Belts?

All this hostility at Christmas over a freaking belt? You are really sick. Merry Christmas.

All this hostility at Christmas over a freaking belt? You are really sick. Merry Christmas.

Not over "a freaking belt," but over your insulting "entitlement mentality" idiocy that you couldn't possibly articulate a basis for, because it's so ridiculous on its face. A person who uses their own money to buy something they want or need is not displaying an "entitlement mentality" under any rational, logical attempts to explain such a ridiculous notion. Those of us who choose not to conduct our lives just exactly as you claim you do are not comparable to Obama-phone-using, welfare-check-dependent, EBT-card-indulged eaters of our society. That's what you imply with that nonsense, that because we spend our money the way we see fit, we have an "entitlement mentality."

Unfortunately for those of us just trying to share information with someone who innocently asked for it, arrogant jack-wagons show up to drop a fly in the ointment for no rational reason even during Christmas time.

Blues

I still want a video, or photo of the box store belt, that is getting a thumbs up, and only cost a few dollars. Please post pics.

I have some TSC belts. IMHO, the ones in my sizes have made pretty good pants belts. Been in there on Peanut days? What a mess!

Curious what kind of belt everyone is using for every day carry.

"Normal" leather belt?
Gun specific leather?
Web belt with the stiffener in it?

In the past I have only used a normal leather or normal webbing belt. I'm starting to research now and it seems there are tons of options. What's the advantage to the super stiff options?

Thanks for your input.

You definitely want a high quality 2 layer leather belt or what they call instructor belt which is a poly type and very stiff as well. I bought a couple leather ones from Cross Breed holsters but other holster mfr's also make excellent quality belts just for carrying guns. The Belt Man would be where I go first, Brigade Gunleather, El Paso Holsters, Milt Sparks etc are other makers of high quality gun belts.

Can't understand why people go and buy these expensive belts ($50-$100) for their carry belt. You can buy a excellent heavy duty belt at places like Walmart and Tractor Supply for $15-$25. I have a belt that I wear everyday that came from Walmart over 10 years ago. It is 1 1/2" wide and made of heavy cowhide. I have seen many great looking belts at local Tractor Supply stores, in outdoor and western design. Buying a belt from a holster company is like buying custom wheels from a auto dealer. You know their going to be over priced.
I guess it just proves some people has more dollars than sense as my Daddy use to say.

As the saying goes ya get what ya pay for. I would not trust the Chinese made crap in Wally World, Target or any other type store like it. I have never seen a belt at those stores worthy of carrying any of my guns. To me they are garbage. Ya don't spend 10 dollars on a gun or 10 dollars on a holster why spend 10 on a cheap belt. Spend some money on high quality specific duty belt and be secure in the thought that it is going to stay put and hold your gun and pants in place no matter what happens.

Blues,
By trade, before I retired, I was an Industrial Buyer. My job, and I was damn good at it, was to purchase products and material for the industry at the best price for the best quality, and quickest means possible. Example: I could go to a hardware store and buy a certain brand of tools at the going price, or I could research the same tools and find that I could save 30% buy buying it elsewhere. Same item, same quality, save 30% and get it next day for a small charge that still made it cheaper than buying from the local hardware store. The savings that benefited the company was tracked and recorded in a monthly report. Year end bonuses were base on savings on purchases. I was the top guy in the plant for savings to the company. So, you get an idea that I have some professional knowledge of purchasing. It carries over into my personal life. I don't waste money needlessly. I also am not a person that likes to go out and buy expensive products, just so I can brag about how much money I throw around. Like saying I spent $150(this spells fool, to me) on a belt. What does a belt do? It holds up your pants, and your gun. I see no value in paying $150 for a belt to hold a holster that is suppose to be concealed, as well as the belt holding it. It can be accomplished for under $30. Get my drift?

If someone has 200.00 to spend on an exotic skin gun belt what is wrong with that? Doesn't make them an idiot just means they have more money to spend on what they want.

Even in the belt makers products, no clear direction of what is an ideal carry belt. I exchanged emails with Zacs belts, and no stiffener between bonded leather pieces is available. So i am not going to get one. I think they have a good product, but i want something they do not offer. A Better Belt does add a stiffener option. I also gave a second thought to SOE even with his horrendous God complex, but he will not make a belt with a stiff liner.

Thanks for all the input (and a little entertainment). I think I have narrowed it down to the 5.11 operator or the wilderness 5 stitch.
I prefer the webbing to the leather. I think I am leaning a bit to the 5.11 for one because I can get it local and try it on. And for two, I like the buckle a bit better. It just looks a little smaller or more "normal" than the triangular buckle of the 5 stitch.
I'll keep you posted what I end up with and how I like it.

Hi I bought my belt online its 11/2" heavy duty belt two layers from BattleAx Leathers. He is out of IL I had my belt in less then 5 days. Here is the link to his site
Link Removed

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back