Arrested for Being Christians in America?

Yes, very interesting how media and the www are used to spread propaganda and deception these days.

Come get your fill here at USACarry!

Looks like the FUDsters have been properly exposed once again. Dang trolls.... :laugh:

Looks like a distinctly different time of day from the original "arrest" footage. This new footage is clearly at night, the sun having gone down. The original footage was still in the bright light of day. So first, it's not the same incident. As to the footage of the arrest, it's just of that, the arrest. The first time I see any of David Wood's group, they're already cuffed. I have no information from this new footage what they were arrested for, and neither does anyone else, apparently.

Now, which footage was first? If the arrest footage was first and then the footage Acts 17 Ap. released was later, then it makes complete sense that the police would mob known troublemakers which they had had to arrest the night before to prevent them from causing trouble again.

If the arrest footage was after the police mob and ejection to the 5 block radius, then the Acts 17 Ap. people are liars, having said they stayed outside of the festival perimeter.

CIB, I don't know if you are a videophile or otherwise technically versed in that field, but lighting, different equipment characteristics and of course the shooter's skills WRT to positioning and equipment setup can all contribute to your "footage analysis" perception. I'd be careful about trying to draw any conclusions in that area without alot more information to back it up.

I also think there's alot of speculation going on here. The only rational explanation I see from what's been presented revolves around one simple question: What were they arrested for? The simple fact the christians try to leverage this with their title says it all for me.

The rock bottom truth is still out there somewhere. Arrest record should be public information....

Link Removed

The Thomas More Law Center, an Ann Arbor-based Christian legal defense organization, has agreed to represent four evangelists who were arrested on charges of disturbing the peace Friday night at the Arab International Festival.

Dearborn police officers violated their free speech rights when their video cameras, which were used to record conversations with festival-goers, were confiscated, said lead attorney Robert Muise.

"Our mission is to defend the religious liberty of Christians," Muise said. "When the police are grabbing cameras and shutting people down, that's a problem for everyone."

Advertisement

Muise faxed a letter Monday to Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad requesting the return of his clients' cameras and tapes.

The Police Department has not responded to Muise's request.

The four -- Negeen Mayel of California; Nabeel Qureshi of Virginia; Paul Rezkalla, a New York University student; and David Wood of New York -- were released on bail Saturday. They will plead not guilty and ask for a jury trial, Muise said, at an initial hearing on July 12 in the 19th District Court.

"These Christian missionaries were exercising their constitutional rights to free speech and free exercise of religion," said Richard Thompson, president and chief counsel of the law center in a statement released Tuesday.

Haddad would not comment on the case.

Calls to Fay Beydoun, executive director of the American Arab Chamber of Commerce, the festival producer, were not returned.

From The Detroit News: Link Removed

Not a Muslim, not a Democrat.

Keep tryin', there must me some derrogatory label you can get me to agree on. You see Sheldon, that's the problem with bigots, whether they be religiously, politically, racially whatever way they are motivated, they are fundamentally all the same. Their entire existence is oversimplified to the basic principle that if you're not like me, then by definition, you're bad, you're wrong (wrong opinion? :laugh:), you're whatever, you suck. Not a very smart way to be, really. Consider yourself properly labelled.

Enjoy.

So there you go again refusing to comment on or acknowledge the facts and are name calling.... Two thoughs on that....

1. When loosing an discussion Liberals tend to try and divert attention by shouting, swearing, or both....

2. You to date have distorted posts, attempted to re write posts to suit your view, have attempt to prove by fallacy, discarded the US constitution if it does not suit your point of view, denied basic Rights exist under same, resorted to name calling, ignored the primary point of posts refusing comment, all the while attempting to re direct the thread with your bashing of individuals attempting to goad them into stooping to your level of hate all things having to do with a fundamental religion... Wow that just shouts left wing liberal.....

So if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck... must be a liberal, but you are right on one point... "Not a very smart way to be, really. Consider yourself properly labeled." As to being told I suck by a liberal, I consider that a huge compliment, thank you very much....

C&L: Fine. Let's see your video analysis. Let's see a side-by-side comparison showing the same actions, the same locations, and the same time of day from one footage to the other.

I maintain it's two different times of day, if not two completely different days.

I don't put much credibility in either video, one way or the other. The arrest record and now apparently subsequent court case should prove out what I've been saying all along.

We'll see....

Looks like a distinctly different time of day from the original "arrest" footage. This new footage is clearly at night, the sun having gone down. The original footage was still in the bright light of day. So first, it's not the same incident. As to the footage of the arrest, it's just of that, the arrest. The first time I see any of David Wood's group, they're already cuffed. I have no information from this new footage what they were arrested for, and neither does anyone else, apparently.

Now, which footage was first? If the arrest footage was first and then the footage Acts 17 Ap. released was later, then it makes complete sense that the police would mob known troublemakers which they had had to arrest the night before to prevent them from causing trouble again.

If the arrest footage was after the police mob and ejection to the 5 block radius, then the Acts 17 Ap. people are liars, having said they stayed outside of the festival perimeter.

By the shadows in the first video I would put it around 1500 but the second and third closer to 2200, hours after the initial confrontation, which in the latter two were mostly obscured with the highly biased comments on his voice over.

In his posting of the so called rehearsal is but its a statement after the fact, and the poster of the second and third did a voice over to obscure...

As to trying to make the Muslims look bad, you don't have to work to do that or look very far, just tune in the evening news....:sarcastic:

So there you go again refusing to comment on or acknowledge the facts and are name calling.... Two thoughs on that....

