CC Not Allowed at Work

If that is the case, then your manager and the upper echelon are all arseholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you knew the company for which I work, I think you would be more than a little.surprised.

Wolf, check your state's gun laws. In my state they cannot prevent you from having a firearm in your vehicle in the parking lot. The only property you cannot have a gun at all is Federal buildings and parking lots.

Thanks.... I teach at a public school. They are not allowed on the premises in your car even if there is not a school building. If the property is owned by the school district (administrative building, ball field, etc.) no guns are allowed period.

If you knew the company for which I work, I think you would be more than a little.surprised.

Well if you do get your walking papers (I surely hope you don't) then blast their company name all over this forum and every where else so gun owners can cease doing business with them.

Well if you do get your walking papers (I surely hope you don't) then blast their company name all over this forum and every where else so gun owners can cease doing business with them.

:yes4::yes4::yes4::yes4:

I am actually supposed to be receiving a call from the CEO to address the issue this afternoon. Could be interesting!

Employment is servitude. Only business owners have the freedom of being their own person, everyone else is a wage slave.

Employment is not slavery or even indentured servitude.... you can leave anytime you wish.
Employment, like life, is made of trade-offs. You trade your time and talents for money. The more "value" you offer your employer, the more money they will trade for your time and talents. Nobody has you chained to your desk or locked into a manufacturing plant.

By the sounds of it, I can envision you camped out in your own filth protesting and complaining about what other people HAVE, while lamenting that they aren't GIVING YOU any of it.

Look in the mirror and do a self-assessment..... only THAT MAN can make a change! (wasn't there a song to that effect some time ago?)

If you don't think your talents are being compensated to your liking....LEAVE....take your talents elsewhere. If you don't think you have the talents necessary to demand a higher income, then DO SOMETHING to develop those talents. Better yet, BECOME the employer....take the risk....those who did and succeeded are reaping higher rewards.... those you so seem to despise.

As for the employer making the decision to prohibit firearms on premises, well that is their prerogative. They took the risk, they own the building, they make the rules. While I don't necessarily agree with them, I agree that they can set the tone for THEIR business.....the one THEY built.

Finally, having been in both shoes, I can say that when I was not making enough money, I thought it was my job that was holding me back. I felt that I had no choices because I NEEDED that job to pay my bills. I later came to realize that it was MY decisions that resulted in having high bills... I painted MYSELF into the corner and felt trapped by my need for enough income to pay my bills. It wasn't my employer who forced me to make the purchases that I did...it was me, by choice.
Some time later, I looked at myself and took the leap of faith...that I COULD succeed... an did. Nobody did it for me, nobody forced me into "wage slavery", so I simply walked away. It was tough at first... nothing worthwhile is ever easy, but it's worth it. So, take a look in that mirror and make your choice. When you are the boss, you won't have to worry about asking permission to carry at work.

Biggest reason companies don't allow gins at work is the insurance companies. Second is OSHA. Last is the owners/board are anti gun or don't allow you but have their own protection (security or weapon).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

:yes4::yes4::yes4::yes4:

I am actually supposed to be receiving a call from the CEO to address the issue this afternoon. Could be interesting!

How did things turn out? For the good I hope? Did the policy get changed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back