Carrying and bowling

Don't forget that some of the posters on this site might be anti-gunners trying to promote firearm hysteria by making it seem like those who are involved with firearms are slack-jawed, drool-spitting morons. I find it hard to believe that anyone would ask either of the two questions that were listed unless it was in an HCI (aka Brady Campaign to Prevent Violence) class.

Good point; we do get our share of trolls (just seem to pop out, raise a ruckus, and then disappear). I have thought the same thing (they're anti-gunners). Welcome to the site, ATX.

I'm less and less surprised as I get older... I've seen the video of the kid that allowed his friend to shoot him in the chest at close range to test body armor... Well just look at that... stupid keeps growing...

DH watched that and asked me to come take a look. I refused. Not my cuppa tea, I told him. What did Forest Gump say? Something about stupid is as stupid does?

I have my LCP in my blackhawk 1 pocket holster all day everyday. Very comfortable and I cant see the bowling activity being a factor...YMMV

GBK

I carried my P238 the other night while bowling and playing pool! :)

It just slips into my pocket without notice.

I present you with two "stupid" questions that I was asked in past firearms safety classes. Needless to say, the students asking the questions did not pass my class.

1) Can I look down the barrel to check if the gun is loaded?
2) If I shoot my buddy in the [insert 3 letter word for buttocks], will it hurt? gf

Your kidding right? If not I stand corrected then. I guess questions like this don't surprise me though. At times maybe I give people more credit than I should. These are common sense questions like Should I put my hand in the fuse box to see if the power is off? These aren't questions these are common sense. If you are a gun expert or gun novice it's just common sense you don't point a gun loaded or unloaded at anything you don't intend to shoot but, point taken.

Hey njsportsman: What REALLY scares me is that the person or persons who actually asked these questions probably, by now, has a CCWP and is walking around near you. As Mr. Gump once said 'stupid is as stupid does" and with a CCW the words "premature death" should be included somehow into Mr. Gump's comments

Someone is having fun at our expense or worse. Nobody who wants a CCW would ask those questions in class. Don't allow this kind of garbage to be legitimized on this site. And don't be too concerned about anybody getting their CCW. Almost everyone in this country drives a car. Cars are much harder to learn to operate safely and have many more controls. We have scared the public into thinking it takes a Marine drill instructor with 20 years of experience to safely handle a firearm. To quote from Spinal Tap: "Don't touch it! Don't even look at it!". The average adult with who has graduate jr high could be taught the basics of firearm safety in 20 minutes. If this has any sliver of truth then it is probably because the instructor was a BORING speaker who was making an 8 hour class seem like a week (think Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller) and had no sense of humor. The nanny state shouldn't be treating us like children and making us jujmp through hoops to exercise a right that pre-existed the constitution. IMHO

Hey AvidshooterTX: Good heads up on miscreants and their posts. What I enjoy most about this forum is the preponderance of interesting and fun threads, posts and what ifs. I guess there are those out there who have nothing better to do than sit at their computers, yanking on their doo hickey and writing garbage. If you are out there Mr. Doo Hickey, I truly feel sorry for your miserable life.

I doubt it, I would imagine you bowl with the same hand you'd draw with. Only issue I see with that is you'd have to wear a jacket inside of a building.

I've bowled several times with my XD .45 Compact - in a Crossbreed Supertuck. Had no issues - even when I slid over the foul like, and fell on my @$$ - Opps :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back