Carry Concealed in all 50 states

kgibbs63

If I wanted to carry in all 50 states, which permits would I need? I have an appointment to drop off my Ohio CHL application today, which is my home state. Gonna go for Florida next.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

You're not gonna be able to get California unless you live there. They don't accept any other states permits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEOSA is the only all-50-states permission slip. Think you can get up to around 36 - 40 through combinations, FL being the one that is honored in the most states IIRC, but unless you're current or former LEO, you'll never get all 50.

My permit is SUPPOSED to be valid in all 50 states, but sadly, it isnt valid in any of them.... it is the 2nd Amendment.....

There are several states that do not honor any non-resident permits. So, Carrying legally in all 50 states is not possibly at this time. Now, carrying THROUGH states, like going from east coast to west coast, is covered by the Federal Firearms Transportation Act. But you really need to read it carefully.

There are 4 bills in Congress in committees that would make it legal to carry in all states on your home state CCW permit if any of them get passed. That would be Senate Bill 498, House Resolution 402, House Resolution 923, and House Resolution 986. All in either in Judiciary Committee or Homeland Security Committee.

Which means what close to the governors office or not. The process for this kinda stuff is confusing...

Don't be fooled, none of the bills use the 2nd amendment, they use the Commerce clause, to allow government more control over gun permits...what sounds like all 50 states will most definitely end up being one federal permit which will be closer to CA, DE or IL system...

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

If I wanted to carry in all 50 states, which permits would I need? I have an appointment to drop off my Ohio CHL application today, which is my home state. Gonna go for Florida next.

There is no permit or set of permits which will let you carry in all 50 states.

There are several states that do not honor any non-resident permits. So, Carrying legally in all 50 states is not possibly at this time. Now, carrying THROUGH states, like going from east coast to west coast, is covered by the Federal Firearms Transportation Act. But you really need to read it carefully.

There are 4 bills in Congress in committees that would make it legal to carry in all states on your home state CCW permit if any of them get passed. That would be Senate Bill 498, House Resolution 402, House Resolution 923, and House Resolution 986. All in either in Judiciary Committee or Homeland Security Committee.

Incorrect. Transporting unloaded firearms through states is covered by the Federal Firearms Transportation Act, while carrying loaded firearms through states is not.

Edit: Correction, the Firearm Owners Protection Act covers the transportation of an unloaded firearm through states. See NRA-ILA | Guide To The Interstate Transportation Of Firearms.

Now, carrying THROUGH states, like going from east coast to west coast, is covered by the Federal Firearms Transportation Act.

What is the Federal Firearms Transportation Act?

The Firearm Owners' Protection Act (FOPA) is the law usually cited for allowing (with significant restrictions) an owner to pass through an "unfriendly" state while transporting (not carrying) his or her firearm.

What is the Federal Firearms Transportation Act?

The Firearm Owners' Protection Act (FOPA) is the law usually cited for allowing (with significant restrictions) an owner to pass through an "unfriendly" state while transporting (not carrying) his or her firearm.

Correct.

My daughter's inlaws are attorneys in Manhattan, and their advice is if you are not a resident of NY with a permit issued by NY state or NY City, NEVER take a gun into NY State for any reason whatsoever, not even just travelling through. Yes, there are legal ways to do so, but the police in NY have a long history of arresting people anyway and letting you prove you were legal in court.

My daughter's inlaws are attorneys in Manhattan, and their advice is if you are not a resident of NY with a permit issued by NY state or NY City, NEVER take a gun into NY State for any reason whatsoever, not even just travelling through. Yes, there are legal ways to do so, but the police in NY have a long history of arresting people anyway and letting you prove you were legal in court.

I will not allow fear of police reaction to my perfectly legal behavior dictate whether or not I will engage in that perfectly legal behavior. I just don't have it in me to lick their boots and make myself a subject to their self granted authority.

I will not allow fear of police reaction to my perfectly legal behavior dictate whether or not I will engage in that perfectly legal behavior. I just don't have it in me to lick their boots and make myself a subject to their self granted authority.

THAT ^^^^^ is how I conduct myself concerning ALL "laws" about firearms..... The 2nd amendment NULLLIFIES/TRUMPS all of those "laws".

Yep, a few of the well placed permits will get you most places. Some you can add with expense and difficulty (Illiinois). Some you're just not going to get, period.
Looking carefully at the current situation in DC. The recent court battle there turned it to "shall issue" but the city finally got a stay on the decision pending further appeal.

Incorrect. Transporting unloaded firearms through states is covered by the Federal Firearms Transportation Act, while carrying loaded firearms through states is not.

Edit: Correction, the Firearm Owners Protection Act covers the transportation of an unloaded firearm through states. See NRA-ILA | Guide To The Interstate Transportation Of Firearms.

I went across the country in April with my guns. I had a pistol and a rifle locked in cases that were locked in the tool box in the bed of my crew cab truck. They were unloaded and the ammo was locked in a separate compartment not in reach of the drive in the truck. Now was I legal? I read all the gun transport info I could find for each state I passed through and the Federal Transportation Act. and had 2 CCW permits that covered all by Md., and Il. but I never stopped in either state.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back