1. When loosing an discussion Liberals tend to try and divert attention by shouting, swearing, or both....

2. You to date have distorted posts, attempted to re write posts to suit your view, have attempt to prove by fallacy, discarded the US constitution if it does not suit your point of view, denied basic Rights exist under same, resorted to name calling, ignored the primary point of posts refusing comment, all the while attempting to re direct the thread with your bashing of individuals attempting to goad them into stooping to your level of hate all things having to do with a fundamental religion... Wow that just shouts left wing liberal.....

So if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck... must be a liberal, but you are right on one point... "Not a very smart way to be, really. Consider yourself properly labeled." As to being told I suck by a liberal, I consider that a huge compliment, thank you very much....

Sheldon have you ever wondered why some of the Christian haters label Christians bigots when they themselves hate Christians, and Christianity? Don't know about you but that sounds like bigotry to me. Is that not what is referred to as hypocrisy?

I don't put much credibility in either video, one way or the other. The arrest record and now apparently subsequent court case should prove out what I've been saying all along.

We'll see....

How lame. Two posts prior, C&L was exulting that all the FUDsters had been un-masked. Then, CIB lays down the smack on him and suddenly he doesn't put any credibility in either video. Textbook troll, just here to make trouble.

I can't believe this thread is still going. Fourteen pages of C&L screaming the Christians were agitators and defending the Muslims. He lost ALL credibility clear back on page 4.

From C&L: They were there to start trouble. I know it, you know it, and they got what they were asking for. Just too bad it wasn't a good beating from a mob of angry Muslims.

He probably thinks America deserved 9/11. Y'all have fun playing with him.

Sheldon have you ever wondered why some of the Christian haters label Christians bigots when they themselves hate Christians, and Christianity? Don't know about you but that sounds like bigotry to me. Is that not what is referred to as hypocrisy?

John 15:18-20.."If the world hates you, remember that the world hated Me first. If you belonged to the world, then the world would love you like it loves it's own people. But I have chosen you out of the world. So you don't belong to the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the lesson I told you: A servant is not greater than his master. If people did wrong to Me, then they will do wrong to you. And if people obeyed My teaching, then they will obey yours too".

Of course it's hypocrisy,but, they're simply fulfilling prophesy. :biggrin:

...CIB lays down the smack on him ...
:laugh: Ya think? :laugh:
More like lays out some wild speculation - just like the originators of this whole shenanigan intended right from the moment they dreamed it up.

You people are the most gullible bunch of chumps I have seen around the Internet lately. :pleasantry:

And yet you haven't managed to convince anyone that your perspective is correct.
Unfortunately what you and "anyone" in this tiny microcosm of bigoted christian cyber extremism fail to realize is how insignificant your collective perpective is compared to totality of people at large in the world today sharing worldviews similar to mine and midnight's and few other moderates around here.

That is what makes you uncomfortable and why you rail so helplessly with personal attacks when your outmoded beliefs and fuddy hoaxes like this are challenged. You see my friend, it's not even about the issue at hand anymore for some like you and the JJboy - it's more about me. Discrediting me won't change the facts, only the appearance of your misguided belief.

But hey, whatever turns your crank.

Why does no one else see how obvious it is? These guys were preaching at an Arab Festival. That's like the NAACP going to a KKK rally expecting to be welcomed with open arms. I've seen enough evidence to conclude that these guys are lying just so they can make publicity. They give Christians everywhere a bad name.

And here're some other questions about religion I don't understand:

Why does God need to be worshiped? Is he egotistical? If you're an omnipotent being, why does it matter whether or not some humans worship you? How does that affect you?

And what about the people who never get a chance to hear the word of Jesus? Like some primitive tribes in the Amazon that haven't been discovered yet? They never got the chance to accept or reject Christ. Does that mean they're going to Hell?

And here're some other questions about religion I don't understand:

Why does God need to be worshiped? Is he egotistical? If you're an omnipotent being, why does it matter whether or not some humans worship you? How does that affect you?

And what about the people who never get a chance to hear the word of Jesus? Like some primitive tribes in the Amazon that haven't been discovered yet? They never got the chance to accept or reject Christ. Does that mean they're going to Hell?

Midnight, if you want to PM me, I would be more than happy to discuss some of these things with you....However, as mentioned previously,this thread has outlived it's usefullness :pleasantry:

LOOK AT THIS MAN IN THE PHILLIPINES AS HE RAKES IN THE PROFITS WHILE RIDING ON THE BACKS OF HIS IGNORANT BELIEVERS! LOOK AT HOW EASILY CHRISTIANS ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP RATIONAL THOUGHT TO ANYONE WITH FALSE PROMISES AND EXAGGERATED CLAIMS! OH PRAISE THE LORD JESUS CHRiST! HE LOVES YOU AND HE NEEDS MONEY!

YouTube - I Am the Son of God

LOOK AT THIS MAN IN THE PHILLIPINES AS HE RAKES IN THE PROFITS WHILE RIDING ON THE BACKS OF HIS IGNORANT BELIEVERS! LOOK AT HOW EASILY CHRISTIANS ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP RATIONAL THOUGHT TO ANYONE WITH FALSE PROMISES AND EXAGGERATED CLAIMS! OH PRAISE THE LORD JESUS CHRiST! HE LOVES YOU AND HE NEEDS MONEY!

YouTube - I Am the Son of God

OK, so I gave you some slack, as other have done.,,,but it's pretty obvious that you do not want dialogue, you just want to be difficult.... You, sir, have the dubious distinction of being my first "Ignore List" member...

You are the weakest link....GOOD BYE :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back