Brandishing? or just target practice?

Axeanda45

Banned
I live in an unincorporated and rural area with neighbors within 50 yds of my house (in 3 directions). A few days ago, there were some visitors at one of the neighbors, and they got into a fight with another neighbor... It started getting out of hand with actual fists making contact and such, so I decided it was time to take a shot at my normal target in my yard (25 ft from where I was standing) with my .357 snubby.... The fight stopped immediately, I wonder why?

Wow, a firearm stopped a fight and it wasnt even involved in it, imagine that....

BTW, my target and backstop (hillside) was in the opposite direction.... oh, ALL the neighbors have since been by and thanked me....

(I guess I have baited this post with the title, lol.... eidolon was first to get a stick up his azz over his own imagination, lmao)

Quite possibly the dumbest post I have ever read.

Yeah, you were brandishing and had one of them called the cops it would have been your word against theirs which way you were aiming. Of course then we'd have seen how willing not to be arrested you really are

I assume you are allowed to target shoot in your backyard, regardless of neighbors--fighting or not. If you are not allowed to target shoot, per local law, I would think this is unlawful discharge of a firearm and has nothing to do with neighbors--fighting or not.

I assume you are allowed to target shoot in your backyard, regardless of neighbors--fighting or not. If you are not allowed to target shoot, per local law, I would think this is unlawful discharge of a firearm and has nothing to do with neighbors--fighting or not.

I can, and do fire off multiple rounds per month... there isnt even a "quiet hrs" statute or law that I am aware of.... 100% legal to shoot in my own yard anytime I wish to do so... sorry I didnt include that in my original post.

Quite possibly the dumbest post I have ever read.

Yeah, you were brandishing and had one of them called the cops it would have been your word against theirs which way you were aiming. Of course then we'd have seen how willing not to be arrested you really are
Shut up dumbazz, and you might just want to go and look at the definition of brandishing BEFORE you spout off your ignorant tripe around here any more..

Not sure what State you are in, but in most States it's illegal to discharge a firearm within 500ft (167 yards) of a dwelling, unless you have permission from the residents (regardless if you're on your own property). Do yourself a favor and check your state laws before your neighbors get upset with you. Just some friendly advise!

Not sure what State you are in, but in most States it's illegal to discharge a firearm within 500ft (167 yards) of a dwelling, unless you have permission from the residents (regardless if you're on your own property). Do yourself a favor and check your state laws before your neighbors get upset with you. Just some friendly advise!

100% legal to shoot where I do....

Unless Im missing something, its legal in Washington. The only statute Im seeing relates to firing TOWARD something that is within 500 feet.

Areas of Pierce County where the discharge of firearms is not prohibited or
restricted pursuant to 9.32.070, it shall be unlawful to discharge a firearm within five
hundred feet toward any building occupied by people or domestic animals or used for
storage of flammable or combustible materials.

Before you listen to anyone's opinion about anything being legal or illegal, you should really ask yourself if they made any effort to back up their opinion.
Did they cite a portion of the Ohio Revised Code?
Was it 2941.145? Was it another code and if so, which?

If an act is illegal, it will be in the ORC, if it's not, then they're just blowin' smoke up your patoot.

True , what you did was more along the lines of felonious assault

You sir, are an ignorant fool. If he was on private property, shooting in an area that was legal to shoot? How exactly did he commit brandishing or assault? He was in no way involved in the dispute, so he was merely target shooting. Explain how you get "felonious assault" out of shooting a gun at a target, on private property, in an unincorporated area, regardless of what may have been going on next door.

In Florida you can have a backyard range as long as you follow this law and do not shoot over a Paved road or someone else's property.
Link Removed

You sir, are an ignorant fool. If he was on private property, shooting in an area that was legal to shoot? How exactly did he commit brandishing or assault? He was in no way involved in the dispute, so he was merely target shooting. Explain how you get "felonious assault" out of shooting a gun at a target, on private property, in an unincorporated area, regardless of what may have been going on next door.

I’m not a lawyer but I’m not a fool either. What I am is a realist. Do you really believe that the OP didn't fire that round with the intent to intimidate his neighbors? Two doors or whatever down they’re fighting the OP unloads one round into his berm and the fight stops.

Am I the only one that sees the extreme possibility of those folks calling the cops and telling them hey we were just messing around in our yard and this whack job fired of one shot to scare/intimidate / threaten us because he thought we were being too loud? There’s how many of their words against his one? And no way to prove that bullet went into the berm, add to that the OP’s belligerent posting style here, do you really not see how this could go really, really wrong for the OP?

I’m not a lawyer but I’m not a fool either. What I am is a realist. Do you really believe that the OP didn't fire that round with the intent to intimidate his neighbors? Two doors or whatever down they’re fighting the OP unloads one round into his berm and the fight stops.

Am I the only one that sees the extreme possibility of those folks calling the cops and telling them hey we were just messing around in our yard and this whack job fired of one shot to scare/intimidate / threaten us because he thought we were being too loud? There’s how many of their words against his one? And no way to prove that bullet went into the berm, add to that the OP’s belligerent posting style here, do you really not see how this could go really, really wrong for the OP?

There would have to be some proof of his intent in that case. Who is to say he wasn't test firing a hand load? Something he was clearly allowed to do.

Depending on the type of jurisdiction, your argument can fail several ways. Under Constitutional/Common Law, you are allowed to do what you will as long as you do not infringe upon the life, liberty, or property of another living human soul. His actions produced no injured party. No one was killed or injured so no infringement on life. No one's liberty was infringed upon as their rights end where his rights began, in this case his property line. No one else's property was harmed or destroyed so no case there. In short, no injured party equals no crime has been committed under Common Law.

Under Admiralty/Maritime/Corporate/Contract Law... or as sometimes known "Statutory Jurisdiction" the area was not incorporated so there is no corporate stature to violate. Even if there was, corporate stature only applies to those within that organization, and to those who (are foolish enough to) enter into a contract with them. In Statutory Jurisdiction there is no Constitution or Bill of Rights, its all contract law. If you know how not to consent to any contracts, then corporate statute does not apply to you unless you wish it to.

Living human souls are bound only by Common Law. Any "law" outside the limits of the Constitution and Bill of Rights is corporate stature, and you must contract with it to be bound by it. How this is done is a entire different topic, but if you wish to know just research Admiralty Law and you will eventually see how it works, and what a scam it is.

Living human souls are bound only by Common Law. Any "law" outside the limits of the Constitution and Bill of Rights is corporate stature, and you must contract with it to be bound by it.

Remember that when they're slapping the cuff on you

You aren't one of those "Soveriegn Citizen" guys are you?

Shut up dumbazz, and you might just want to go and look at the definition of brandishing BEFORE you spout off your ignorant tripe around here any more..
I don't believe that a LEO would hassle you on the word of an interloper involved in a fight elsewhere in the neighborhood. If you're legal then you're legal. End of issue.

Forgetting one thing. In America he is innocent until proven guilty. He doesn't have to prove his innocence with things like a spent round. The complainant has the burden of proof.

Brandishing? or just target practice?
Neither - it's just being a d-i-c-k. You saw you could get away with swinging your big, snubby .357 d-i-c-k around, so you did so feeling all the man you really aren't.

Then you thought you'd enjoy bragging about it here. What a d-i-c-k.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back