jiu jitsu class. I can park right next to the door and one yell and suddenly there'd be several jiu jitsu/MMA instructors around me so I feel pretty safe (yes I realize I could die before they get there, but the likelihood of someone willing to deal with resistance of that type is pretty tiny)... plus the seats are very uncomfortable and the way I'd have to sit it would definitely print. They probably wouldn't care but there are a lot of kids around and I don't want to have to start a conversation with a kid that should be had with his parents, especially since he's in a class with 4 - 8 year olds. That young the "gun talk" needs to happen carefully and I wouldn't know them as well as their parents would. Besides, it would just be bad manners. I could purse carry, but I don't particularly like that. Probably will do that anyway, but haven't decided yet. The Sneaky Pete holster might be a good option... you could wear it at work empty without discomfort or anyone noticing it.

I've got a safepacker that can be used in a car fairly easily, but I've also seen holsters that can attach to the steering column. That might work as well.

I also cannot carry at work. I have a Honda Accord than has a perfect sized cubbie under the hvac controls where I keep my gun. I use a PJ holster and it's pretty easy to clip on and off my belt so I just put the gun and holster together in the cubbie. I also have a remora holster I use sometimes as we'll. depends on if I'm wearing shorts with no belt.

:frown:

Sighhhhhhhhhh.

It would be nice to even be allowed to legally stow my firearm in the parking lot at work.

Get the crossbreed supertuck or the king tuk holster. Youll be able to carry, tuck in your shirt and go about your business. I do it when I wear a suit to job interviews and noone notices.

Get the crossbreed supertuck or the king tuk holster. Youll be able to carry, tuck in your shirt and go about your business. I do it when I wear a suit to job interviews and noone notices.

Like I said in my post I work for a great company and I don't want to leave and that includes getting fired. Carrying at work is not an option. Interviews would be a different story as long as there was not a proper sign posted there would not be a problem. When you are actually employed you must follow the rules laid out in the handbook or risk getting fired. I also would not advise people who have CC permits to break the rules of where they can and can't carry.

If an employer does not allow CCW, then I would do a risk assessment. If the risk is low then I would leave the gun in the car and just carry the knife. If the risk is high then I would find another job.

Also, can you get into a position to change the policy?

... I also would not advise people who have CC permits to break the rules of where they can and can't carry.

You like your job and the company you work for, don't risk getting fired. We have enough numb-nuts with guns out there. Look what happened to Starbucks they were neutral but wackos and "soccer moms/dads" forced their hand.

There are other defensive weapons out there as others have suggested, knives, flashlights, and pepper spray. PLUS, know your exits. The closest ones may not be the best.

I keep my firearm plus three mags in my truck locked in one of these . Link Removed. If possible park your vehicle where you can get to it quickly, use it as cover/concealment and leave the location quickly. Essentially a get away strategy.

As far as wearing an empty holster, I wear one at work. Once I clock out for the day, my guns goes right back in there.

There is a thin line between paranoid and prepared. I straddle that all the time.

I think part of the ccw is that its concealed, there are lots of places that say they don't allow guns, but if yours is concealed then the place your at shouldn't know you have it, right.
I do agree with the comment about risk assessment, but there is always the unexpected that happens. Like the recent Navy yard shooting.
Look at the risk, way your options, and carry as often as possible, better safe than sorry. If I knew when shtf in advance, I would carry then too.

I started CC but it is not allowed at my office. I work for a great company so I don't want to leave. I have a Nano gun "safe" for my car that I used to lock up my firearm when I can't carry it and Texas state law allows everyone to carry a gun in their car even on their employers parking lot. I keep going back and forth on how to go about this. My typical day I drive to work then drive home afterward or I drive to the kids school for some function. Part of me says to just leave the gun at home but I'm not listening to that part and I will keep it in my car. Wearing an empty holster all day feels awkward. Strapping on my holster just for the drive seems a bit silly. Maybe a holster that fits on the car seat would help that way it is accessible while I drive and I can lock it up when I can't carry it. I have also seen the magnets used to hold guns but i has anyone used those? If you leave magnets stuck to a screwdriver long enough the screwdriver becomes magnetized so would that happen to a gun. That may not be a huge deal but not something I want done to my gun.

