Asked to leave Kohl's for OC.

I went back and reviewed my post..... I did point out that you had made a fool of yourself paulpaul..... Sorry, but pointing out something that you did does not qualify as calling you something. Your skin is WAY TOO THIN to be on an internet forum if that upsets you.....

I went back and reviewed my post..... I did point out that you had made a fool of yourself paulpaul..... Sorry, but pointing out something that you did does not qualify as calling you something. Your skin is WAY TOO THIN to be on an internet forum if that upsets you.....

I don't take it personally when people call me a name, I just understand that when people can't formulate an argument with supportable facts that they do that. It shows me I'm right.

paulpaul, Your repeating something over and over does not make it so.....

Business property is called what? BUSINESS PROPERTY! Wow, did you see that? It has a name!!!!! Business!!!!!!! If it was the same thing as "PRIVATE PROPERTY" it would have the SAME NAME wouldnt it?

What is so extremely hard about the very simple idea that Business and Private are two different things? I really dont know how else to explain it....

All of your argument is pointless because your argument has NOTHING to stand on because you have FAILED to differentiate the two DIFFERENT types of property....

Maybe you two should start a separate thread for discussion on what constitutes public or private property and what a persons rights are on both. hint hint. :)

paulpaul, Your repeating something over and over does not make it so.....

Business property is called what? BUSINESS PROPERTY! Wow, did you see that? It has a name!!!!! Business!!!!!!! If it was the same thing as "PRIVATE PROPERTY" it would have the SAME NAME wouldnt it?

What is so extremely hard about the very simple idea that Business and Private are two different things? I really dont know how else to explain it....

All of your argument is pointless because your argument has NOTHING to stand on because you have FAILED to differentiate the two DIFFERENT types of property....

LOL! All I can say to that is
Your repeating something over and over does not make it so.....

Please, provide one cite that treats private property with a business on it different than private property with no business on it differently.

Anyhow, talk to a lawyer, he might be able to explain it in small enough words for you.

If you wish to continue this via PM, that would be fine with me. I won't respond in this thread any more since we seem to have diverged from the original topic.

LOL! All I can say to that is

Please, provide one cite that treats private property with a business on it different than private property with no business on it differently.

Anyhow, talk to a lawyer, he might be able to explain it in small enough words for you.

If you wish to continue this via PM, that would be fine with me. I won't respond in this thread any more since we seem to have diverged from the original topic.
Ever hear of the tax code? how about anti-discrimination laws?

Again you have dis-proven your OWN ARGUMENT by your own posts!

I cant believe how freaked out certain people get when they INVITE the public onto their property and *GASP* actually get the PUBLIC!!!!!

Wow! sound the alarms!!!! The public actually came once I INVITED THEM!!!!!!

Why? You will not find any statute that says a private property owner/agent of owner is required to allow firearms on their private property.

Well I guess it had to happen eventually. :laugh: I'm usually 110% with you, but I have to disagree on this one.

A franchise owner is required to follow corporate policies or they can loose the franchise (one of the ways John Schnatter got so rich), agents of the franchise are also required to follow corporate policies or they can loose their jobs. The owner can say no guns, but then the corporation can say no Kohls sign on the front of your building.

If corporate policy allows firearms, the private owner has to comply.

NavyLT said:
Why? You will not find any statute that says a private property owner/agent of owner is required to allow firearms on their private property.
Well I guess it had to happen eventually. :laugh: I'm usually 110% with you, but I have to disagree on this one.

A franchise owner is required to follow corporate policies or they can loose the franchise (one of the ways John Schnatter got so rich), agents of the franchise are also required to follow corporate policies or they can loose their jobs. The owner can say no guns, but then the corporation can say no Kohls sign on the front of your building.

If corporate policy allows firearms, the private owner has to comply.

There is a huge difference between statute and corporate policy.

There is a huge difference between statute and corporate policy.

Ya know what? Your right, I screwed that one up...reading your post again, not sure how I got that interpretation the first time.

My bad, guess I'm back to completely agreeing with you again. :laugh:

Just carry the firearm concealed - problem solved.

Answer me this, why should he have to conceal it? He following the law and as such doing nothing wrong.

Comes a point when people have to say enough is enough and take a stand on a issue.

It's his right under state law to Open Carry if he should so choose to do so.

If we all just sit back and say "Well I don't care about that law, I'll never use it" when it comes to a law we do care about and use it will be to late.

Point in case in my state, state law states you may carry into a court house and turn your firearm over to the bailiff. I could care less about (RSA 159:19 line two) I have no plans of ever carrying into a court house and as such will never use my right under that law. But other people may use it/care about it. So I can not/will not sit back and let the court house security come up with administrative policy's that try and deter people from using their rights under said state law.

Beau be sure to post the phone number and extension number of the person at company headquarters. I'll be sure to call them and ask what's going on, as we all should! Together our voices shall be heard!

I do not shop Kohl's for several reasons. Since Florida is not open carry yet. Another reason not to shop there. I personally will not OC as it makes me a target. I want OC for the occasional/accidental imprint/display. Remove the criminal charge.

