Carry Concealed in all 50 states

I went across the country in April with my guns. I had a pistol and a rifle locked in cases that were locked in the tool box in the bed of my crew cab truck. They were unloaded and the ammo was locked in a separate compartment not in reach of the drive in the truck. Now was I legal? I read all the gun transport info I could find for each state I passed through and the Federal Transportation Act. and had 2 CCW permits that covered all by Md., and Il. but I never stopped in either state.

What you mistakenly said before was:

Now, carrying THROUGH states, like going from east coast to west coast, is covered by the Federal Firearms Transportation Act. But you really need to read it carefully.

What you describe above is in no way consistent with "carrying" a weapon for self defense, and quite obviously, that is what the OP was asking about. "Transporting" and "carrying" are two distinctly different things, both practically and legally.

Blues

I will not allow fear of police reaction to my perfectly legal behavior dictate whether or not I will engage in that perfectly legal behavior. I just don't have it in me to lick their boots and make myself a subject to their self granted authority.

defending your rights is all well and good, many of us would try to avoid spending a day or two in a central booking holding tank to prove to a not too bright judge that you are within your rights to possess that firearm, which btw you will never see again.

enjoy your mystery meat sandwiches while you await your chance to "educate" some libturd judge

What makes you think I would ever be brought before a judge? Are you a psychic or something? Do you have a time machine? Or are you just projecting YOUR FEARS onto me?

What makes you think I would ever be brought before a judge? Are you a psychic or something? Do you have a time machine? Or are you just projecting YOUR FEARS onto me?

you claimed your carry permit is the second amendment, try telling that to a cop in the many states that require permits to own and possess handguns when you are carrying in one of those states. Sheesh, dumber than dirt

you claimed your carry permit is the second amendment, try telling that to a cop in the many states that require permits to own and possess handguns when you are carrying in one of those states. Sheesh, dumber than dirt

Standing up for my constitutional RIGHTS is dumber than dirt? Making fun of/ridiculing someone who actually practices what you claim to do yet dont because you are a lying hypocrite is dumber than dirt.... Why are you continuing to project your own cowardice onto me anyways? Here you are, saying I am going to try telling some idiot cops something.... You havent a CLUE what I will do or how I will do it...

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

There's no need to separate the ammo. The gun needs to be unloaded and put somewhere not immediately accessible. Your tool box sounds like it fits the bill.
The issue is that you have to be going between endpoints that it's legal for you to have the gun, however (though minor food/gas stops are permitted).

You can put Maine in the "semi" Constitutional Carry State list.
Now, no permits are needed to carry openly or concealed.
The same with Vermont. No permit system.
New Hampshire just had their attempt at to do the same but it was vetoed!
Open carry is allowed without a permit in NH.
"We", in the North East are trying to hold our own against this insanity going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever heard of a rental car ?

Ever hear of travelling THROUGH??????? You couldnt convince a kindergartner you were traveling THROUGH Hawaii with that rental car to get to another state.... Are you really that stupid? (not calling you names, I am just curious if you are mentally disabled or senile... my guess is a little of both...)

I never said I was going through Hawaii, on my trip. It was Flyingron. So go ******* yourself.

I never said I was going through Hawaii, on my trip. It was Flyingron. So go ******* yourself.

You really are senile and brain damaged arent you? let me type this very slowly so it doesnt go by you so fast this time........ You implied/said you would be ok driving a rental car in Hawaii with a firearm locked in the trunk and you would be covered by the "Firearm Owners Protection Act" which is 100% illogical (if you had a brain you could figure it out, but seeing as you again have no clue I dont know why I even try)... Let me tell you something you very obv havent any idea of..... Hawaii is an ISLAND! you cannot be traveling THROUGH it to another state in a rental car! My goodness, I have dead chickens in my burn barrel smarter than you....

You implied/said you would be ok driving a rental car in Hawaii with a firearm locked in the trunk and you would be covered by the "Firearm Owners Protection Act"

Never said it!

I was talking to NavyLCDR. And what on earth is your problem that you can't respond to a simple statement without shouting profane insults. I have serious doubts you are mentally stable enough to possess firearms legally.

The thread's title says "all 50 states", so I assume that would include Hawaii.

No, he won't be driving to Hawaii. He won't be driving to Alaska, either, not with a firearm; Canada impeeds American free travel between it's own states like that. I'm not sure how it's even legal by international law for Canada to interfere with American states like but, but that's how it is.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back