Carrying and bowling

Personally, I'm a little apprehensive about carrying during any extended physical activity wherein you are bending, stretching, throwing something. Just seems like there's too much of a chance of a mishap, like the weapon hitting the floor (which could be a bit dramatic at a kids bowling event). However, I always have a weapon nearby, one way or another. What about a small gym bag type deal, which holds your shoes, wallet and other assorted sundries, like your gun? You keep it close under your watchful eye and you have recourse if you should need it. I've done this on many occasions using my briefcase (or wife's purse) to conceal my firearm.

May I make another suggestion? If concealment is your primary concern, then maybe bowling time is the time to carry a small gun (if you have one) in an ankle holster. At least that way you'll be concealed the entire time and not have to disarm.

nOT MANY BOWLERS HERE ???? !!!!!!

IF YOU EVER LEFT YOUR GUN IN A BOWLING BAG OF SOME SORT YOU WOULD BE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE . You can not keep an eye on a gun while you bowl , you can't keep a eye on your coat. I have holsters that will retain my CCW without any worry of it "DROPPING'. There is no PRINTING , BULGING OR SHOWING. THATS WHY THEY CALL IT CONCEALED. If you can not conceal it , control it safely then , Do not carry it . Sorry just a little on edge today FROM STUPIDITY.

Just another point of view. Here in SC, there are limits on CC in locations where there is alcohol served in a bar-type setting; to me that means, at least in SC, if the bowling alley has a full service bar associated with it (and most alleys do have a bar) then I CANNOT bring the CCW into the establishment. Be sure of your state's rules on this point.
PA has no such laws.

IF YOU EVER LEFT YOUR GUN IN A BOWLING BAG OF SOME SORT YOU WOULD BE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE . You can not keep an eye on a gun while you bowl , you can't keep a eye on your coat. I have holsters that will retain my CCW without any worry of it "DROPPING'. There is no PRINTING , BULGING OR SHOWING. THATS WHY THEY CALL IT CONCEALED. If you can not conceal it , control it safely then , Do not carry it . Sorry just a little on edge today FROM STUPIDITY.

Bullshit. Concealed is concealed, anywhere, not just on your immediate person. There are more weapons in briefcases than you apparently know about. I can easily put my briefcase next to my chair and be quite aware of it. Or my coat hanging on the back of my chair. Furthermore, there's usually a weapon in the console of my truck that I lock when I step out of it. AND OF COURSE I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. So what's your point? I'm not suggesting you put a gun in your coat pocket and hang it in the cloakroom down the hall. Or tossing your gym bag under the table and wandering off down the bowling alley. So get a grip.

Going bowling in Philly in a few weeks would you carry and will the gun be uncomfortable while bowling. I stink at bowling that's not the issue. The issue would be comfort and being able to move and bend without printing. This is a kids soccer team fund raiser so, I am tied on what to do. I have a Glock 19 with a supertuck IBW holster. Thanks

So have you bowled yet? What did you decide to do?

What!!!!!!!

Bullshit. Concealed is concealed, anywhere, not just on your immediate person. There are more weapons in briefcases than you apparently know about. I can easily put my briefcase next to my chair and be quite aware of it. Or my coat hanging on the back of my chair. Furthermore, there's usually a weapon in the console of my truck that I lock when I step out of it. AND OF COURSE I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. So what's your point? I'm not suggesting you put a gun in your coat pocket and hang it in the cloakroom down the hall. Or tossing your gym bag under the table and wandering off down the bowling alley. So get a grip.

Nobody , is talking about OFF BODY CONCEALED ,the post clearly asked about 'CARRY' while bowling. If my post struck a nerve, it was not address to you . It was a STATEMENT NOT A QUESTION . So KEEP your LOOSE grip to your self.

I"m sorry to all the other posts that had to read this. But trying to justifying lack of sense and unsafe practice of weapon control is BULLSHIT . CONCEALED "CARRY" WEAPON , MEANS ON YOU. IN THE CAR AND HOME IT MIGHT BE CONCEALED. a brief case on the floor or a coat on your chair is NOT CARRY. iTS off body concealment, Unless you CARRY your wife's pocketbook on your shoulder while you bowl Is the only CCW you can justify. So hang on to that purse.

Cant help it... I just have this vision of an entire bowling alley full of all the local range rats shooting bowling pins during a tuesday night match. haha

:biggrin:

Nobody , is talking about OFF BODY CONCEALED ,the post clearly asked about 'CARRY' while bowling. If my post struck a nerve, it was not address to you . It was a STATEMENT NOT A QUESTION . So KEEP your LOOSE grip to your self.

I"m sorry to all the other posts that had to read this. But trying to justifying lack of sense and unsafe practice of weapon control is BULLSHIT . CONCEALED "CARRY" WEAPON , MEANS ON YOU. IN THE CAR AND HOME IT MIGHT BE CONCEALED. a brief case on the floor or a coat on your chair is NOT CARRY. iTS off body concealment, Unless you CARRY your wife's pocketbook on your shoulder while you bowl Is the only CCW you can justify. So hang on to that purse.

Alright, it's easy to misinterpret posts, so, in the interest of peaceful resolution, my apologies to you, sir, if I did, in fact, misconstrue what you were saying. I read your post as calling me stupid for suggesting carrying off body in a gym bag, or whatever. (Now, if you WERE calling me stupid, cancel my apology...).