SCOTUS & Article 6 of The Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America:

Mugler v. Kansas 123 U.S. 623, 659-60.
"Our system of government, based upon the individuality and intelligence
of the Citizen, the state does not claim to control him, except as his
conduct to others, leaving him the sole judge as to all that only affects
himself."

20 CA 3d 1032; Mich. v. Duke, 266 US 576, 69, 449.)
State police power extends only to immediate threats to public safety,
health, and welfare.

Marbury v. Madison, 5 US 137
The Constitution for these united States is the Supreme Law of the Land.
Any law that is repugnant to the
Constitution is null and void of law and effect from its inception. 1.
Do you have a right? 2. If you have a
right and it is violated, do the laws of the country afford a remedy? 3.
If you have a remedy at law is it a
mandamus issuing from this court? The opinion of the court on all three
questions was yes, yes, yes.

Remember if no one is harmed physically or financially no crime has been committed.

Last edited:
Remember if no one is harmed physically or financially no crime has been committed.

Isn't tresspassing a crime? Loitering? Public Urination? How do these crimes physically or financially harm someone?

Overall, I agree with you. I'll be glad when OC passes in FL so I can worry less about imprinting.

Absolutely incorrect. Seattle ex-Mayor Nickels enacted a firearm ban in city parks and recreation facilities which violated Washington state law. Several plaintiffs filed a lawsuit in Washington state court backed by the Second Amendment Foundation. Their claim was that they were denied their rights to carry a firearm as protected under the WA State Constitutiona and the state preemption statute. None of the paintiff's were harmed physically or financially. Their entire basis for the lawsuit was the illegal denial of the right to carry a firearm.'

The Washington Court found in favor of the plaintiffs, declared the Seattle gun ban was illegal and immediately nullified the ban, and ordered Seattle to remove any firearms ban signs within 30 days.

Link Removed

I personally will not OC as it makes me a target.

Makes you whose target? 60% of felons interviewed in prison said they would not attack a victim that they knew was armed.

74% of felons said they won't go into a home that is occupied because they fear getting shot at.

57% said they were more afraid of meeting an armed citizen that a cop.

Why would a criminal choose to attack a person that is known to be armed when they can wait 2 minutes for that person to leave, or go down the street one block to the next convenience store where nobody appears to be armed and have a plethora of seemingly unarmed targets available. Also, it is so much easier for a criminal to steal an unattended gun or to buy a gun off the street with stolen money than it is to attempt to take a gun from the person carrying it.

I don't care one way or the other if you carry your gun concealed or not. However, history and statistics show that "makes me a target" is merely a myth. I choose the benefit of the deterrent value of an openly carried firearm. Hopefully, Florida will allow that choice soon.

Absolutely incorrect. Seattle ex-Mayor Nickels enacted a firearm ban in city parks and recreation facilities which violated Washington state law. Several plaintiffs filed a lawsuit in Washington state court backed by the Second Amendment Foundation. Their claim was that they were denied their rights to carry a firearm as protected under the WA State Constitutiona and the state preemption statute. None of the paintiff's were harmed physically or financially. Their entire basis for the lawsuit was the illegal denial of the right to carry a firearm.'

The Washington Court found in favor of the plaintiffs, declared the Seattle gun ban was illegal and immediately nullified the ban, and ordered Seattle to remove any firearms ban signs within 30 days.

Link Removed

Makes you whose target? 60% of felons interviewed in prison said they would attack a victim that they knew was armed.

74% of felons said they won't go into a home that is occupied because they fear getting shot at.

57% said they were more afraid of meeting an armed citizen that a cop.

Why would a criminal choose to attack a person that is known to be armed when they can wait 2 minutes for that person to leave, or go down the street one block to the next convenience store where nobody appears to be armed and have a plethora of seemingly unarmed targets available. Also, it is so much easier for a criminal to steal an unattended gun or to buy a gun off the street with stolen money than it is to attempt to take a gun from the person carrying it.

I don't care one way or the other if you carry your gun concealed or not. However, history and statistics show that "makes me a target" is merely a myth. I choose the benefit of the deterrent value of an openly carried firearm. Hopefully, Florida will allow that choice soon.

We have enough wako's here as it is. The ones who think they know the law and the ones who want to be macho. That covers the elected too,
I personally can do without the hassle. but be my guest and OC here and you will find more then enough reason's to back me up on concealed carry. Besides the fact that by advertising you have weapons they track you, to hit your house. It is my experience having lived and worked in S. Fla. for years that concealed is the way to go. When I worked for HUD drug dealers and gangs didn't know if you were or were not carrying. I am alive because I was
carrying, fortunately I did not have to draw and pull the trigger. When you have worked where I have it will become apparent to you that a gang of 10 year olds with screw drivers and knives are fearless. And yes I was more then concerned and scared. That happened in broad daylight without anyone to see except the elderly lady I had a meeting with and she came to her door with a shotgun. She feared the kids more then the drug dealers. So open carry and when you get wacked on the head and your gun is taken away by a child.

Thurther our rights have not been enforced by we the people in a long time so untill we educate our elected/public officials, we as indivduals will have to go to court and force our rights to be honoured.

April Fools

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back