carry on a motorcycle?

Thank you all. I was considering carrying the same way but I am still new to carrying and wanted to know if anyone had a way they like and find the best.

Thank you all. I was considering carrying the same way but I am still new to carrying and wanted to know if anyone had a way they like and find the best.
Your welcome, just remember there is no perticular way to carry your weapon while riding, use whatever way is most comfortable for you and would allow easy access, also remember to practice safe handleing no matter which way you use, Stay Safe,

Before I begin this small rant - I'm speaking from 28 years' experience shooting, and 19 years' experience riding.

Let's not be ridiculous. You are not Mad Max. This is not Bartertown. No way are you going to be drawing your firearm with your left hand while shooting from your bike. That kind of crap is best left to stuntmen.

If you find yourself in a situation while riding - it is best resolved with a suitable application of throttle or brake as appropriate.

With that said...you SHOULD practice drawing and firing with your off hand, but from your usual mode of carry. This becomes a real possibility if your shooting arm is injured in a mugging or similar situation.

Just like you will never have to draw while driving a car?

I have never had to fire while riding, but I have done it and it aint no big deal. Handgun and .410 snake charmer. And you don't need to use your left hand, cruise control or throttle lock.

I ride antique motorcycles so speeding away is not an option. Kias can blow me off. I have been cut off, run off the road and numerous finger waves because I ride at or just under the speed limit. No highway riding. Advantage is when I ride my Indians they have a left hand throttle and foot clutch, not that I am whipping out my .45 to plug a few holes in anyone although a few times I wanted to.

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed
I have never had to fire while riding, but I have done it and it aint no big deal. Handgun and .410 snake charmer. And you don't need to use your left hand, cruise control or throttle lock.

OK, Edsworld, I just have to know: Did you hit anything? :biggrin:

BTW, I've read that old time motor cops liked Indians because the throttle was on the left. I have no idea if any of them ever really shot while riding, but they probably liked the idea that they could.

Hey, I know! Put an old High Standard Model 10 in a tankside holster. :laugh: Maybe I can clamp the holster to the Givi bars alongside the tank on my Suzuki DL650...

One other thought.. I live in Florida and IF I'm riding long distance during the summer.. I will frequently just put my pistol in the outside pocket of my Tank Bag.. It goes where ever I go and it's not sticking me, or poking me, or making me sweat in a specific spot.. It's Magnetic, so it comes right off.. and the pistol is probably just as accessible on the bike.

Link Removed

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

OK, Edsworld, I just have to know: Did you hit anything? :biggrin:

BTW, I've read that old time motor cops liked Indians because the throttle was on the left. I have no idea if any of them ever really shot while riding, but they probably liked the idea that they could.

Hey, I know! Put an old High Standard Model 10 in a tankside holster. :laugh: Maybe I can clamp the holster to the Givi bars alongside the tank on my Suzuki DL650...

Ya. The "Pass with Care Sign".:biggrin:

I joined up just to talk about this exact topic. I ride year round and was wondering the best way to carry on my Hayabusa. I've got a lot of great ideas from you folks and think i will get it worked out.

Link Removed

Phillip, what is that? Ringo, bad ass much, dang! Not an actual pic of my bike. Don't have access to one at the moment. But a glamour shot I found somewhere. Only difference is I put bar end mirrors on mine instead of those bug antennae-type. Hoping to upgrade to a Thruxton.

Depends on which bike I'm on and what I'm doing while riding... If I'm riding one of my sport bikes, with full leathers, riding briskly through the mts.... no. But if I'm just going from A to B on either the sport bikes or the cruiser then... yes. I also like to put a pistol in the saddle bags on the cruiser.

Phillip, what is that?

2002 Honda VTX Retro 1800S

In case you're not familiar - VTX stands for "v-twin extreme" - 1800CC engine, which was the biggest v-twin engine in production at the time. The cylinders and pistons are the largest manufactured by Honda - and I'm including the ones in their cars. :) Over 100 HP from the factory, top speed of 140mph off the showroom floor - yet comparable in wheelbase, size, and comfort to a Harley Road King. And the color - I like to refer to it as "Deep Discount Orange." Because of the color, it sat on the showroom floor from 2002 to 2005, and I got an unbelievable deal on it as a new leftover.

I love this bike!

I joined up just to talk about this exact topic. I ride year round and was wondering the best way to carry on my Hayabusa. I've got a lot of great ideas from you folks and think i will get it worked out.
Welcome to our group, I ride a Harley Ultra Classic and a Turbo Busa, the Harley has a hundred places to parg a weapon, the Busa has none LOL, unless you want one of those ugly butt tank bags, I mostly keep my weapon in a good belt holster

Indians: 1928-Scout 101 1940-4cylinder 1948-Chief with sidecar 1976Chinese Indian
Harleys: 1934-VLD Police 2-1957-Panheads 1-1958-Panhead 1966-M-50
1968-Shovelhead 1970-XLH 1997-1200-Custom 2002-110hp Fatboy Couple little Jap bikes to teach local kids and grandkids how to ride. Would post pics but I don't know how. Anyone have any old junk in the barn they want to part with?? LOL

In case you're not familiar - VTX stands for "v-twin extreme" - 1800CC engine, which was the biggest v-twin engine in production at the time. The cylinders and pistons are the largest manufactured by Honda - and I'm including the ones in their cars. :) Over 100 HP from the factory, top speed of 140mph off the showroom floor - yet comparable in wheelbase, size, and comfort to a Harley Road King. And the color - I like to refer to it as "Deep Discount Orange." Because of the color, it sat on the showroom floor from 2002 to 2005, and I got an unbelievable deal on it as a new leftover.

I love this bike!

Eighteen...hundred...cubic centimeters. Because...you never know when you might need to....Wow.

Indians: 1928-Scout 101 1940-4cylinder 1948-Chief with sidecar 1976Chinese Indian
Harleys: 1934-VLD Police 2-1957-Panheads 1-1958-Panhead 1966-M-50
1968-Shovelhead 1970-XLH 1997-1200-Custom 2002-110hp Fatboy Couple little Jap bikes to teach local kids and grandkids how to ride. Would post pics but I don't know how. Anyone have any old junk in the barn they want to part with?? LOL

I would give someone's left (deleted) for one of those oldsters.

The Link Removed has the 2300 in it. Now that a huge chunk of metal.

I was looking at the VTX also but went with a Concours instead. If I had it to do over, I would have gotten the VTX.

The concours does have some places where you could build in a pistol holder between the fairing and the tank.

Phillip Gain:220464 said:
Phillip, what is that?

I love this bike!

My bike will go 140.....in 3rd gear...

My antiques will do 140 in high gear.............if dropped from a plane.
Seriously they are happiest :biggrin: at about 45-55 mph for the pre-50s ones. The post 50s can do highway speeds if I wanted them to with no problem. The problem is not if, but when they blow up :fie:it is expensive and a pain to locate parts.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back