I know the question was regarding carrying while bowling. I merely suggested a possible alternative to carrying on your person in a situation wherein that might be cumbersome. I do routinely have a weapon in my briefcase, often as a backup to the one I'm carrying.

And hey, you can make fun of me when you catch me carrying that purse, but I hope you have a smile on your face when you do it.

... can't you just ccw and "not" bowl... sorry folks, I'm just going to sit and enjoy watching all the rest of you tonight...

Being on edge happens from time to time, but if that's the case don't bring the edge with you here. We all share the same interests and have a good grasp on the responsibilities that come with firearms ownership. JJ likes “What if” questions. Read some other posts and you’ll find that’s his thing. He also has a very unique sense of humor within his questions. Like this one “What about a small gym bag type deal, which holds your shoes, wallet and other assorted sundries, like your gun?” It was a question… No cause to USE CAPS LIKE YOU WERE YELLIN AT HIM…. So please keep it cool and casual. If you had a strong feeling about his post use some humor to make a point. Like: “Maybe a purse that would match you bowling shoes”:sarcastic:

Se how much fun that was...:blink: Yea... Nice...

So have you bowled yet? What did you decide to do?

No, not yet and no I haven't made up my mind yet. I am leaning towards leaving it in my car although I am very uncomfortable doing so. The ankle holster was a good idea but, don't have a small enough gun to do it with. I will eventually get a small frame revolver for this situation. If I didn't bowl people would be suspicious like someone recommended. I like bowling and would be getting questions. Most of my friends do not know I carry. I know there would be a lot of objections to it so only a few know. What they don't know won't hurt them. I was always taught by one of my NRA instructors that this was the best way because people are people and would probably draw attention to it not necessarily or purpose. Asking questions about it and people over hearing it etc…

Yo bro I don't know who you are calling an idiot but, the only idiot is a person who don't ask questions. No matter how much of an EXPERT you THINK you are. No question is stupid when it comes to handling a firearm. We are all in this together we are suppose to help each other. Save your fire for the anti gunners. Some of us are new to carrying a gun or new to carrying in certain situations. It's people like you who scare people away from their questions. How are people suppose to get help if they are being called idiots. So to all no matter how dumb you think your question maybe ask it because, there are no dumb questions especially if it saves you or someone from a mishap.

Yo bro I don't know who you are calling an idiot but, the only idiot is a person who don't ask questions. No matter how much of an EXPERT you THINK you are. No question is stupid when it comes to handling a firearm. We are all in this together we are suppose to help each other. Save your fire for the anti gunners. Some of us are new to carrying a gun or new to carrying in certain situations. It's people like you who scare people away from their questions. How are people suppose to get help if they are being called idiots. So to all no matter how dumb you think your question maybe ask it because, there are no dumb questions especially if it saves you or someone from a mishap.

I agree with asking questions, and people refraining from name calling, however disagree with the portions of your post in bold print.

I present you with two "stupid" questions that I was asked in past firearms safety classes. Needless to say, the students asking the questions did not pass my class.

1) Can I look down the barrel to check if the gun is loaded?
2) If I shoot my buddy in the [insert 3 letter word for buttocks], will it hurt?

There were several other things these students did that contributed to my decision to ask them to leave the class. Keep in mind that these questions were asked AFTER the 3 basic rules of NRA safety were presented multiple times.

I learned a long time ago that terms like "always" and "never" should used with great caution. Not to pee on your parade or anything, just thought it would be important to point out that there are some folks in this world who have no business anywhere near a firearm.

gf

Easy does it guys. This is the first forum that I have been in that has a very high degree of civility to it--very little cursing and very little degrading attitude. Lets all try and leave "idiot" and "stupid" out of the posts. As one poster said, and I paraphrase--if you do not ask a question, you cannot get an answer--and yes some questions deserve a raised eyebrow and an explanation of surprise but it would be better to give that person advice and inform them than to begin with degrading comments. It is different if you are teaching for a CCWP where more of a hardline attitude will convince students of their failures to understand what a gun is all about.

have you tried a smart carry holster? it shouldn't limit your movement and you won't have to worry about printing.

My vote too. I use SmartCarry with a big ol' G21 for running and tennis, I'm sure bowling would be possible too.

Honest to Pete, people ask you things like this in your class? That's scary!!!

"Scary" doesn't begin to describe the thoughts running through my mind when I realized that the people asking the questions were serious. :eek: Just when you thought you've seen it all, there's someone who comes along and surprises you. :nono:

gf

"Scary" doesn't begin to describe the thoughts running through my mind when I realized that the people asking the questions were serious. :eek: Just when you thought you've seen it all, there's someone who comes along and surprises you. :nono:

gf

I'm less and less surprised as I get older... I've seen the video of the kid that allowed his friend to shoot him in the chest at close range to test body armor... Well just look at that... stupid keeps growing...

Don't forget that some of the posters on this site might be anti-gunners trying to promote firearm hysteria by making it seem like those who are involved with firearms are slack-jawed, drool-spitting morons. I find it hard to believe that anyone would ask either of the two questions that were listed unless it was in an HCI (aka Brady Campaign to Prevent Violence) class.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back