I carry a XDM 9mm compact in a N82 Tactical holster. The holster can easily be removed and the most difficult part of putting it on is getting the shirt tucked in afterward.

What do others do who can't carry at work?

I see that you are also a Texan...I have a few question's;

Is there properly posted 30.06 or 51% signage at your place of employment?
Are you employed at a public school, post office or other government building?
Because if you are employed at those 'federally mandated' GFZ's (Death Trap's) I have no advice to give you.

However, if your answer to these questions is "No", then I would 'consider' purchasing a small pocket carry pistol (like a Ruger LCP) and just keep it secret and keep it safe inside your pocket while at work (just in case you may ever need to protect yourself someday at work from some armed psycopath).

Because when second's count, the police are alway's too many minute's away imvho.

That's a judgement call that only you can make, I am merely giving you my own .02 cents, take it for what it's worth. But in my opinion, I would rather be fired from my job and still be alive as opposed to being employed and then dead because of some disgruntled employee with a grudge and a psychotic death wish.

Case in point;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ehyfiEL8YY

Employment is servitude. Only business owners have the freedom of being their own person, everyone else is a wage slave.

WHAT?? :wacko:

Link Removed

How does this help him?? Maybe you need to start a new post about ?

To OP, if you really value your job, and don't work in a place with weekly shootings, why in the world would you even consider breaking that rule?

WHAT?? :wacko:

Link Removed

How does this help him?? Maybe you need to start a new post about ?

To OP, if you really value your job, and don't work in a place with weekly shootings, why in the world would you even consider breaking that rule?

"A workplace with weekly shooting's" you said?

Earth to Phillip69....

Shooting massacre's do not happen weekly at the same places over & over, they are very random and could happen at anytime/anywhere.

Earth to Phillip69....

Shooting massacre's do not happen weekly at the same places over & over, they are very random and could happen at anytime/anywhere.

At the range where I work there are near constant shootings from the minute we open till right before close. Maybe that it what he is referring to.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Earth to Phillip69....

I'm just back to earth from home planet Krypton...

Ha! I deserved that after rereading what I wrote! sure does sound bad! 'place' was not meant to refer to a single building, but an area of town. We have one here in Dayton that not only has weekly shootings but almost nightly!

I probably just put my job in danger.

I sell firearms for a national company, and while customers are allowed to carry in accordance with applicable laws and every other firearms dealer in our area ENCOURAGES their employees to carry, we can't. I sent the CEO of our company an email last night asking him to reconsider this policy. After closing last night, we were advised not to go out to our vehicles alone because a suspicious individual had been spotted in the parking lot. Guess where our firearms are stored? Uh huh. Customers can carry in our stores, we sell firearms and advise customers regarding their safe use and defensive carry, yet we are not allowed to carry our own firearms.

I received a very nicely worded reply early this morning - which shocked me, and he asked for a week to consider my email. I think it more likely that I will be called in to the store manager's office to receive my walking papers than to get an affirmative response from the CEO.

I hope I am wrong.

:frown:

Sighhhhhhhhhh.

It would be nice to even be allowed to legally stow my firearm in the parking lot at work.

Wolf, check your state's gun laws. In my state they cannot prevent you from having a firearm in your vehicle in the parking lot. The only property you cannot have a gun at all is Federal buildings and parking lots.

I probably just put my job in danger.

I sell firearms for a national company, and while customers are allowed to carry in accordance with applicable laws and every other firearms dealer in our area ENCOURAGES their employees to carry, we can't. I sent the CEO of our company an email last night asking him to reconsider this policy. After closing last night, we were advised not to go out to our vehicles alone because a suspicious individual had been spotted in the parking lot. Guess where our firearms are stored? Uh huh. Customers can carry in our stores, we sell firearms and advise customers regarding their safe use and defensive carry, yet we are not allowed to carry our own firearms.

I received a very nicely worded reply early this morning - which shocked me, and he asked for a week to consider my email. I think it more likely that I will be called in to the store manager's office to receive my walking papers than to get an affirmative response from the CEO.

I hope I am wrong.

If that is the case, then your manager and the upper echelon are all arseholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back